The run game aint gittin no better this week

Jarntt

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like the team is ready to play him even if Cook is...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If we can’t run the ball and our defense struggles, Dak will likely have to put up 300-400 yards and 3-4 TDs for to have any chance of winning this game and we probably won’t, The game will be thrown entirely on him. Our defense better show up and we’re probably going to need to force some turnovers. The big concern in this game is the Ravens controlling the ball on the ground and wearing us down. We can’t afford to have our defense on the field all day, losing the time of possession battle. The Ravens will take control of the game and force us to quit. We have to start showing some physicality and toughness. We can’t allow teams to come to our house and bully us.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
The Ravens run D is giving up less than THREE YARD PER CARRY!! 2.7 to be exact. Yikes! So win or lose I expect the complaints about the running game will still be around next week. On the flip side they are dead last in the league in pass defense. So this thing will come down to Dak and his receivers to win it. Hopefully if we do win the whiners won't inundate the board with "trade for a stud RB!" posts.. on the heels of "you don't need a stud RB" posts for 4-5 years straight.
The bigger concern is how many times our brilliant playcaller will run it on 2nd and long, or predictably when Luepke lines up in the I formation. I kept screaming at them to play action when they were in 12 personnel or the I formation against NO and they predictably ran it almost every single time.

Flamma

Reaction score
If our D doesn't show up, we're not winning any games. But will our offense show up? Even if our D played average last game, we only scored 19 points. We were trading FGs for TDs early on. It's bad enough that when we're down by 2 scores our offense goes into panic mode and struggles to move the ball.

shabazz

Reaction score
If our D doesn't show up, we're not winning any games. But will our offense show up? Even if our D played average last game, we only scored 19 points. We were trading FGs for TDs early on. It's bad enough that when we're down by 2 scores our offense goes into panic mode and struggles to move the ball.
I was just thinking that if we can get all 3 phases of the team playing consistently average we can get 8 or 9 wins

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
the McCarthy run game is never going to carry this offense, especially not with this rag-tag group of RBs.

the dream of some kind of a balanced offense is pointless, ain't happening this year under McCarthy.

so, yes, the offense is basically centered around Dak, and CD. Dak's arm is going to have to carry this McCarthy offense...and that's A LOT to count on, given his average arm talent...and since McCarthy doesn't seem to able to scheme up a consistent, effective passing game.

Come on, ya'll, wake up...this is a .500 team, who will only barely make the playoffs, and have NO chance of a playoff run with this Dead Coach Walking.