***The Super Duper Swag Johnny Football teen beat thread***

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
If I were Manziel I would refuse to play for the trainwreck that is the Cleveland Browns. Elway didn't want to play for the Colts and Eli wanted no part of San Diego, so its not like it hasn't been done before.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If I were Manziel I would refuse to play for the trainwreck that is the Cleveland Browns. Elway didn't want to play for the Colts and Eli wanted no part of San Diego, so its not like it hasn't been done before.

You think public opinion isn't great about the guy now... let him pull a stunt like that and he will be hated by the masses.

juck

Reaction score
Watching his game for years this kid takes Romos younger game and does it better. He is the perfect QB to have under Romo a year or so. He plays the same always looking to pass but with more speed and escapability. Only thing is when the play is completely dead and they must run Manziel will and fast.Perfect future QB for us IMO.

FiveRings

Reaction score
People mix up running QBs and mobile QBs too much. Romo and Rodgers are mobile, Vick and Manziel are runners. Romo uses his feet to buy time and pass, the latter just take off if their first read isn't there. The latter generally doesn't thrive in the NFL, especially at they each are.

Coy

Reaction score
You cannot call him better until he proves it in the NFL, Romo is a heck of an NFL QB although many would disagree, saying that, I´d love to have him sitting behind Romo for two or three years, a la Rodgers with Favre. He seems like a great leader of men and a darn good QB.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Its funny how quick people write Romo off, every year he's kept the team competitive and yet some guy that hasn't thrown an NFL pass is better? I expect that kind of talk from Slurs fans.

dstovall5

Reaction score
I highly doubt it, I just don't think his game translates well into the NFL. Also, I watched him a couple times this year and his foot work seemed terrible! He literally was just walking/lolligagging in the pocket on multiple occasions. He dang sure won't be able to pull those stunts in the NFL.

a.stovall2

Reaction score
People mix up running QBs and mobile QBs too much. Romo and Rodgers are mobile, Vick and Manziel are runners. Romo uses his feet to buy time and pass, the latter just take off if their first read isn't there. The latter generally doesn't thrive in the NFL, especially at they each are.

A younger version maybe but to call him better is about the most ignorant thing one can possibly say. How about he has the potential to be better because as of right now he could not even hold stand up to romo's jock strap let alone romo.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Please explain to me how in the world we are able to draft him. It needs probably the number one overall pick from Houston to get him and Houston needs a QB. You would have to sell the world to Houston to get their pick.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
I dont think the comparisons are all that far fetched. They do share some of the same makeup but not so much as youd like to believe.
They both can escape rushers in the pocket but I dont feel that Romo is anywhere near as quick as Manziel.
Manziel is a bit smaller and (atleast at this point) doesnt have the same arm strength as Romo. Even though Tony doesnt exactly have a cannon.
I think Johnny has made some improvements in his game this year. He seems to actually go through progressions better than last year.
Its very hard to say that Manziel is a better QB. I dont know why people refuse to acknowledge that Romo is a very good NFL QB and those are very uncommon.
I dont buy into Manziel being fragile just yet. He absorbs punishment because of his style yet hasnt misseed a game. His style will need to change in the NFL.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
You cannot call him better until he proves it in the NFL, Romo is a heck of an NFL QB although many would disagree, saying that, I´d love to have him sitting behind Romo for two or three years, a la Rodgers with Favre. He seems like a great leader of men and a darn good QB.
Manziel seems like a good leader of men? Really? Too immature to be a leader of an NFL team with GROWN men.

Chappy

Reaction score
Manziel will get splattered like a grape in the NFL if tries that fancy stuff at the top level.

He will be a bust and i do not want.

rags747

Reaction score
If he gets close I hope we are all over it, too bad we didn't loose a couple more games. Two yrs behind Romo and we would be set.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Who knows, you may be right.

But I'm sure you realize that you can't really compare college and pros all that accurately.
Can't hurt to project though. As long as it's just speculation.