The Stench of Failure

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
when jerry hired garrett and extended the piece of crap is when it was over. You guys are years behind. Jerry appreciates you guys looking at the draft for him and the FA guys and talking trades. He chuckles and laughs to Stephen about the blind support. Now get out there and scout the draft, and buy the cheesy gear crap. His grandkids need to be set for life too, so do it for a Jones. rah, rah....

kskboys

Reaction score
when jerry hired garrett and extended the piece of crap is when it was over. You guys are years behind. Jerry appreciates you guys looking at the draft for him and the FA guys and talking trades. He chuckles and laughs to Stephen about the blind support. Now get out there and scout the draft, and buy the cheesy gear crap. His grandkids need to be set for life too, so do it for a Jones. rah, rah....
Yeah, we look at the draft and then he takes injured LB's and TE's and thugs anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he listens to us, who in hades is he listening to, Rocky?

Pentagruel

Reaction score
The Green Bay loss has utterly broken this fanbase. I guess the most pathetic loss in Cowboys’ history will do that but it’s still interesting to observe, kinda like watching a train derail in slow motion.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Soooo, explain to me what you think Quinn should have done w/ no LB's and a weak 3 tech.

I was never a huge Quinn fan, but what is this awesome scheme he was supposed to employ w/ no LB's? What exactly are you saying he should've done?

I'm not even defending him, I'm simply perplexed as to why so many are blaming a blatantly obvious lack of talent on the DC.
His scheme was taken apart by Green Bay’s offense. Like I said the front office gets most of the blame no doubt with the players. Quinn just didn’t make any changes to the scheme and we got ran over. Our defense needs in overhaul, especially the front 7.

kskboys

Reaction score
His scheme was taken apart by Green Bay’s offense. Like I said the front office gets most of the blame no doubt with the players. Quinn just didn’t make any changes to the scheme and we got ran over. Our defense needs in overhaul, especially the front 7.
You could be right. He started this playing S's at LB in ATL already. Deion Jones, but he at least weight 222.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope.

They could go 17-0 and it won’t be impressive.

Failure is presumed until they prove otherwise.
Never happens as at some point in the schedule we have to play real teams like the Bills, Niners, Fins,ect............Oh why cant we just play the NFC East for 17 weeks???
Why oh Why???????????????????

blueblood70

Reaction score
12-5 three straight seasons is not a failure. I will admit the Cowboys were not ready for the playoffs. Quinn’s defensive game plan was awful. Dak and CeeDee seemed off. The Cowboys as usual are a little overrated by the media because they want to deem everything a failure for clicks. The Cowboys are well coached and have one of the better quarterbacks in the league. The Cowboys issues are roster building as the “others” as Shaq calls them are limited. We probably have some of the worst roll players in the league and that lies squarely on the front office.
100%..
:popcorn: :hammer:
the better way to look at it it's a huge disappointment....after what Tank said i might consider letting let him walk that a xaiver woods type comment that maybe he wishes he didnt say it and bet its no not what he truly meant..

but this team is constant let down but correct 36 wins , 2 division wins, and 3 straight playoff appearances are FAR FAR from average or failure. Look around it could be worse, MUCH MUCH WORSE. being top 6 isn't what i describe as failure.,

These fans are understandably angry BUT use ridiculous descriptive words that are inaccurate for out teams situation.

.that rants ridiculous its fans expectations that see this is failure. its year-to-year league and keep holding onto the past good or bad is what they react this way.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Green Bay loss has utterly broken this fanbase. I guess the most pathetic loss in Cowboys’ history will do that but it’s still interesting to observe, kinda like watching a train derail in slow motion.
first of all, there are far worse losses in the history of the Dallas cowboys since 1960 than that one.. its one of the worst in playoff history but want there a 2nd round loss to the eagles and i remember a Vikings loss was just as bad wasnt it against Farve? ..but overall, better check out the first 10 years of this franchise and many in the middle in years we didn't win 5 games as worse.

now historically as far as the playoff goes it's top three for sure.. a gut punch given its the most recent you would think it was the worse. trust me it wasn't.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
first of all, there are far worse losses in the history of the Dallas cowboys since 1960 than that one.. its one of the worst in playoff history but want there a 2nd round loss to the eagles and i remember a Vikings loss was just as bad wasnt it against Farve? ..but overall, better check out the first 10 years of this franchise and many in the middle in years we didn't win 5 games as worse.

