The Seahawks plan to hire Cowboys DL Coach Aden Durde as their defensive coordinator

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Since Zimmer is the DC he should have a chance to bring in the defensive coaches he wants, so while I liked Durde, it may not be a bad thing.
Shariff Floyd played for Zimmer. He’d probably get the promotion

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zimmer's defensive staff in 2021 is an "impressive" list:

Andre Patterson ***. HC/DC/DL Coach (NY Giants)
Paul Guenther Senior Defensive Assistant (out of football)
Imarjaye Albury Sr ***. DL (out of football)
Karl Scott DB Coach (Seattle)
Roy Anderson ***. DB Coach (Seattle)
Sam Siefkes Defensive QC/***. LB (Arizona)

I am sure Jerry will assign Zimmer his coaches. Here's who is left:
Al Harris DB Coach
Cannon Matthews ***. DB Coach
Scott McCurley LB Coach

"ALL IN" ladies and genetlemen and @Risen Star

All In indeed.
You can say that whenever you want but Mike McCarthy was in on this coaching search regardless of if you believe it or not because you like to run on the whole let's rip the Joneses no matter what the move is they won't allow Mike Zimmer to pick whoever he wants from what's left there isn't really a whole lot of dudes on this team leftover.

Zimmer will be allowed to restructure his staff however he sees fit.. im sure those 3 might be valuable, i mean why did DQ want Harris? obviously, the TEAM wanted Harris to be the next DC so how is it forcing a coach on a new DC? I'm sure he could find a way to utilize them in his defense.

the more i think about your post its unrealistic, the ridiculousness is just par for the course. Hate anything and the jones family does BEFORE we see the results.

MZ will not be able to bring all his old staffs back he will NEED some leftover from where because DQ waited so long to leave not many left to choose from.. tell me, being last man hired, who will Durde get to fil out his staff? IM betting it's a lot of the ones left in Seattle. Its par for the course. the only difference is Durde will have a few seasons to make changes and MZ KNOWS up front this has to be win now.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
yeah that's great he's a passionate man but he was the one that was coaching that defensive line which was part of the problem all year I'm not saying it was on him but don't give me this passion breeds some kind of champions because we have a lot of those guys Dan Quinn's defenses are so overrated because of the turnovers and the aggressiveness and this dude is this passionate and fired up ohh I don't know like Dan Campbell what happened in the last game against us and in the playoffs Dan campbells passion actually in my opinion cost him some games...

We'll never really know whether we're letting go a great prospect because how we fit here this year in a one year prove it here for the team there's not time for a young guy to put together a defense here and prove himself whereas maybe he's got some time over there in Seattle so we'll never know but either way I don't think the Cowboys were in a position to promote someone for the first time in the and give him the time he would have needed to fix this....​
Therefore veteran who can run multiple defenses and doesn't care what he's gotta do to create a defense right now this offseason for just this one season it had to be a guy like Zimmer... But Seattle sure waited a long time I mean why is it that they could have hired lots and lots of people and in my opinion they probably didn't get the guy they really wanted and so now they're taking a flyer and a risk on this kid which is fine... But that doesn't make it a mistake by the Joneses for allowing him to leave it just doesn't fit where we are right now....​
I mean isn't that what people got down on him for looking at Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore in the same way and that didn't really workout too well... And you got other people around the NFL that are doing the same thing bringing back Kellen Moore over and over kliff Kingsbury just because these guys have passion and at one time could have done something good in football doesn't make them a good fit for your team..​
What is your obsession? Zim was my first choice and Durde was also someone I would’ve liked. But you’re out here quick to take issue that I’m stoked for Durde and just showing the type of person and coach he is as it’s great to hear he actually cared about the situation and the fans. Seattle is a getting a solid coach that’s it nothing more. People can do that you know without assigning blame. He would’ve been dumb to turn down a DC job and anyone who says other wise is a moron.

CWR

Reaction score
Grew up In Helotes, just north of SA,, beautiful moments meeting a lot of Cowboys back in the day. My man cave now is like a museum of Cowboys signed and verified, historical mini museum.
I always hate when I have to hire some one to come in and do some work when they immediately know I'm a Cowboys fan and they tell me they are Eagle fan....lol
I'm gonna be real suspicious of their craftsmanship at that point. Lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What is your obsession? Zim was my first choice and Durde was also someone I would’ve liked. But you’re out here quick to take issue that I’m stoked for Durde and just showing the type of person and coach he is as it’s great to hear he actually cared about the situation and the fans. Seattle is a getting a solid coach that’s it nothing more. People can do that you know without assigning blame. He would’ve been dumb to turn down a DC job and anyone who says other wise is a moron.
that's not what i said i said the fan base is going to be split but for sure i know this if Durde was Jerry choice it would be questioned and picked apart..

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm gonna be real suspicious of their craftsmanship at that point. Lol.
Exactly, had to fire a WFT supporter back when we could call them their original name.
Dude just had a really bad attitude once he walked into Dallas Cowboys shrine room.
He melted at that point, and I just excused him right out the door...lol

Reactions: CWR

CCBoy

Reaction score
Thats exactly what I'm waiting for next, his latitude will be understood soon, but Zimmer has just walked into the building, probably doesn't even have a name plate yet on his door.
I think he is stump broke already...

LysleE

Reaction score
Would've preferred the young and hungry Durde to a senior citizen who's been out of the league for 3 years. Not a fan of the Zimmer hire at all.

Monte Kiffin, Rob Ryan and Mike Nolan were "experienced" guys who ran our defense right into the ground. None of them lasted more than a year.
Agreed..offenses in the NFL have become so much more dynamic now forcing defenses to defend the entire field…defensive schemes from years ago will easily be exploited…to your point those DCs were woefully out of their depth.

CWR

Reaction score
Exactly, had to fire a WFT supporter back when we could call them their original name.
Dude just had a really bad attitude once he walked into Dallas Cowboys shrine room.
He melted at that point, and I just excused him right out the door...lol
Lol good, you don't need that trash in your home.

CCBoy

Reaction score

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Amazing with so many awesome coaches and players we still sucked against GB huh?
True. You'd think we were in the Super Bowl with our defensive coordinator being poached and taking his top assistant with him and his DL coach becoming another team's coordinator.

Reactions: CWR

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Off topic but do the Cowboys get extra picks for the two new defensive coordinators because they are minorities. Or is it just front office guys.