The thing about the Skins is

Ren

Reaction score
Clove;2296053 said:
Commanders are better than us right now, case closed.

Meh i wouldn't say that, they always find a way to show up for our games but i don't consider them better, they got the better of us last night but lets see where this lead before we start anointing them. Dallas played like crap last night and the Skins played really well but anyone who thinks last nights effort is the best we have to offer is out of their minds

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Ren;2297788 said:
Meh i wouldn't say that, they always find a way to show up for our games but i don't consider them better, they got the better of us last night but lets see where this lead before we start anointing them. Dallas played like crap last night and the Skins played really well but anyone who thinks last nights effort is the best we have to offer is out of their minds

They've gotta go out there and prove yesterday was a fluke. I've heard enough CHAMPIONSHIP media hype to last a lifetime. The day we don't choke it away early in the playoffs will be the day I see the true potential in this team.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I used to argue for hours w/ Deep Freeze against needing some fire on this team, but now I see where he's coming from

I just wish I could hear one of our players utter that they hate a particular team, like Chris Samuels after the game saying that he can't stand us, or Fred Smoot 3 years ago saying they play us as if it's their Super Bowl

at the time I thought that was the most hilarious thing, but looking at it now, we need motivation like that, I think this team really has bought the hype, so now they're like, "well, we just need to do our best", rather than, "we want to come out and stomp the other team"

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The Skins are not better than us. They played better yesterday, but they're not the better team. We came off back to back emotional nationally televised games against the Eagles and Packers and we were flat. It happens to every team. Do you think the Dolphins are better than the Patriots? Well they beat the hell out of them a week ago, but do you think they're a better team? What about Kansas City and Denver? Chicago and Philadelphia? Football is an emotional game and no team can get completely up for every game. We'll be fine, but we need to play much more physical. I look for us to destroy the Bungles this coming weekend.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
hendog;2296043 said:
that they never play with the same passion and intensity against the other teams as they do Dallas. Snyder's goal in life is to beat Dallas and his team responds. Watch them come out flat next week against the eagles and get their *** handed to them.

If they could match their intensity they have against us week in and week out they wouldn't lose to mediocre teams that it always seem they end up losing to.

I have witnessed this from them more than once. So true.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
Commanders manhandled the cowboys plain and simple. Even though some cowboy fans may say that they have beaten the skins 15 out of 21 the skins have beaten the cowboys 5 out of 7. Not good. The cowboys need to get their act together. Hopefully we will go into their house and beat them senseless. **** the skins!

Ren

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2297799 said:
They've gotta go out there and prove yesterday was a fluke. I've heard enough CHAMPIONSHIP media hype to last a lifetime. The day we don't choke it away early in the playoffs will be the day I see the true potential in this team.

not saying it was a fluke but i'm not gonna start calling what i saw last night the best this team has to offer either.
it's hard to imagine the skins playing much better then they did last night we more or less know the Cowboys can play better

tenken627

Reaction score
Boysboy;2296050 said:
And besides, we've OWNED Snyder DESPITE some suckfest teams we've had over the years.

The Skins have also beat the Cowboys 5 out of the last 7 times?

And the Cowboys haven't won at Washington since 2004?

Romo is 22-6 against everyone else but 1-3 against the Skins?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Clove;2296053 said:
Commanders are better than us right now, case closed.

No they are not they just always play us tough. We are 3-1 and will more then likely win the next 4 games. Ya we have issues, but you know so does EVERY single team in the NFL lets not over react to one game.

SkinsFanMania

Reaction score
Boysboy;2296050 said:
Wasn't Campbell's only NFCE win coming into yesterday's game against the Eagles at the Linc?

Why are we making all these excuses?

And besides, we've OWNED Snyder DESPITE some suckfest teams we've had over the years.

Yes, since Snyder has owned the team, the Cowboys have owned him. However in more recent history or the last 7 games we have won 5 of them.

You guys need to regroup, we owned you yesterday, but that was yesterday. You have a very talented team and any team in this division could win the division. Currently the Giants are the best team in the division.

Skinsrule84

Reaction score
2much2soon;2296435 said:
How about this for a reality check:
Dallas played their worst game of the young season, due in part to the skins - in part to themselves, and lost by 2 points.
With the exception of a couple of boneheaded penalties that called back TDs on the same drive, WA simply couldn't have played much better.
Yet, Dallas was fractions of an inch from recovering an onsides kick and completing a couple of passes to put their money FG kicker in a postion to win the game.
And this board is mostly in complete turmoil.
Long term, I'd be more concerned if I was WA, who had to play a near flawless game to beat a sleepwalking Dallas team by 2.
I'd be more concerned to be a Philly team who lost to a Dallas team who made a pile of mistakes.
I'd much rather be the Dallas team who, as the season rolls on and they get on their game, will be winning games like these by 3 tds.

