The team is poised to be a contender next year

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Tired of this mantra, we haven't won since I was 10 years old.

This is losers mentality

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We have a lot of young talent on the team and we have an NFL caliber quarterback. He isn't Tom Brady, but he has all the tools to be an above average NFL QB. It is clear that we need a change in coaching. The greatest coaches in the world adjust their schemes to fit their players. Wade Phillips and Bill Belichick are good examples.

Step 1: Replace the entire coaching staff.

This is pretty obvious. I would like to do something similar to what the Rams did. Hire a successful offensive minded coach and bring in an experienced defensive coordinator who has been successful recently in the NFL.

HC: Not sure. Lots of candidates. Maybe someone like Pete Carmichael from New Orleans.
DC: I like James Bettcher from the Cards. He might be available after Arians leaves.

Step 2: Offensive changes.

• Cut Dez Bryant. He simple isn't worth his price tag.
  • Develop Beasley and Switzer.
  • Draft/Acquire a possession receiver who is a master route runner. I like Jarvis Landry.
  • Keep T. Will.
  • Cut/Retire Jason Witten. I love the guy to death, but he doesn't do a whole lot for us anymore.
  • Draft/Acquire a receiving tight end. Troy Fumagalli? He's got great hands and is a good route runner, and is a serviceable blocker.
  • Draft/Acquire some better depth players on the offensive line. They should be able to find a better backup swing tackle on the open market.
I think the offense will be fine in the hands of someone who is more creative and caters to the strength of the team, which should be crisp route running and short to intermediate routes. I know people really want a burner, but I don't think that is necessary if the scheme is executed properly. Williams and Landry have big play potential.

Step 3: Defensive changes.

• Franchise DLaw. I want to see him prove it before we commit long term, but I don't want to let him get away.
  • Draft/Acquire a legit NT/1 tech. This depends on the scheme we are running, but nearly every scheme requires a space eater on the defensive line. This will help keep our LBs clean.
  • Draft/Acquire 2-3 linebackers. This is a big problem on the team. Smith is improving, but is still a wild card. Hitchens is a good player, and Sean Lee can't be relied upon. Easier said than done, I guess.
  • Draft/Acquire 2 safeties. It is clear that Heath isn't a starting NFL safety. Byron Jones is OK and I think a scheme change would help cater to his strengths. There isn't a lot of depth behind these guys, which is also concerning. I wouldn't mind paying a guy like Morgan Burnett.
I think we are extremely weak up the middle and are fine on the outside. If we can get a solid 1 tech/NT, and get at least 1 starting caliber linebacker and safety in free agency or the draft, we can field an OK defensive. This team needs a lot of work on fundamentals, like angles, form tackling, and ball awareness.

There are multiple teams that have proven you can turn it around fairly quickly. I think this is a reasonable plan.
No bro.

Sorry to disagree somewhat.

What we will have is a half-built team and a last place schedule then.

The time is coming to dismantle Garrett's Back To the Future mantra..

This we agree with.

To get any decent coach to come here we will need cleared cap space and high draft picks.

And Stephen Jones needs to replace Daddy.

Witten has to go...

as does Lee.

These 2 guys are sucking cap and don't play well or often.

We need to not re-sign DeMarcus Lawrence and fall into the trap with him.

Go find a backup who will compete with DAK for the starter job.

Let Beasley and Williams go find new jobs.

Then we will begin to start to to get on with things.

I would let Garrett go immediately after the season so it could start.

Kick Daddy upstairs and let him and the wife go find artwork for the bathrooms.

Clean sweep.