The Seahawks plan to hire Cowboys DL Coach Aden Durde as their defensive coordinator

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

Cowboyny

Reaction score
So true but it just shows ONE game doesn't make a career. As stated in another thread, one that day, the Packers were a better team but we had more talent.
It was reported prior to the game, that the whole team seems very tight. GB was playing with house money and went into that game without any pressure. Cowboys as a team must play better in the so called big games. Stars have to play like stars when everything is on the line.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kind of validates how good he is when that coach wants him running his defense.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It was reported prior to the game, that the whole team seems very tight. GB was playing with house money and went into that game without any pressure. Cowboys as a team must play better in the so called big games. Stars have to play like stars when everything is on the line.
So Tense so Tired, no wonder why we got spanked by the 7th seed.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since Zimmer is the DC he should have a chance to bring in the defensive coaches he wants, so while I liked Durde, it may not be a bad thing.
Zimmer has been an NFL defensive coach for a long time. He is extremely experienced. I wonder if his experience will give him latitude to vet qualified coaches alone? Or he will need 'help' choosing who he thinks are the best candidates?

exciter

Reaction score
So that’s Zimmer, Kellen Moore and now Durde as our 3 head coach possibilities if next season goes to crap!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Zimmer has been an NFL defensive coach for a long time. He is extremely experienced. I wonder if his experience will give him latitude to vet qualified coaches alone? Or he will need 'help' choosing who he thinks are the best candidates?
Thats exactly what I'm waiting for next, his latitude will be understood soon, but Zimmer has just walked into the building, probably doesn't even have a name plate yet on his door.

CWR

Reaction score
I got to actually shake his hand once, a long time ago, was a really cool experience.
When camp was in SanAntonio I watched the team get off the bus, and my buddy and I were yelling "Emmit, Emmitt!" He turned around and we had our fist up in the air, he put his fist up too. Pretty stoked to get fisted by 22.

Not as cool as a handshake, but it was Emmitt Smith acknowledging our existence. I wasn't even cynical yet so I was a total fanboy.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Kinda wish we wound have kept him.

But the NFL is about change and new opportunities.

blueblood70

Reaction score
the same 75% who are unhappy about him leaving.

There’s a small but vocal minority of posters who, if they were on fire, would complain if Jerry was the person who brought a bucket of water.
That's because the bucket would have said AT&T on one side and Dallas Cowboys on the other and they would have said it was self promotion lol.. Winking and green no matter what move was made I believe there were split up into thirds as fan base so no matter what happens there's gonna be a whole bunch of people standing their ground and claiming their correct..

For me I'm just playing the fence I'm indifferent I don't care about the name I don't care about who was hired all I care about is results so let's talk about this in December because it's the only way just settle this debate....

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
C.mon now we all know MacDonald will be running the defense..that's why he was hired. Durde will be kind of asst DC...so he will have a learning curve and not really all the DC power. Here he would have had to run the entire show on defense, not ready to do that yet, which is one reason he didn't get the job. Who knows how it will all shake out. But i wasn't gung ho on any of the defensive coaches anyway.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Zimmer's defensive staff in 2021 is an "impressive" list:

Andre Patterson ***. HC/DC/DL Coach (NY Giants)
Paul Guenther Senior Defensive Assistant (out of football)
Imarjaye Albury Sr ***. DL (out of football)
Karl Scott DB Coach (Seattle)
Roy Anderson ***. DB Coach (Seattle)
Sam Siefkes Defensive QC/***. LB (Arizona)

I am sure Jerry will assign Zimmer his coaches. Here's who is left:
Al Harris DB Coach
Cannon Matthews ***. DB Coach
Scott McCurley LB Coach

"ALL IN" ladies and genetlemen and @Risen Star

All In indeed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Probably one of the few who actually gave a damn about the GB game. And the fans.

yeah that's great he's a passionate man but he was the one that was coaching that defensive line which was part of the problem all year I'm not saying it was on him but don't give me this passion breeds some kind of champions because we have a lot of those guys Dan Quinn's defenses are so overrated because of the turnovers and the aggressiveness and this dude is this passionate and fired up ohh I don't know like Dan Campbell what happened in the last game against us and in the playoffs Dan campbells passion actually in my opinion cost him some games...

We'll never really know whether we're letting go a great prospect because how we fit here this year in a one year prove it here for the team there's not time for a young guy to put together a defense here and prove himself whereas maybe he's got some time over there in Seattle so we'll never know but either way I don't think the Cowboys were in a position to promote someone for the first time in the and give him the time he would have needed to fix this....​
Therefore veteran who can run multiple defenses and doesn't care what he's gotta do to create a defense right now this offseason for just this one season it had to be a guy like Zimmer... But Seattle sure waited a long time I mean why is it that they could have hired lots and lots of people and in my opinion they probably didn't get the guy they really wanted and so now they're taking a flyer and a risk on this kid which is fine... But that doesn't make it a mistake by the Joneses for allowing him to leave it just doesn't fit where we are right now....​
I mean isn't that what people got down on him for looking at Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore in the same way and that didn't really workout too well... And you got other people around the NFL that are doing the same thing bringing back Kellen Moore over and over kliff Kingsbury just because these guys have passion and at one time could have done something good in football doesn't make them a good fit for your team..​

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
When camp was in SanAntonio I watched the team get off the bus, and my buddy and I were yelling "Emmit, Emmitt!" He turned around and we had our fist up in the air, he put his fist up too. Pretty stoked to get fisted by 22.

Not as cool as a handshake, but it was Emmitt Smith acknowledging our existence. I wasn't even cynical yet so I was a total fanboy.
Grew up In Helotes, just north of SA,, beautiful moments meeting a lot of Cowboys back in the day. My man cave now is like a museum of Cowboys signed and verified, historical mini museum.
I always hate when I have to hire some one to come in and do some work when they immediately know I'm a Cowboys fan and they tell me they are Eagle fan....lol

Reactions: CWR