The simple truth of Dak Prescott

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ole BTB can’t quite see why laughter should escape from behind menus offering cullen skink, bloaters, rook pie, Dundee and droppings, and pigs trotters.... imagine that.
Beans for breakfast for you as penalty.

Blimey ashcan! You make me soo mad!!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hey, hey hey........ Lets don't be cruel to the animals. It's not civilized.

I am more worried about your grammatical contradiction: "LET'S DON'T be cruel."
The English language matters, Yank!I
O Elvinia I am surrounded by ruffians!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Hopefully we can serve some crow to all the "haters"!!! Lol
I don't know, black birds around here seem pretty smart...a group will steal every bit of food from a single seagull. And no, I don't care what you say, I won't believe those two seagulls took those two Coronas!:)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I am more worried about your grammatical contradiction: "LET'S DON'T be cruel."
The English language matters, Yank!I
O Elvinia I am surrounded by ruffians!

Well, just remember, diction isn't indicative of intelligence. Consider, I've been to Brixton, they don't exactly speak the Queen's Own anyhow. Besides, We're from Texas, we don't really speak English, we speak Texan!

But no worries, Hic salvus es!

:laugh:

dfense

Reaction score
So many threads with wasted energy going around and round when none of that matters.

There are basic truths fans will simply have to come to grips with.

Dak Prescott will likely not earn less than 30M per year(AAV) at any point over the next 8 or 9 seasons. --as a side note Gary Myers was in Dallas before NY and his take was simply false and silly but pandering to Giants fans makes sense in that market. He was second rate here and that has continued on in NYC. You can safely say stupid things that will never be dis-proven and Dak isn't going to be a Free Agent anytime soon to make Gary apologize for his pandering.

Dak Prescott will almost assuredly end his career as the all-time Dallas Cowboys passing leader. He averages almost 250 yards per game passing. That's significantly higher than Romo who was the best of anyone with 20+ starts. Dak was over 300 yards per game last year.

Dak Prescott will likely end up with at least the second most wins in Cowboys history. At this pace, 10 wins a season, he'd pass Tony Romo on his next deal be it 4 years or anything greater. Troy would take him 6 seasons, Roger 5. Troy only had 27 wins through 4 full NFL seasons. Dak is on a pace 13 wins ahead of that. Romo had 6 wins at this age.

Dak Prescott had holes in his game prior to 2019. He would get lazy with footwork and throw some inaccurate passes. He fumbled a bit too much. But 2019 showed a drastic improvement in those areas. And why not. He is using Tom Brady's personal QB coach for development. In 2019 he performed at a rate that was elite. He was a top 5 passer for 2019. His weapons and offense got better this off-season. Potentially markedly so.

Anyone with actual intellect has already grasped all these things. They are completely confused by the so very awful "Dak isn't good" takes. It is really hard to tell if the authors of those takes are trolls, just dumb as dirt, hurt Romo-stans or some other weird affliction. If you hold such a weird opinion perhaps ask yourself to which group you belong and see about removing yourself. Because you are talking out of your butt about our franchise QB.
Your first couple paragraphs are a pretty good read. Then you take a hard left into fantasy land. Let me point out some things a guy with questionable intellect has noticed. Dak's footwork improved noticably the first 5 or 6 games in 2019. Then he started to revert to form. He still has major issues directing scoring inside the 20. Not something an "elite" QB still has issues with going into his 5th year, and a big reason why their offense took endzone shots from the 50. He'll never have touch on passes like screens. He's a throw to an area and the receiver has to get to the ball rather than a put the ball in an area for the receiver to catch. Consistency escapes him.

His positives are he's durable and willing to run when required. Doesn't seem to let anything effect him negatively. I see these things but don't believe I have some weird affliction to notice them. But when they play a team this coming year with a winng record and that "elite" QB struggles to direct at least 1 scoring drive, like he did several times last year, I'm going to struggle to come up with someone else to blame. I mean who's left?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Your first couple paragraphs are a pretty good read. Then you take a hard left into fantasy land. Let me point out some things a guy with questionable intellect has noticed. Dak's footwork improved noticably the first 5 or 6 games in 2019. Then he started to revert to form. He still has major issues directing scoring inside the 20. Not something an "elite" QB still has issues with going into his 5th year, and a big reason why their offense took endzone shots from the 50. He'll never have touch on passes like screens. He's a throw to an area and the receiver has to get to the ball rather than a put the ball in an area for the receiver to catch. Consistency escapes him.

His positives are he's durable and willing to run when required. Doesn't seem to let anything effect him negatively. I see these things but don't believe I have some weird affliction to notice them. But when they play a team this coming year with a winng record and that "elite" QB struggles to direct at least 1 scoring drive, like he did several times last year, I'm going to struggle to come up with someone else to blame. I mean who's left?
This is a good effort at a response and I appreciate it.
It's at least addressable.

