The Terrance Williams thread **merged**

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
And he doesn't get open.

We really need to look at WR in the following offseason because T-Will is a liability and while I still like Dez we need to start to look at his replacement and give him some competition.

But it goes to show the liabilities Dak has in the passing game. T-Will can't get open and doesn't catch outside his body. Witten's best years as a pass receiver are wayyyy behind him. Dez isn't what he once was. We have no speed in our receivers and our best TE receiver is basically a find the hole in the zone receiver.

Dak's far from perfect and has a lot of room to improve, but we need to get him some offensive passing weapons around him, pronto.

YR

Cmac

Reaction score
This guy HAS to go. He cannot catch with his hands to save his life. He is a liability. Butler is better than him by far and can use his hands.
Help Dak out with a good #2 WR.
Got to go?....it was just his turn to make a mistake. We have someone every week make a dunce play. In 2 weeks it will be someone else....book it.

Carson

Reaction score
No I didn’t. You still missing my point

I knew about the cap issues however, when Jerry wants to sign someone nothing will stop him from doing it.

The bottom line is Leary should have been more of a priority than Williams.

And Williams putrid performance validates that.

When's the last time "Jerry got his guy!" In free agency? When's the last time people wanted to come here? We're bargain bin shoppers and overpay mediocre talent.

I don't disagree that Leary should've been priority #1! Appears he was the anchor and back bone of the line.

Williams is garbage and money not spent well.

Nav22

Reaction score
He dropped a pass. It happens. You guys act like he's among the league leaders in drops or something.

It just so happened to be at an incredibly unlucky time and with an incredibly unlucky bounce. 9 times out of 10, that's an incomplete pass and we move on.

(And when it's the Cowboys D on the field, that figure is more like 99 times out of 100)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
T-Will was one of our best playmakers in the 2014 playoffs. We haven't used him like that sense. And lately, he has been messing up big time.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When's the last time "Jerry got his guy!" In free agency? When's the last time people wanted to come here? We're bargain bin shoppers and overpay mediocre talent.

I don't disagree that Leary should've been priority #1! Appears he was the anchor and back bone of the line.

Sometimes I wonder if Leary would be struggling this year too. The entire line has regressed.

Dwight

Reaction score

I’m discussing internal players (Leary and Williams) that played with the organization (and were free agents) not external players. If Jerry wanted Leary he would have found a way to keep him (in which he should have).

It’s obvious the FO made errors and our team is paying for it in both ways.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
When a dumb play is made, Williams can always be found at the scene.

I like a lot about the player. He's shown loyalty to the organization, fills a role and makes the occasional play. But the "body catching" stuff always pops up and bites us.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We can rely on him making a couple of mistakes per season that cost us a game.

Happens every year.

Aven8

Reaction score
He's nothing more then a #3. Problem is our coaches don't even know this! Dez is a #2 now. Witt is reliable but can't move. It's ugly folks! It's not just the defense folks.

sbark

Reaction score
He dropped a pass. It happens. You guys act like he's among the league leaders in drops or something.

It just so happened to be at an incredibly unlucky time and with an incredibly unlucky bounce. 9 times out of 10, that's an incomplete pass and we move on.

(And when it's the Cowboys D on the field, that figure is more like 99 times out of 100)
I can remember when "bad luck" seemed to follow Witten, pass behind him hit him in the heel as a ran--popped up and pick 6................the Carolina game on romo's comeback 2 years ago..........

being "carped" is a verb. Anyone on the roster --open season.