The Stench of Failure

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
All of this will be forgotten and forgiven after they beat up on a few crappy teams and pad their stats next season. That seems to be the measuring stick these days.
And when some of us say we want to wait until we see how they play after Thanksgiving we are told that we're miserable . Why can't we just enjoy the season. Go find another team. It is groundhog's day.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Don't forget DLaw admitting they were "burnt out" as to why they just laid down and died for GB, oh, and would you like to take a few minutes to listen to him sell his brand of protein supplements and Hot Boyz swag?

Also, no changes to the Front Office which is the first sign that they weren't serious about trying to improve.
100%

Jarntt

Reaction score
We've already got a significant portion of the fan base convincing themselves a failed defensive coordinator is a "great hire".
What's worse are the whiners who are convinced he is a crap hire before he even walks through the door, This team needs someone to kick the entitlement out of them. Isn't that obvious? I don't want to ever hear Hot Boyz again until it's earned. We need an old school hard *** and that its what Zimmer is and he is a good D coach as well. He was not a failed coordinator here at all. He was on the staff for the last SB. Was DC for a team that gave up the least points in the NFL in 2003 with not great talent other than at safety and he survived multiple coaching changes through the lean years for a reason. He even switched his entire philosophy from a 3-4 to a 4-3 when Parcells came and even Parcells kept him as DC and still speaks about him glowingly. He is a guy who puts in the time and is all in and demands the same of his players. The coddling will be over and that in and of itself is a positive change. If these players can take a kick in the *** and not whine about it it's going to be a positive change and I'm damn sure he isn't going to roll out 2 LBers in our base defense and especially not when one of them is a safety and the other as flawed as Clark is. Nor is he going to play 3 safeties when 2 of them are poor in coverage in the nickel. I'm hoping this change and giving this team a good early down run stopping MLB and maybe a DT and another LBer and there will be improvement against the run and improvement overall when it matters

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Failure?

Everybody making millions. Scoring TD's. Everyone a month into their vacations already instead of still practicing and studying for the next game. Ain't no failure there.

What are the odds that even one single player is feeling the disappointment of the failure this season turned out to be?

Jarntt

Reaction score
12-5 three straight seasons is not a failure. I will admit the Cowboys were not ready for the playoffs. Quinn’s defensive game plan was awful. Dak and CeeDee seemed off. The Cowboys as usual are a little overrated by the media because they want to deem everything a failure for clicks. The Cowboys are well coached and have one of the better quarterbacks in the league. The Cowboys issues are roster building as the “others” as Shaq calls them are limited. We probably have some of the worst roll players in the league and that lies squarely on the front office.
We can blame the playoff losses on whatever we want, but until they stop, they are what defines this team. NFC Championship game at a minimum and preferably at least making a SB is needed to change the narrative.

Cmac

Reaction score
12-5 three straight seasons is not a failure. I will admit the Cowboys were not ready for the playoffs. Quinn’s defensive game plan was awful. Dak and CeeDee seemed off. The Cowboys as usual are a little overrated by the media because they want to deem everything a failure for clicks. The Cowboys are well coached and have one of the better quarterbacks in the league. The Cowboys issues are roster building as the “others” as Shaq calls them are limited. We probably have some of the worst roll players in the league and that lies squarely on the front office.
Points well taken......I've added the Scouting Department to the Fall Guy list. Can't understand why the team doesn't check the smaller schools or HBCUs for some talent too. Larry Allen, Too Tall Jones, Big E or Nate Newton wouldn't be on this team or perhaps get a look by today's franchise & scouting department. A Kenneth Gant definitely doesn't gets a chance as a role player. We keep running to Michigan now, and previously Boise State for players.....and just have DLaw out of it that hasn't been deemed a project player or marginal. Just sayin'. Help me out if I've missed something.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yup. Poured myself a few over the years.

But apathy has just turned to anger now. Jerry may be fine with being a punchline— but I’m not sure how to just be ok with putting a crappy product on the field.
It's not too hard. Just try to remember that of the billions of years the universe has been in existence, humanity has only seen a miniscule fraction of that time. The NFL is at a quantum level, by comparison. Your life, probably even less so.

Your life is too short to let yourself be miserable over a game, which neither you or any of your loved ones are playing. Disappointed? Sure, it's more fun when they win. But to allow it to affect your psyche and darken your days for weeks or months?...No, you can't let it.

kskboys

Reaction score
IMO— after being absolutely dismantled and embarrassed and registering the worst playoff defeat in franchise history— this team has not made one positive decision.

Not one.

Status quo maintained? Check

Losing decent coaches? Check

Going “all in” by rehiring a DC that flamed out here already? Check

Players and their families saying stupid crap online? Check

Same players still feeling entitled to extensions and massive contracts? Check

This team is CLOAKED in failure from top to bottom. Their “solution” to their failure is to “run it back” because we are “hanging around the rim”.