now historically as far as the playoff goes it's top three for sure.. a gut punch given its the most recent you would think it was the worse. trust me it wasn't.
I don’t think it’s the worst loss in history but I do think it’s the most pathetic. Other losses have hurt more but I can’t think of a single loss as embarrassing as this particular effort.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the loss bothered me none. The QB choked like always the defense was tired and the coaches were hungry and wanted the game to be over. I chuckled and laughed when it was over, because it was Cowboys football, all hype no substances.
so wipe that stench off and pretend you are helping Jerry with the draft, FA, and the other crap. he loves you guys, and don't forget to get the childlike gear so you too can look like you play for the Cowboys, but don't get pissed when people laugh at you. good day, and go, cowboys.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
What's worse are the whiners who are convinced he is a crap hire before he even walks through the door, This team needs someone to kick the entitlement out of them. Isn't that obvious? I don't want to ever hear Hot Boyz again until it's earned. We need an old school hard *** and that its what Zimmer is and he is a good D coach as well. He was not a failed coordinator here at all. He was on the staff for the last SB. Was DC for a team that gave up the least points in the NFL in 2003 with not great talent other than at safety and he survived multiple coaching changes through the lean years for a reason. He even switched his entire philosophy from a 3-4 to a 4-3 when Parcells came and even Parcells kept him as DC and still speaks about him glowingly. He is a guy who puts in the time and is all in and demands the same of his players. The coddling will be over and that in and of itself is a positive change. If these players can take a kick in the *** and not whine about it it's going to be a positive change and I'm damn sure he isn't going to roll out 2 LBers in our base defense and especially not when one of them is a safety and the other as flawed as Clark is. Nor is he going to play 3 safeties when 2 of them are poor in coverage in the nickel. I'm hoping this change and giving this team a good early down run stopping MLB and maybe a DT and another LBer and there will be improvement against the run and improvement overall when it matters
I don't need to be "convinced" he's a crap hire before he walks through the door becasue... and get this... HE'S ALREADY BEEN HERE AND FAILED HARD AS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. Failed hard enough to break an NFL record of shame that still stands two decades later.

Also, defense wins championships and a Zimmer defense as DC or HC has never won a championship.

This was a backwards hire that will set this franchise back. It was not going "all-in". It was a return to previous, more comfortable failure for Jerry, and apparently you too.

You can lie to yourself and drink the kool-aid, but you will not get me to do the same by calling me names so ignore me if you can't handle that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s the worst loss in history but I do think it’s the most pathetic. Other losses have hurt more but I can’t think of a single loss as embarrassing as this particular effort.
Like I said this is top of mind,

it just happened but there's been some blowouts and some shockers in the Playoffs before... I mean I can't remember them all either, but I know one of them was the Vikings and the other one was the Eagles and that's just going back to the Tony Romo days I'm sure there were more... That's the thing with memories and games we witnessed and what era and age we are we're not going to remember all of them it's what have you done for me lately syndrome and yes this was embarrassing no doubt no argument no debate but there are others trust me...

https://champsorchumps.us/team/nfl/dallas-cowboys/biggest-losses

Favre throws 4 TDs as Vikings trample CowboysBrett Favre threw four touchdown passes, and the Vikings' defense put the clamps on the Dallas Cowboys in a 34-3 victory Sunday that sent Minnesota to the NFC title game. 2009 season 2010 playoffs

And that Tony Romo game losing to the Eagles the final game of the year I believe or it was close it was supposed to be winner get in 44 to 6??

The one I remember personally was being at a AT&T game with Tony Romo up 24 points on the Detroit Lions at home in the fourth quarter and we lose that game on a last minute field goal... Yeah it was just a regular season game but I could tell you this it hurt pretty bad how could you lose a game up 24 I don't know having Jason Garrett throw passes the entire second-half being up by that many points and ended up with two tipped interceptions and blah blah blah we lost....

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
100%..
:popcorn: :hammer:
the better way to look at it it's a huge disappointment....after what Tank said i might consider letting let him walk that a xaiver woods type comment that maybe he wishes he didnt say it and bet its no not what he truly meant..

but this team is constant let down but correct 36 wins , 2 division wins, and 3 straight playoff appearances are FAR FAR from average or failure. Look around it could be worse, MUCH MUCH WORSE. being top 6 isn't what i describe as failure.,

These fans are understandably angry BUT use ridiculous descriptive words that are inaccurate for out teams situation.

.that rants ridiculous its fans expectations that see this is failure. its year-to-year league and keep holding onto the past good or bad is what they react this way.
What? You'd toss away a player because he said something stupid? Dude...........did you think before you typed that?

kskboys

Reaction score
The Minny loss was the exact same.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
This offseason has already been brutal and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, crap-infested tunnel.
There isn't any end to this tunnel in the foreseeable future. You are absolutely right to stop being emotionally invested in this entity. Go find another organization to believe in or other interest outside the NFL. It's very rewarding when you can watch this from a distance and laugh without any emotional attachment.

kskboys

Reaction score
There isn't any end to this tunnel in the foreseeable future. You are absolutely right to stop being emotionally invested in this entity. Go find another organization to believe in or other interest outside the NFL. It's very rewarding when you can watch this from a distance and laugh without any emotional attachment.
I can't. My allegiance is permanent. However, I did step back and watch for pure entertainment. It's actually pretty funny watching how the Jones boys flail around trying desperately to act like they have a clue when it's blatantly obvious that they are NFL tardboys.

