CFZ The stage is set for the sports drama of 2023

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree it is a bit outlandish to think they would fire McCarthy two games in but when I look at how this entire situation is set up with Moore in LA and we know the comparisons are coming and Quinn sticking with the team after having HC offers and just the weird history of Jones' Cowboys with the media, I can't ignore the poetry of it. And as we know, Booger does not like being called out for his mistakes.

For McCarthy's sake, he cannot let it look like Booger made the mistake of not keeping Moore.

And there is one thing I've noticed about Cowboys teams and their coaches. When the coaches come under fire, the players scatter. At least Prescott spoke up about Moore. The Moore that called 48% of his plays runs. This guy was not pass happy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if the Cowboys win their first 5 games?
That would be great but this thread is based on the premise that they lose the first two games, which I am not predicting but playing the what if game. Not much going on and I am bored with Prescott threads.

I neither want them to or am predicting they lose the first two games, this is purely a conjecture thread of what an old unpredictable man might do if his expectations are trampled underfoot. There is no way he is even contemplating being 0-2 and in 4th place in the East but what if that happens?

You know, the Giants can be a problem for the Cowboys and then they get Rodgers, who would like nothing better than to come to Dallas and hit them when they're down.

So, it is not totally out of the question that they could end up at 0-2. However, I do think it improbable.

rambo2

Reaction score
That would be great but this thread is based on the premise that they lose the first two games, which I am not predicting but playing the what if game. Not much going on and I am bored with Prescott threads.

I neither want them to or am predicting they lose the first two games, this is purely a conjecture thread of what an old unpredictable man might do if his expectations are trampled underfoot. There is no way he is even contemplating being 0-2 and in 4th place in the East but what if that happens?

You know, the Giants can be a problem for the Cowboys and then they get Rodgers, who would like nothing better than to come to Dallas and hit them when they're down.

So, it is not totally out of the question that they could end up at 0-2. However, I do think it improbable.
Aren't the Cowboys 4 and 0 against the Giants over the last 2 years?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Highly unlikely that they get off to a bad start.
One of the greatest football teams in NFL history, the 1993 Dallas Cowboys, began the season 0-2 primarily due to Emmitt Smith's holdout. Are you 100% certain that the players and coaches on paper right now will be available for the start of the season? No training camp or preseason injuries? A slow start in the offense transitioning after Kellen Moore's departure?

Nothing is a certainty until it is. This what if scenario thread is not based upon what you believe is guaranteed.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I also think the reason Moore is gone is because Booger got wind of him talking to Staley. That is what started the whole feud between Booger and Johnson, he found out Johnson was talking to JAX about the new franchise.

Men with overgrown egos often confuse disloyalty with just the simple desire for change or to better one's life.

I do like this Moore fly in the ointment because you can bet there are quite a few media folks just waiting to make this comparisons.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
One of the greatest football teams in NFL history, the 1993 Dallas Cowboys, began the season 0-2 primarily due to Emmitt Smith's holdout. Are you 100% certain that the players and coaches on paper right now will be available for the start of the season? No training camp or preseason injuries? A slow start in the offense transitioning after Kellen Moore's departure?

Nothing is a certainty until it is. This what if scenario thread is not based upon what you believe is guaranteed.
any team could start 0-2 for sure, if they do i would have a hard time thinking its MM playcalling but you never know.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
any team could start 0-2 for sure, if they do i would have a hard time thinking its MM playcalling but you never know.
Wasn't too long ago posters were up in arms over his clock and game management and man had been at it for 13 years.

None of these OC's have fumbles, picks, missed blocks, penalties or mental mistakes in their playbooks but they still lose their jobs over them.

I might feel a little different about McCarthy if my recollection of him in GB wasn't temp in the 20's wind, snow and footballs spiraling through the air.

This newfound love of the run, is that because he had Favre and Rodgers in GB?

I do wonder just where McCarthy's trust level is with his QB in Dallas. Did Moore have more trust in him?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Wasn't too long ago posters were up in arms over his clock and game management and man had been at it for 13 years.

None of these OC's have fumbles, picks, missed blocks, penalties or mental mistakes in their playbooks but they still lose their jobs over them.

I might feel a little different about McCarthy if my recollection of him in GB wasn't temp in the 20's wind, snow and footballs spiraling through the air.

This newfound love of the run, is that because he had Favre and Rodgers in GB?

I do wonder just where McCarthy's trust level is with his QB in Dallas. Did Moore have more trust in him?
Maybe, it could be a simple as changing what they are asked to do to fit more of the personal..who knows, i still dont think we will run the ball anymore than we did last year...I think how we run the ball and for what purpose will.. but i also think running 90% option routes in todays NFL is asking for mistakes..defences have little they can do to not be completly reactive to the offense, disguising the coverages is one main one and that kills a option play when any WR/TE/QB all do not make the same read. I'm betting there was alot of that going on and MM didnt like it to begin with. but again pure specualtion on my part for sure.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe, it could be a simple as changing what they are asked to do to fit more of the personal..who knows, i still dont think we will run the ball anymore than we did last year...I think how we run the ball and for what purpose will.. but i also think running 90% option routes in todays NFL is asking for mistakes..defences have little they can do to not be completly reactive to the offense, disguising the coverages is one main one and that kills a option play when any WR/TE/QB all do not make the same read. I'm betting there was alot of that going on and MM didnt like it to begin with. but again pure specualtion on my part for sure.
I would have preferred for McCarthy to not even mention the run game but focus on updating the routes.