Pathetic. I have loved and supported this team since the early 80’s— and I have NEVER been as close as I am to just walking away in disgust.

I have zero confidence in the leadership of the FO.

I have zero confidence and trust in the heart and will of these players.

I have zero faith in the abilities of the coaching staff to prepare and equip the roster for success.

I have zero hope that any of these things change anytime soon.

Sorry for the rant. Just pissed as we prepare to watch another SB featuring decent teams that are simply on another level compared to ours.

This offseason has already been brutal and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, crap-infested tunnel.

Rant over
Know when I knew we'd fail? When we took an unneeded TE in the 2nd round. He is a project and a reach and absolutely not needed.

And if you think this doesn't reek of Jerry, simply tell me when MM took TE's high in the draft for no reason?

kskboys

Reaction score
Soooo, explain to me what you think Quinn should have done w/ no LB's and a weak 3 tech.

I was never a huge Quinn fan, but what is this awesome scheme he was supposed to employ w/ no LB's? What exactly are you saying he should've done?

I'm not even defending him, I'm simply perplexed as to why so many are blaming a blatantly obvious lack of talent on the DC.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
IMO— after being absolutely dismantled and embarrassed and registering the worst playoff defeat in franchise history— this team has not made one positive decision.

Not one.

This team is CLOAKED in failure from top to bottom. Their “solution” to their failure is to “run it back” because we are “hanging around the rim”.

Pathetic. I have loved and supported this team since the early 80’s— and I have NEVER been as close as I am to just walking away in disgust.

I have zero faith in the abilities of the coaching staff to prepare and equip the roster for success.

Sorry for the rant. Just pissed as we prepare to watch another SB featuring decent teams that are simply on another level compared to ours.

This offseason has already been brutal and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, crap-infested tunnel.

Rant over
My advice is find some backup teams to root for until Cowboys ownership shows they deserve your support. These clowns don't.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Don't forget DLaw admitting they were "burnt out" as to why they just laid down and died for GB, oh, and would you like to take a few minutes to listen to him sell his brand of protein supplements and Hot Boyz swag?

Also, no changes to the Front Office which is the first sign that they weren't serious about trying to improve.
If the Houston Texans continue on the trajectory they established this season it may prompt Stephen Jones to change the front office to a more traditional hierarchy. The father/son owner operator set up is not taking the next step year after year. A blind man should be able to see it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This isn’t what we’d call failure. It’s stuck in mediocrity.

Our priority is remaining relevant . That’s why we aren’t seeing the changes most want.

Consecutive 12 win playoff teams despite the disappointing endings is acceptable for our owner.

To be honest for a dysfunctional organization and part time GM at 81 years old it’s actually surprising he can muster a team this good.

That’s why he’s hanging on to his stars and coaching .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If the Houston Texans continue on the trajectory they established this season it may prompt Stephen Jones to change the front office to a more traditional hierarchy. The father/son owner operator set up is not taking the next step year after year. A blind man should be able to see it.
It ain’t happening until Jethro is out of the picture. But yea, I see Stephen operating in a more normal NFL mode.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My advice is find some backup teams to root for until Cowboys ownership shows they deserve your support. These clowns don't.
You know it always surprises me that this is the final straw for Cowboy fans . I’ve been frustrated for a couple decades.

I walked away from my season tickets in 2008. I’ve only attended 2 Cowboy games since via free tickets and one playoff game.

Sure I still watch all of the games but with equal tv revenue sharing it wouldn’t matter which game I watch. Cowboys would still receive their take .

I detached myself emotionally years ago. Couch Coach helped me find peace as I found a way to still root the team on while calling out our owner. It’s a win win situation .

I’m happy if we win and if we don’t enjoy watching our owner lose . I can still enjoy the competition of the game for 60 minutes each week rooting on my local team . This is how the Cowboys are still Dallas and North Texas favorite sports team and our owner is the most hated sports personality. There’s room for both.

MarkP88

Reaction score

Not one.

Rant over
You’re going to fog up some rose-colored glasses with that kind of talk.

1942willys

Reaction score
For those of us with higher standards it is a failure

kskboys

Reaction score
You know it always surprises me that this is the final straw for Cowboy fans . I’ve been frustrated for a couple decades.

I walked away from my season tickets in 2008. I’ve only attended 2 Cowboy games since via free tickets and one playoff game.

Sure I still watch all of the games but with equal tv revenue sharing it wouldn’t matter which game I watch. Cowboys would still receive their take .

I detached myself emotionally years ago. Couch Coach helped me find peace as I found a way to still root the team on while calling out our owner. It’s a win win situation .

I’m happy if we win and if we don’t enjoy watching our owner lose . I can still enjoy the competition of the game for 60 minutes each week rooting on my local team . This is how the Cowboys are still Dallas and North Texas favorite sports team and our owner is the most hated sports personality. There’s room for both.
The 09 ST's draft is what pushed me over the edge. I've been laughing at our horrific play for a long time now. No choice, it was either that or go to jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!