Sandyf

Reaction score
As a fan from their very first game, I can understand. Difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel and although there will be 30 other teams that feel that way after the Super Bowl tomorrow, we expect more and deserve more. The off season is still full of question marks and zero answers.

Once again we wait to see if the FO really steps forward and sign a few guys that will make a difference in running the ball and stopping the run. That to me is the first step because if they don't then we can and will get the same results of the past 4 years. I liked Quinn but his defense had no one who made a difference in the locker room with attitude and anyone who challenged all the players ever day and especially game day. McCarthy is a good player caller but the man has not a clue on how to manage the clock nor how to change how the defense is playing you, i.e. still running up the middle when the defense knows you are going to day it and taking away any read on WR after initial snap.

The FO, well where to start. They knew before training camp that the OL was a weakness especially at run blocking and yet we did nothing. We never had any WR take the defense away from Lamb, pretty easy to read that we were/had to go that way most of the time. Did we ever see any other WR double covered? Not once. Thank God Ferguson had a breakout season or it would have been worse. No offensive player ever held the team accountable. It was always "you played your best" sort of thing, not "you played like crap, pick it up or get off the f'ing field". Talk about your white collar team. They probably all only drink light beer or white wine.

Need to bring the discipline back for the whole team and hold each player accountable. We need a Charles Haley or Terrell Owens or Troy Aikman. Guys who would tell a guy, tell your f'ing family to shut the f??k up and stop the damn drama. This is football not kindergarten or some chick click, it's about knocking the crap out of the guy across the line from you.

Maybe we should draft the WR prospect from International rugby, Louis Rees-Zammit. He knocks the crap out of anyone, runs over them and scores then after the game says stay out of my way or it will be worse next time. Attitude like that we don't have at all.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I can't. My allegiance is permanent. However, I did step back and watch for pure entertainment. It's actually pretty funny watching how the Jones boys flail around trying desperately to act like they have a clue when it's blatantly obvious that they are NFL tardboys.
Deep down I will always want this team to represent the things that originally made me a fan and if they ever get back to that, they will be worthy of my fandom once again. But I can't accept what they are currently as worthy. My standards for sports & competition demands more. So, I enjoy quality play & teams\players that demonstrate a true desire to be great wherever I find it.

And yes, when you step back it is a lot more humorous to see just how messed up this clown show is.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
IMO— after being absolutely dismantled and embarrassed and registering the worst playoff defeat in franchise history— this team has not made one positive decision.

Not one.

Status quo maintained? Check

Losing decent coaches? Check

Going “all in” by rehiring a DC that flamed out here already? Check

Players and their families saying stupid crap online? Check

Same players still feeling entitled to extensions and massive contracts? Check

This team is CLOAKED in failure from top to bottom. Their “solution” to their failure is to “run it back” because we are “hanging around the rim”.

Pathetic. I have loved and supported this team since the early 80’s— and I have NEVER been as close as I am to just walking away in disgust.

I have zero confidence in the leadership of the FO.

I have zero confidence and trust in the heart and will of these players.

I have zero faith in the abilities of the coaching staff to prepare and equip the roster for success.

I have zero hope that any of these things change anytime soon.

Sorry for the rant. Just pissed as we prepare to watch another SB featuring decent teams that are simply on another level compared to ours.

This offseason has already been brutal and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, crap-infested tunnel.

Rant over
I would atleast wait until training camp before making any judgements on their offseason.

Hard for me to hate the Zimmer hire, I wouldn't say he flammed out here, but Phillips was coming in with his 3-4 system and had a different defensive vision. Zimmer a couple years later went to the Bengals did a great job building the defense there and did the same thing with the Vikings. The big thing is the Cowboys have to address LB and DT otherwise it will hold his approach back. My only other wonder is if his no bull, hard nosed style will clash with coaches or players and create some division. Probably less of a worry over 1 year and frankly these players need accountability and help with the details.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the bad part is the guys who come in here year after year after year, pretending to look at the draft and free agents believe they are fixing crap. It's truly sad. then they get their feathers ruffled when someone points this out. "you guys complain about it's all Jerry and you can't blame the players and coaches" LMAO...so keep looking at the drafts, Old Jerry loves you. good day.
the smell is real.