The Stench of Failure

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
IMO— after being absolutely dismantled and embarrassed and registering the worst playoff defeat in franchise history— this team has not made one positive decision.

Not one.

Status quo maintained? Check

Losing decent coaches? Check

Going “all in” by rehiring a DC that flamed out here already? Check

Players and their families saying stupid crap online? Check

Same players still feeling entitled to extensions and massive contracts? Check

This team is CLOAKED in failure from top to bottom. Their “solution” to their failure is to “run it back” because we are “hanging around the rim”.

Pathetic. I have loved and supported this team since the early 80’s— and I have NEVER been as close as I am to just walking away in disgust.

I have zero confidence in the leadership of the FO.

I have zero confidence and trust in the heart and will of these players.

I have zero faith in the abilities of the coaching staff to prepare and equip the roster for success.

I have zero hope that any of these things change anytime soon.

Sorry for the rant. Just pissed as we prepare to watch another SB featuring decent teams that are simply on another level compared to ours.

This offseason has already been brutal and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, crap-infested tunnel.

Rant over

leeblair

Reaction score
It certainly seems as if reality has set in on the Jones' and they have accepted becoming a second tier franchise.
I think they know that nothing they can do will change the outcome at this point; the fans are fed up, and it's not getting better anytime soon.
They are concerned with their profit/loss statements, and football takes second place.
I just don't understand Jerry's insistence on sticking with a losing setup. He doesn't have to, but seems intent on not changing anything that would correct the issue(s) that keep holding the franchise back. He's had plenty of time to correct the problems, but seems intent on not letting go of his way of doing things despite knowing the end result.
As long as he can sell it, that seems to be his only concern.

Kwyn

Reaction score
IMO— after being absolutely dismantled and embarrassed and registering the worst playoff defeat in franchise history— this team has not made one positive decision.

Not one.

This team is CLOAKED in failure from top to bottom. Their “solution” to their failure is to “run it back” because we are “hanging around the rim”.

Pathetic. I have loved and supported this team since the early 80’s— and I have NEVER been as close as I am to just walking away in disgust.

I have zero faith in the abilities of the coaching staff to prepare and equip the roster for success.

Sorry for the rant. Just pissed as we prepare to watch another SB featuring decent teams that are simply on another level compared to ours.

This offseason has already been brutal and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, crap-infested tunnel.

Rant over
Had a few tonight, eh? Well, good for you.

Hope it helps and you can get out of that dark, crap infested tunnel. Sounds scary.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
A once great franchise destroyed by the hubris of one man. I sympathize with you my man, my only recommendation - pour yourself a stiff drink sit back and let the apathy take over. There is little to no sense in getting to invested in this team anymore.
Yup. Poured myself a few over the years.

But apathy has just turned to anger now. Jerry may be fine with being a punchline— but I’m not sure how to just be ok with putting a crappy product on the field.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Had a few tonight, eh? Well, good for you.

Hope it helps and you can get out of that dark, crap infested tunnel. Sounds scary.
Lol… you’re in the same tunnel bro.

You’ve either already resigned yourself to the crap, or you have fallen for Jerry’s sales pitch that the crap is actually gold.

I guess part of me was still clinging to some kind of “even a broken clock is right twice a day!!” kind of hope that somehow, some way, something positive might happen for us in the postseason.

This GB destruction cured me of that fantasy.

crap-shoot.gif

starfan1

Reaction score
Nope.

They could go 17-0 and it won’t be impressive.

Failure is presumed until they prove otherwise.
Failure for the fan and failure for Jerry is 2 different things and while he may say they do publicly your feelings don’t matter to him your checkbook does

Jerry is making $$ hand over fist. The players are making money hand over fist and that’s what’s important to them

The nfl is the most lucrative sport their is and as long as butts are in the seats and the brand is relevant you’ll get more of the same

Kwyn

Reaction score
Lol… you’re in the same tunnel bro.

You’ve either already resigned yourself to the crap, or you have fallen for Jerry’s sales pitch that the crap is actually gold.

I guess part of me was still clinging to some kind of “even a broken clock is right twice a day!!” kind of hope that somehow, some way, something positive might happen for us in the postseason.

This GB destruction cured me of that fantasy.

crap-shoot.gif
I’m fine with a rebuild after the upcoming season but I think it’s a long shot.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

Not one.

Rant over
Don't forget DLaw admitting they were "burnt out" as to why they just laid down and died for GB, oh, and would you like to take a few minutes to listen to him sell his brand of protein supplements and Hot Boyz swag?

Also, no changes to the Front Office which is the first sign that they weren't serious about trying to improve.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
12-5 three straight seasons is not a failure. I will admit the Cowboys were not ready for the playoffs. Quinn’s defensive game plan was awful. Dak and CeeDee seemed off. The Cowboys as usual are a little overrated by the media because they want to deem everything a failure for clicks. The Cowboys are well coached and have one of the better quarterbacks in the league. The Cowboys issues are roster building as the “others” as Shaq calls them are limited. We probably have some of the worst roll players in the league and that lies squarely on the front office.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Anytime someone states they have been a long time fan and also talks about walking away in the same sentence it pretty much renders one of those two things BS and screams "look at me"