The Rose Bowl

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
casmith07;3773478 said:
I was impressed with Wisconsin's marching band! Their style had a little bit of that Grambling State/Southern feel to it...a little high-stepping...some songs with some soul...I liked it!
Years ago they played here in Tucson in the Copper Bowl. Most entertaining college band I've ever seen live. They do this thing on kickoffs where everyone plays a cacophony of noise. It was a riot.

newlander

Reaction score
I've watched A LOT of Wisconsin games the last few years and NOTHING this guy has done leads me to believe he'd be ready for the NFL. Yeah, great COLLEGE OC, but the NFL? No friggin' way, unless he's just a figurehead and Red will do most of the heavy lifting and play calling. If so, don't hire him or anyone else.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hostile;3773484 said:
Years ago they played here in Tucson in the Copper Bowl. Most entertaining college band I've ever seen live. They do this thing on kickoffs where everyone plays a cacophony of noise. It was a riot.

That was great to watch...Army doesn't have a band like that...we've got the spirit band made up of Cadets, and then the US Military Academy Band, which is an actual ceremonial Army marching band made up of active duty personnel. They're definitely great at what they do, and the pomp/circumstance style music used to fire me up for military reviews....but not at games, lol.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I'll take AL's defense over TCU's. Who did TCU play to get that ranking? It's a bogus ranking. They are too small but they are hanging in there.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
ninja;3773488 said:
I'll take AL's defense over TCU's. Who did TCU play to get that ranking? It's a bogus ranking. They are too small but they are hanging in there.

You guys want to take this one? I fold :laugh1:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
newlander;3773485 said:
I've watched A LOT of Wisconsin games the last few years and NOTHING this guy has done leads me to believe he'd be ready for the NFL. Yeah, great COLLEGE OC, but the NFL? No friggin' way, unless he's just a figurehead and Red will do most of the heavy lifting and play calling. If so, don't hire him or anyone else.
Uh, he's already worked in the NFL before. Great college OCs cannot work in the NFL?

:omg:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
This thread suddenly got hijacked by stupid.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ninja;3773488 said:
Yeah, they didn't dominate #5 Utah or anyone.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
newlander;3773485 said:

Yeah! Who cares if he is probably the most coveted assistant coach in football? What does the whole entire football world know anyway? You tell 'em!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Wisconsin's defense isn't very good...if they can't outscore TCU I think they'll lose this one.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3773462 said:
I love their run blocking schemes. Heck, I'd take Ewing their FB at this juncture.

could Felix do some damage with that blocking scheme

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nick Toon has got to be Al Toon's son.

Great coverage sack.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
TCU looks really good. Wisconsin can't read their offense.

Wisconsin's suffering from being kind of unable to throw the ball too.