The Seahawks plan to hire Cowboys DL Coach Aden Durde as their defensive coordinator

Nav22

Reaction score
Would've preferred the young and hungry Durde to a senior citizen who's been out of the league for 3 years. Not a fan of the Zimmer hire at all.

Monte Kiffin, Rob Ryan and Mike Nolan were "experienced" guys who ran our defense right into the ground. None of them lasted more than a year.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
rats-leaving-a-sinking-ship.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score
Happy for him, but I think this is one we’re gonna miss. He seemed like a bright dude who the players enjoyed playing for.
And yet if Jerry Jones would have promoted him to defensive coordinator 75% of the people would have been unhappy with it... That's the way it works no matter what Jerry would have done some large portion of the fan base or the media is gonna pick it apart and they're not gonna like it...

But if it does happen and he turns out to be really good that's fine it's a learning lesson for the Jones family but we don't know that we have zero idea what's gonna happen with them and it seems like the Seahawks were hoping for someone else and they decided to go young and somebody that was in Dan Quinn's defense that may be able to try to recreate that but I wouldn't hold my breath on it anything that Jones do the opposite these fans are gonna say we're gonna rule the day like Mike white you remember when he had his little three-game resurgence how he had a fan base saying it was so dumb letting him go what's he doing now???

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Amazing with so many awesome coaches and players we still sucked against GB huh?
So true but it just shows ONE game doesn't make a career. As stated in another thread, one that day, the Packers were a better team but we had more talent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Amazing with so many awesome coaches and players we still sucked against GB huh?
Yeah according to the fan base everybody we're losing is so great and they don't wanna lose al Harris and everybody we might lose in free agency it Jerry's gonna be really dumb for doing it but weird we had a complete meltdown in the last playoff game with all these people on the staff players coaches....

Look this is the reaction of the fan base the Dallas fan base anything that happens that the Jones didn't do that another team does do it's a genius move lol

just like right now it's precious how much energy the Philadelphia Eagles fan base have over Kellen Moore and Fangio even though they failed at many stops same thing with kliff Kingsbury all of a sudden that's a genius move really because last I checked he's just as much of A retread as getting Zimmer who cares about their age....

I guarantee you if that would have been garry's decision to bring this kid up this fan base would have had a meltdown and said he's just taking the easy way out by promoting within because he's comfortable with it.... They would have found a way to say it was a really dumb move but since the Seahawks did it it's a genius move and we will rule the day....

blueblood70

Reaction score
better situation for him honestly. way higher stakes now for jerry aligned with Zimmer. If Zimmer doesn’t work and durde is successful it won’t look good but that’s the business and risks you take
exactly this needed to be a what can you do for me this year only would not looking ahead in no time to develop and change the defense too much,,, that to me said we were gonna go outside the organization and we're probably not keeping any remnants of the old defensive scheme... It also said it was kinda obvious we were gonna go with a veteran defensive coordinator someone that could put together multiple defenses whatever he can find that's gonna fit whatever we end up with in may as far as a roster goes on defense....

Mark

Reaction score
Is the looting & pillaging at the Star complete, or should we expect further losses?