The Schedule Has Been Released so Let's See Your Predictions For Each Game

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’re in May and fans are predicting wins and losses. Lol I think we’re a 9-8 to 10-7 team but how we get there remains to be seen.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
They signed chandler jones?? Not sure who the 2020 pro bowler you’re referring to

Brandon Graham missed all of 2021 after making the 2020 pro bowl.

And Haason Reddick has more sacks over the last 2 years than all but 3 other players, including Jones. Hes also 5 years younger.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I guarantee you NFL execs would disagree with you.. 104 QBR vs 87.. big difference
that kind of stuff is for Fans. and their arguments.....now, I agree NFL execs will take Dak because despite all the rhetoric on this forum, he is a better passer, but for regular season, Hurts is a dual threat. not the greatest passer, but can't be ignored and have to be accounted for in the running game. they led the NFL in rushing last year. also, they got Brown, by default he is going to help the passing game and help hurts. they beefed up the OL, DL as well. by contrast we lost our best WR and Wilson who was 4th on depth chart but a great 3rd and started on a pinch and performed. I don't see washington as a big contributor and Tolbert is a rookie. so we lost our WR power and depth which will hurt the passing game. our running game struggled in last 10 games of the year (except against philly and washington in two meaningless games). it was very inconsistent. feast or famine per say. not sure if Smith is really an upgrade on the OL with his penalty issues. OL was a weakness and it remains one. we also lost depth there...so overall, they added some key pieces, we lost some pieces and that evens things out

BaileyRiley1

Reaction score
that kind of stuff is for Fans. and their arguments.....now, I agree NFL execs will take Dak because despite all the rhetoric on this forum, he is a better passer, but for regular season, Hurts is a dual threat. not the greatest passer, but can't be ignored and have to be accounted for in the running game. they led the NFL in rushing last year. also, they got Brown, by default he is going to help the passing game and help hurts. they beefed up the OL, DL as well. by contrast we lost our best WR and Wilson who was 4th on depth chart but a great 3rd and started on a pinch and performed. I don't see washington as a big contributor and Tolbert is a rookie. so we lost our WR power and depth which will hurt the passing game. our running game struggled in last 10 games of the year (except against philly and washington in two meaningless games). it was very inconsistent. feast or famine per say. not sure if Smith is really an upgrade on the OL with his penalty issues. OL was a weakness and it remains one. we also lost depth there...so overall, they added some key pieces, we lost some pieces and that evens things out
We shall see. This thread will be fun to look at in about 6 months

Sydla

Reaction score
Brandon Graham missed all of 2021 after making the 2020 pro bowl.

And Haason Reddick has more sacks over the last 2 years than all but 3 other players, including Jones. Hes also 5 years younger.

Yeah but Graham is also pretty old and coming off a major injury. Not sure I would assume he's just gonna hit the ground and be the 2020 pro bowler.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Cowboys lost big names, not talent.

And added little talent that's clearly an upgrade on what they lost.

Why do you guys always forget that? Yeah, they got rid of Cooper. And replaced him with Washington and a 3rd round WR. You sure that's an improvement? They lost Gregory and replaced him with.............. Dante Fowler and are hoping a risky 2nd round pick can make an immediate impact. You guaranteeing that's better than Gregory?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
1. Tampa Bay - L
2. Cincinnati - L
3. NY - W
4. Washington - W
5. L.A Rams - L
6. Philly - L
7. Detroit - W
8. Chicago - W
9 BYE
10. Green Bay - L
11. Minnesota - W
12. NY - W
13. Indy - L
14 - Houston - W
15 - Jacksonville - W
16 - Philly - W
17 - Tennessee - L
18 - Washington - W

I'm going 10-7

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Can't do this until after our post draft wave of FA talent.

Actually shouldn't do it until we at least see a couple of preseason games and see how the kids are doing in training camp.. but what the hell.. It's kinda fun to gauge where we as fans think the team is now.. then again after training camp.. then again after final cuts.. Predicting now when we don't even know who is on the team is sill but what the hell else are we gonna do in May.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yeah but Graham is also pretty old and coming off a major injury. Not sure I would assume he's just gonna hit the ground and be the 2020 pro bowler.

Even if not, he’s still our best DE. To miss that in 2021 was impactful

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And added little talent that's clearly an upgrade on what they lost.

Why do you guys always forget that? Yeah, they got rid of Cooper. And replaced him with Washington and a 3rd round WR. You sure that's an improvement? They lost Gregory and replaced him with.............. Dante Fowler and are hoping a risky 2nd round pick can make an immediate impact. You guaranteeing that's better than Gregory?
In my eyes Lamb replaces Cooper and Gallup replaced Lamb. We lost big names but there are players here who have the ability to play up to what they lost. Our team is young enough to get better from within.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Chandler Jones was the best pass rusher in FA, not Reddick.

He 5 years older than Reddick, last time he had more sacks than HR he was in his 20’s, and has major injury concern from playing just 20 games over the last 2 years. I like Jones, but I’m happier with Haason