The Terrance Williams thread **merged**

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
He dropped a pass. It happens. You guys act like he's among the league leaders in drops or something.

It just so happened to be at an incredibly unlucky time and with an incredibly unlucky bounce. 9 times out of 10, that's an incomplete pass and we move on.

(And when it's the Cowboys D on the field, that figure is more like 99 times out of 100)
It was perfectly illustrative of his major shortcoming as a receiver: he refuses/cannot catch with his hands. A high school receiver makes that catch. Any competent receiver using his hands makes that catch. It was a routine play and he ****ed it up because he trying to pull some wild acrobatics to catch it with his chest. Inexcusable.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
We win if not for him.

Between his drop last week and that blunder, he should be benched.

Won't happen. This coaching staff is too chicken____ to actually hold players accountable for their miscues.

If this were New England he wouldn't have got into this game at all, based on his two drops from last week.

River82

Reaction score
To catch a ball you either have your fingers pointing to the sky (chest and higher passes) or your palms pointing to the sky (stomach passes and lower.) Williams tried to catch a ball near shoulder height with his palms facing the sky. He was never going to catch that. That little leap during the catching motion was because his body rebelled against how he tried to catch that ball. It was either a complete misjudgement by Williams or he has technique issues (just my 2c)

Zman5

Reaction score
I want to see more Butler. Yeh he has his own issues but at least he has the speed to get us big plays. Not advocating benching TWill completely but have their snaps more evenly distributed.

links18

Reaction score
This organization just gets too comfortable at times. In any event, we just resigned this guy--he isn't going anywhere.

waving monkey

Reaction score
No I didn’t. You still missing my point

I knew about the cap issues however, when Jerry wants to sign someone nothing will stop him from doing it.

The bottom line is Leary should have been more of a priority than Williams.

And Williams putrid performance validates that.
Boy do I wish Leary was here.
Maybe the logic was we have so much money tied up in the offensive line we have to have a cheap link.
It ain't working yet. They got caught with their pants down in the back ups.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I actually liked TW, but it's coming pretty apparent we probably need to look to replace him soon.

aikemirv

Reaction score
This guy HAS to go. He cannot catch with his hands to save his life. He is a liability. Butler is better than him by far and can use his hands.
Help Dak out with a good #2 WR.

And he was taken down by a tackle where he should have easily had the first down on that WR screen. I try not to bash Terrance but there is always a game a year he seems to cost us.

Last edited:

TheHerd

Reaction score
It's unbelievable. That was our ONE miscue on offense and it results in a TD the other way.

Just wish our D had a few lucky breaks in them too. Can't force a turnover to save their lives.

4 TOs in 5 game, almost on pace to set an all time record. That gives the D something to shoot for!

TheHerd

Reaction score
You missed my point.

We did not have the money to sign Leary. Williams received a team friendly contract. Leary signed a massive deal. I was implying, that regardless of signing Williams, his money had no ramifications on signing a guy we never were going to sign.

I agree that signing TWill was not related to Leary leaving.

But to blame the cap for Leary's departure is not true. We had the money, and over the next few years we'd still have the cap space to sign Martin, Dak, and Zeke. Others on here can do a good job of of proving it, and have, but go to overthecap and prove it to yourself.

They lost Leary the year before by giving Collins his job. Leary remained the consummate pro, but unless we blew him away with an over the top offer no way was he staying.

I can agree with arguments that it's too high a % to dedicate to the OL, but if they wanted Leary they easily could have fit him into the cap

risco

Reaction score
This guy HAS to go. He cannot catch with his hands to save his life. He is a liability. Butler is better than him by far and can use his hands.
Help Dak out with a good #2 WR.
I agree- we need a burner that is excellent at catching. A burner ( speed guy) might make Dez life easier.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He reached back for it in an awkward way. Like he’d like to be able to get his chest back there with his hands to catch the ball.

He’s contributed heavily to two losses and hasn’t done much in the two wins.

Pryor could’ve possibly been had for a couple mil more than we’re paying him. Regardless Butler is better.