The thing about the Skins is

hendog

Reaction score
that they never play with the same passion and intensity against the other teams as they do Dallas. Snyder's goal in life is to beat Dallas and his team responds. Watch them come out flat next week against the eagles and get their *** handed to them.

If they could match their intensity they have against us week in and week out they wouldn't lose to mediocre teams that it always seem they end up losing to.

Boysboy

Reaction score
hendog;2296043 said:
that they never play with the same passion and intensity against the other teams as they do Dallas. Snyder's goal in life is to beat Dallas and his team responds. Watch them come out flat next week against the eagles and get their *** handed to them.

If they could match their intensity they have against us week in and week out they wouldn't lose to mediocre teams that it always seem they end up losing to.

Wasn't Campbell's only NFCE win coming into yesterday's game against the Eagles at the Linc?

Why are we making all these excuses?

And besides, we've OWNED Snyder DESPITE some suckfest teams we've had over the years.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Commanders are better than us right now, case closed.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
disagree about the Eagles. The Eagles are going to have a hard time beating the Skins. Face it fellas....the Skins can play defense. They shut down the Giants offense in week one...they shut down the Saints offense that has punished everyone else. They shut down the Cards offense that has scored on everyone else...and now they have shut down the Cowboys offense. So stop thinking the Eagles are going to roll the SKins...the Skins play defense.

ddh33

Reaction score
Who knows what will or won't happen? I think the Skins were more up for that game yesterday. I think they hate the Cowboys more than the Cowboys hate them. But that shouldn't have stopped the Cowboys from winning...The Commanders wanted it more, played better, played smarter, and everyone got what they deserved.

hendog

Reaction score
Boysboy;2296050 said:
Wasn't Campbell's only NFCE win coming into yesterday's game against the Eagles at the Linc?

Why are we making all these excuses?

And besides, we've OWNED Snyder DESPITE some suckfest teams we've had over the years.

Who's making excuses. Saying that we don't match the skins intensity is not an excuse. It's the truth.

kai cyr

Reaction score
khiladi;2296082 said:
No they aren't...

:umm: yes....they are. Were you not watching the game yesterday? Jesus...complete domination. Cowboys need some serious improvements.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
khiladi;2296082 said:
No they aren't...
Why not? We have names, that's about it.

Campbell made Romo look like trash, Barber was a no body compared to Betts and Portis.

Witten was better than Cooley, TO is better than Moss, but Moss, ARE & Thrash are better than all 3 of our WRs.

They're DLINE is probably equal, but they could stop the run and we couldn't so who's better there?

Should I even bring up the secondary? Springs looked like Deion Sanders while Newman looked like Reeves, and the Safeties were horrible in run support and deep coverage.

Pacman was good, but when you have him playing 40 yards off of his man, you get what you get.

So when I add all of that up, they ARE better. The good news is, we can be better by seasons end if we get our **** together.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Clove;2296053 said:
Commanders are better than us right now, case closed.

I absolutely agree with this. They've got their stuff together better, all around, right now than we do.

There is really no excuses to be made. Dallas didn't get the job done yesterday and now they've got to figure it out and start doing their jobs better. That's from top to bottom, not any one person or unit.

Boysboy

Reaction score
khiladi;2296082 said:
No they aren't...

Wade? Is that you?

I wish Gibbs II were still coaching them. Last year-they lost to us by ONLY 5 pts at TX Stadium b/c he started getting away from plays that was WORKING. Zorn did not, and continued to call plays that worked effectively. Result? We got our tails kicked.

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423;2296058 said:
disagree about the Eagles. The Eagles are going to have a hard time beating the Skins. Face it fellas....the Skins can play defense. They shut down the Giants offense in week one...they shut down the Saints offense that has punished everyone else. They shut down the Cards offense that has scored on everyone else...and now they have shut down the Cowboys offense. So stop thinking the Eagles are going to roll the SKins...the Skins play defense.

preach on preacher!!

2much2soon

Reaction score
How about this for a reality check:
Dallas played their worst game of the young season, due in part to the skins - in part to themselves, and lost by 2 points.
With the exception of a couple of boneheaded penalties that called back TDs on the same drive, WA simply couldn't have played much better.
Yet, Dallas was fractions of an inch from recovering an onsides kick and completing a couple of passes to put their money FG kicker in a postion to win the game.
And this board is mostly in complete turmoil.
Long term, I'd be more concerned if I was WA, who had to play a near flawless game to beat a sleepwalking Dallas team by 2.
I'd be more concerned to be a Philly team who lost to a Dallas team who made a pile of mistakes.
I'd much rather be the Dallas team who, as the season rolls on and they get on their game, will be winning games like these by 3 tds.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Clove;2296112 said:
Why not? We have names, that's about it.

Campbell made Romo look like trash, Barber was a no body compared to Betts and Portis.

Witten was better than Cooley, TO is better than Moss, but Moss, ARE & Thrash are better than all 3 of our WRs.

They're DLINE is probably equal, but they could stop the run and we couldn't so who's better there?

Should I even bring up the secondary? Springs looked like Deion Sanders while Newman looked like Reeves, and the Safeties were horrible in run support and deep coverage.

Pacman was good, but when you have him playing 40 yards off of his man, you get what you get.

So when I add all of that up, they ARE better. The good news is, we can be better by seasons end if we get our **** together.

I disagree

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
2much2soon;2296435 said:
How about this for a reality check:
Dallas played their worst game of the young season, due in part to the skins - in part to themselves, and lost by 2 points.
With the exception of a couple of boneheaded penalties that called back TDs on the same drive, WA simply couldn't have played much better.
Yet, Dallas was fractions of an inch from recovering an onsides kick and completing a couple of passes to put their money FG kicker in a postion to win the game.
And this board is mostly in complete turmoil.
Long term, I'd be more concerned if I was WA, who had to play a near flawless game to beat a sleepwalking Dallas team by 2.
I'd be more concerned to be a Philly team who lost to a Dallas team who made a pile of mistakes.
I'd much rather be the Dallas team who, as the season rolls on and they get on their game, will be winning games like these by 3 tds.
Honestly, had the Skins not taken their foot off the throttle, and started to play soft zone coverages and basically back off of our receivers, it could've been alot worse for us but their coach went into conservative mode.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Clove;2296459 said:
Honestly, had the Skins not taken their foot off the throttle, and started to play soft zone coverages and basically back off of our receivers, it could've been alot worse for us but their coach went into conservative mode.

and if we had kept running and not played soft on d, we would have won

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Damn, I wish Hurd had caught that ball on the onside kick, we would have won the game and then no one could say the Skins were better than us.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
Boysboy;2296132 said:
Wade? Is that you?

He didn't mention we were 13-3 last year, or that our defense played well in spite of all the points they scored....

Our defense is average at best....our defensive coaching isn't even that good.

khiladi

Reaction score
Clove;2296459 said:

You mean like what we were doing the whole game... I wish Wade would put his foot on the throttle... Our coach was in conservative mode defensively the whole time...

The only thing the Commanders had better than that game was coaching... Have you seen the Commanders in their other 3 games?