Wow, I've just been reading this board but I had to answer this.

Apparently you weren't watching the game if you thought we had to play a perfect game to beat you guys by "just 2 points". We dominated the entire game, and should have won by 2 touchdowns, you say that Dallas had some bone headed penalties, but are you forgetting the stupid penalties Casey Rabach had that cost us 2 touchdowns? Are you forgetting the prevent defense we played at the end of each half to basically hand Dallas 10 points? Please, Dallas got outplayed by the more talented all around team, and we have been more talented than you guys for years, but now we actually have the coaches that know how to use our talent. This game wasn't a fluke by no means. The Commanders are for real.

The media gives us no love or attention, and we don't care. The Cowboys are not that great, and they were starting to beleive their own hype. I guess you can say this game gave the Boys a big ol' slice of humble pie.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Skinsrule84;2298028 said:

Apparently you weren't watching the game if you thought we had to play a perfect game to beat you guys by "just 2 points". We dominated the entire game, and should have won by 2 touchdowns, you say that Dallas had some bone headed penalties, but are you forgetting the stupid penalties Casey Rabach had that cost us 2 touchdowns? Are you forgetting the prevent defense we played at the end of each half to basically hand Dallas 10 points? Please, Dallas got outplayed by the more talented all around team, and we have been more talented than you guys for years, but now we actually have the coaches that know how to use our talent. This game wasn't a fluke by no means. The Commanders are for real.

The media gives us no love or attention, and we don't care. The Cowboys are not that great, and they were starting to beleive their own hype. I guess you can say this game gave the Boys a big ol' slice of humble pie.
We can handle our own dude, we don't need your help. Now run along and celebrate your Super Bowl victory.

Boysboy

Reaction score
SkinsFanMania;2298022 said:
Yes, since Snyder has owned the team, the Cowboys have owned him. However in more recent history or the last 7 games we have won 5 of them.

You guys need to regroup, we owned you yesterday, but that was yesterday. You have a very talented team and any team in this division could win the division. Currently the Giants are the best team in the division.

Well, like I said in another thread, I was one of the few who thought the Skins would be better than everyone anticipated. While Gibbs II got this team to play competitive again, he blew alot of games b/c he just looked LOST late in games.

He's a very good coach, but he obviously wasn't up-to-date with the current NFL schemes, and therefore it seemed like the game just went TOO fast for him(i.e. there were several times when he mis-utilized Ladell Betts last year).

Zorn, OTOH has done an excellent job with the schemes and looking for matchups. It showed in the last 3 games.

MikMak

Reaction score
2much2soon;2296435 said:
How about this for a reality check:
Dallas played their worst game of the young season, due in part to the skins - in part to themselves, and lost by 2 points.
With the exception of a couple of boneheaded penalties that called back TDs on the same drive, WA simply couldn't have played much better.
Yet, Dallas was fractions of an inch from recovering an onsides kick and completing a couple of passes to put their money FG kicker in a postion to win the game.
And this board is mostly in complete turmoil.
Long term, I'd be more concerned if I was WA, who had to play a near flawless game to beat a sleepwalking Dallas team by 2.
I'd be more concerned to be a Philly team who lost to a Dallas team who made a pile of mistakes.
I'd much rather be the Dallas team who, as the season rolls on and they get on their game, will be winning games like these by 3 tds.

The Commanders clearly weren't flawless. This is a new offense and the Commanders are still learning it. They are getting better at it each week and I think by the end of the season they will have one of the best offenses in the NFL.

They already have one of the better defenses. Look for the Commanders to get better and better.

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
hendog;2296043 said:
that they never play with the same passion and intensity against the other teams as they do Dallas. Snyder's goal in life is to beat Dallas and his team responds. Watch them come out flat next week against the eagles and get their *** handed to them.

If they could match their intensity they have against us week in and week out they wouldn't lose to mediocre teams that it always seem they end up losing to.

We'll see. As a Skins fan, this is my biggest fear heading into the Philly game. The last few years we would win a big game against someone, then proceed by dropping 2 of 3 or 3 of 4, then have to rally at the end of the season to make the playoffs.

Hopefully things are different with Zorn...at the very least there is some imagination in the play calling.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Skinsrule84;2298028 said:

What a joke. You are not more talented than these Cowboys and you have not been more talented than the Cowboys in these past few years either. Where are some of these Skins fans coming from.:rolleyes:

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
MikMak;2299721 said:
The Commanders clearly weren't flawless. This is a new offense and the Commanders are still learning it. They are getting better at it each week and I think by the end of the season they will have one of the best offenses in the NFL.

They already have one of the better defenses. Look for the Commanders to get better and better.
:hammer:

Skinsrule84

Reaction score
On paper the Skins clearly have the more talented roster overall, which is what I meant.