Game 7 last year Dak completed 77.8% of his passes. Are you really suggesting his footwork abandoned him in weeks 5 or 6?
In weeks 10 and 11 he combined for 841 yards passing. Yes, 841.

Most likely you, like a lot of detractors are ignoring two injuries that he played through with dimishing results.
The first was a finger injury. It was visibly swollen and we will never know how serious and he shook it off and played.
The second was the shoulder injury we are aware of versus the Rams.

His deep passer accuracy last year was VERY good. And VERY frequent.
20 yards plus:
  • Top-10 in pass yards per attempt.
  • 7th in touchdowns (7), pass TD% (13.0), and interceptions (2).
  • 6th in rating (107.6)
20 isn't that deep so let's go 30+
From 30+ yards, Dak’s stats now look like the following:

• 5th in touchdowns (4).
  • 7th in pass TD% (14.3).
  • 1st in interceptions (0).
  • 2nd in rating (118.8).
There is an entire nerd analysis project based just on deep ball passing. It covers every metric known to mankind.
It ranks Dak 6th best in the NFL for 2019. He has been surprising good every year.

https://brickwallblitz.com/2020/02/21/the-2019-20-deep-ball-project-part-3-3/

As to the Red Zone stuff, no offense but you are just wrong.
NFL.com offers situational stats.
Dak 2019 from opp 19-goaline.
16 TDs, 0 INT. Yes. 0.
16 passing TD was tied for 9th most among all QBs. Only 3 QBs had both more Red Zone TD passes and 0 INTs. --Lamar was the best.
A QB rating well over 100 for Dak in the Red Zone.

Then of course you have his rushing impact which is massive in the Red Zone.
Dallas as a team in 2019 ranked 16th in Red Zone scoring of TDs alone.
Largely because they could not run the ball well in the red zone but kept trying.
ZEKE LED THE LEAGUE IN RED ZONE RUSHES.
He finished tied for 5th in rushing TDs in the Red zone.

Dallas was again Right on the median line, 16th overall. But one more TD would have put them at 10 or 11.

What you ABSOLUTELY did see was a terrible, terrible special teams that actually blew FGs from inside the 20 at a league high rate. Yes, highest in the NFL.
The rather pathetic kicking game cost us points, field position and ensured we routinely started at our own 20.
The EPA analysis suggests league average special teams and we win 10.6 games last year. --yes it does weird math but it was a net of minus 2.6 games

TWOK11

Reaction score
No Superbowls to add to that resume? Interesting. Shows what’s really important to some of you “fans.”

You’re the one assuming Dak isn’t good enough to win a SB, not I.

I genuinely don’t know how some of you dress yourselves successfully each morning.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I seriously care for none of what you posted. All Dak has ever done is say the right thing and act the right way. Now all of a sudden the issue is the length of his contract (rumor). Cowboys want 5 years and he wants 4...again, rumor. If this is, in fact, true, why does Dak want less years? I thought this was where he wanted to be? In the end, it's all about your actions and currently his actions seem to be different from what he's been saying since he's put the Star on...

Honestly, the whole thing is boring. A rich owner disagreeing with a rich athlete about a few million when they are both making millions. I think the NFL needs a year off and to see that the fans can and will find something else to spend their time and money on. It's getting to the point where who wants to $500 on nosebleeds, $10 hotdogs and $10 beers. I'll go ride my Harley instead...
Bye

kskboys

Reaction score
You’re the one assuming Dak isn’t good enough to win a SB, not I.

I genuinely don’t know how some of you dress yourselves successfully each morning.
Wellllllllll.....there was a nekkid dude got caught running down the highway just last week in the little town I live in!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, just remember, diction isn't indicative of intelligence. Consider, I've been to Brixton, they don't exactly speak the Queen's Own anyhow. Besides, We're from Texas, we don't really speak English, we speak Texan!

But no worries, Hic salvus es!

:laugh:
It ain't?

pansophy

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on you to make a salient point in my thread.

Wins was the basis for much of the OP.
Reading comprehension for the win.
Dallas is paying for a 26 year old who has averaged 10 wins a season over 4 years.
He's going to win a lot more games in Dallas for some reason much to the chagrin of the dummies.
How are you calculating that Dak averages more yards per game than Romo?

Romo: 127 starts for 34,154 yards = 269 yards per game.
Dak: 64 starts for 15,778 yards = 246.5 yards per game.

Dak’s throwing motion changes last year made me believe he can win. But Dak struggles a lot without top WRs, which we now have. A lot of unknowns got paid because of Romo and proceeded to disappear from the league.

Dak has done more than some guys who got paid 30 million plus, so I agree he will get paid by someone. Given that Dak seems adamant on a a 4 year deal, I’d say it’s 50/50 this goes the way Cousins contract did and we aren’t able to sign him long term. If he plays on the tag that essentially means he is gone.