The saddest thing you'll read this offseason

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
“I’m gonna be around here a long time. We got a lot of years ahead of us.” - Jerry Jones

2e3.gif

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

I had to make this it's own thread.

Soooo, what's "a long time"? Per US charts life expectancy for an 82 (soon to be) male is 6.77 years. Now certainly with Jerry's money he can buy the best medical care around, so he may very well go past the 6.77 years. Is 6.77 years a "long time"? I think not, personally. Though 6.77 years of continued futility for a Cowboys fan like me is an eternity!

But I would note the last words of (if memory serves) of queen Elizabeth I who, when informed by her doctors of her impending death, shook her fist in the air and said, "All my possessions for a moment of time". Which of course isn't how it works.

Go ahead, Jerry, be optimistic. But just know you can plan all you want, when your name is called to depart this earth, you have zero say in the matter...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
From the looks of Jerry the only way he’s going to be around for a long time is if his family has him stuffed and mounted like Roy Rogers had Trigger. They’ll parade him around the stadium on a cart prior to games, looking like a scene from Weekend at Bernie’s. They’ll then position him in his luxury suite with his finger in his nose, looking like he never left us.

Asklesko

Reaction score
I'm sorry, was anyone thinking otherwise? Jerry is never leaving.

jwitten82

Reaction score
From the looks of Jerry the only way he’s going to be around for a long time is if his family has him stuffed and mounted like Roy Rogers had Trigger. They’ll parade him around the stadium on a cart prior to games, looking like a scene from Weekend at Bernie’s. They’ll then position him in his luxury suite with his finger in his nose, looking like he never left us.
Yea, they'll get him stuffed and then have a Ouija board in the war room

kskboys

Reaction score
Soooo, what's "a long time"? Per US charts life expectancy for an 82 (soon to be) male is 6.77 years. Now certainly with Jerry's money he can buy the best medical care around, so he may very well go past the 6.77 years. Is 6.77 years a "long time"? I think not, personally. Though 6.77 years of continued futility for a Cowboys fan like me is an eternity!

But I would note the last words of (if memory serves) of queen Elizabeth I who, when informed by her doctors of her impending death, shook her fist in the air and said, "All my possessions for a moment of time". Which of course isn't how it works.

Go ahead, Jerry, be optimistic. But just know you can plan all you want, when your name is called to depart this earth, you have zero say in the matter...
Medical care only goes so far curing whiskey imbibing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sjoseph316

Reaction score
Well if Jerry is around 8 more yeas and Stephen lasts as long as Jerry, then we have 28 more years before we have a shot at a playoff run. Most players on that team aren’t even born yet lol

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
How about if we hope he goes to heaven w/ all the hot women and whiskey?
I should feel bad for Jerry's wife because of his infidelity, but I don't. She has about 14 billion reasons to look the other way like she has. Can't say I blame her either.....