***The Super Duper Swag Johnny Football teen beat thread***

tm1119

Reaction score
Franchise cancer right there. Like Griffin.

How is RG3 a franchise killer? Shannahan butchered the entire injury situation with him. And hiring his under qualified kid to run the offense didn't help either.

If I was an NFL GM and needed a QB Manziel would be #2 on my list in this draft. Say what you want about his personality, but is anybody questioning his passion and desire to win and be the best? I hope not cause Johnny has it and in the right situation he can be great.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Pretty good class shaping up for the position.

Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel, Carr, Boyd, Morris, Mettenberger....to name a few

Swaggstar1

Reaction score
I know I'm a little excited but I hope lebron James who is a doe hard cowboy fan says a little something to Jerry to influence a Manziel pick come may
#itstime

tm1119

Reaction score
Pretty good class shaping up for the position.

Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel, Carr, Boyd, Morris, Mettenberger....to name a few

Brett Smith, McCarron, Fales, Boyd, Garrapolo, Murray...

Going to be interesting to see how many of these guys actually go in the 1st 4 rounds. And then not mention guys like Logan Thomas, Keith Price, and Connor Shaw who have a bunch of talent that just may need the proper coaching/system.

It would be kinda dumb for us not to take a QB somewhere really. Not in the 1st or 2nd but someone is going to fall and represent a value we shouldn't pass on at some point

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
How is RG3 a franchise killer? Shannahan butchered the entire injury situation with him. And hiring his under qualified kid to run the offense didn't help either.

If I was an NFL GM and needed a QB Manziel would be #2 on my list in this draft. Say what you want about his personality, but is anybody questioning his passion and desire to win and be the best? I hope not cause Johnny has it and in the right situation he can be great.

I am from the area and I know people close to the Commanders organization. Griffin has basically brought the franchise to its knees through his own arrogance and the added stupidity of Dan Snyder.

The personality makeup of Griffin re: Manziel is startlingly similar. Self-serving, egotistical, arrogant, "above" the rest of the team/coaching staff.

tm1119

Reaction score
I am from the area and I know people close to the Commanders organization. Griffin has basically brought the franchise to its knees through his own arrogance and the added stupidity of Dan Snyder.

The personality makeup of Griffin re: Manziel is startlingly similar. Self-serving, egotistical, arrogant, "above" the rest of the team/coaching staff.

Didn't seem to be that way at Baylor....everybody had good things to say about him and what a good person he was. There also didn't seem to be a problem last year when the Commanders were winning. To me Shannahan seemed like he was the arrogant "above" the rest guy. I will agree that RG3 didn't handle media questions very well, but he's a 23 year old kid, someone in that organization should have been in his ear making sure he said the right things.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're 35+ though?

KDM256

Reaction score
I like Johnny Manziel as a player but I don't want him at Dallas even if he did fall right into our laps. I can see Manziel goin inthe top 10 with Browns, Raiders, Vikings pulling the trigger.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I like Johnny Manziel as a player but I don't want him at Dallas even if he did fall right into our laps. I can see Manziel goin inthe top 10 with Browns, Raiders, Vikings pulling the trigger.

Browns are obvious choice, but he won't make it past Minny at #8 imo.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Is this the top 10 draft order? Not sure he is a top 10 pick but 6 of 10 of the teams below could use a QB.

Houston
St. Louis (Washington)
Tampa Bay
Cleveland
Atlanta
Jacksonville
Oakland
Minnesota
Buffalo
St. Louis

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Probably better for Manziel to come this year then be in the same draft as Mariota and Winston (assuming they declare) next year.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Didn't seem to be that way at Baylor....everybody had good things to say about him and what a good person he was. There also didn't seem to be a problem last year when the Commanders were winning. To me Shannahan seemed like he was the arrogant "above" the rest guy. I will agree that RG3 didn't handle media questions very well, but he's a 23 year old kid, someone in that organization should have been in his ear making sure he said the right things.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're 35+ though?

Don't fall off that limb. Not even close to 35.

And search my posting history - I can be quoted as saying that Cam Newton is "the truth" for comparison's sake. He might have been doing some clownish things prior, but the organization never openly allowed or was a party to behavior or treatment that separated him from the rest of his teammates as being "above" or "better" than them.

Read the news, read the reports. It's a whole lot deeper than handling media questions.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I don't think this is fair. RG3 was damaged goods when he came out of Baylor. What many said would happen, happened and I can't see how that is the fault of Shannahan. What's more, Shannahan never wanted to draft RG3. That was Danny's call all the way. Shannahan wanted Tannehill. RG3 has not helped matters by saying some of the things he's said either.

I personally think Manziel would be terrible for the Cowboys. Putting his football skills aside, Manziel is going to be a guy who will be in the news a lot and not for all the right reasons. The Cowboys are a high profile franchise and their QB is one of the highest profile images in all of sports. The Press/Media would have a field day with Manziel. They would crucify him and it would not be pretty. I don't think that is what the Cowboys need. It would be a huge mistake for the Cowboys to draft Manziel, for that reason alone IMO.

It's a bad fit no matter how you look at it.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
That and Manziel is basically like Cole Beasley playing QB. He's going to get folded in half in the NFL.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I'm torn about Manziel. On the one hand he is on the small side. On the other he isn't going to be the only NFL QB that isn't very tall.

He does have skills that you can't teach & his passion is evident. I think he's a brat but so are a lot of those guys.

I was of the opinion once that he would sit for a long time before his name got called but now he seems to be top 10 easily.

So many intangibles with him.