The thing about the Skins is

seoulman

Reaction score
Just don't have much time to post but thanks for the props Hostile and StylisticS.

I like to keep things real when talking about football. We all know that almost any team can beat any other given the right conditions and I try to remain objective even when I root against the team I'm talking about.

I really credit Greg Blache for calling a great defensive game and Jim Zorn for being able to control the clock...we all know that if the offense can keep the opposing defense on the field they will eventually break down no matter how good they are. It also kept our defense fresh and able to play with more aggression down the stretch. At least that's how I see it.

Anyway, I actually think we match up worse against Philly than we do you guys mainly because our secondary has a hard time covering the small speedy receivers like Desean Jackson whereas Springs feels a lot more comfortable trying to play press coverage on larger receivers like TO.

Philly is a team that ALWAYS plays hard for their coach and should never be considered an easy out. They've got a stingy run defense and they get after the QB like no one else in football right now. If the Skins' beat the Eagles in Philly, I think things will get super interesting in the NFCE.

But either way, I'm super happy that we'll finish our NFCE road trips by week 5 and be able to enjoy home field advantage when you guys come to play us at FedEx.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
seoulman;2302628 said:
Just don't have much time to post but thanks for the props Hostile and StylisticS.

I like to keep things real when talking about football. We all know that almost any team can beat any other given the right conditions and I try to remain objective even when I root against the team I'm talking about.

I really credit Greg Blache for calling a great defensive game and Jim Zorn for being able to control the clock...we all know that if the offense can keep the opposing defense on the field they will eventually break down no matter how good they are. It also kept our defense fresh and able to play with more aggression down the stretch. At least that's how I see it.

Anyway, I actually think we match up worse against Philly than we do you guys mainly because our secondary has a hard time covering the small speedy receivers like Desean Jackson whereas Springs feels a lot more comfortable trying to play press coverage on larger receivers like TO.

Philly is a team that ALWAYS plays hard for their coach and should never be considered an easy out. They've got a stingy run defense and they get after the QB like no one else in football right now. If the Skins' beat the Eagles in Philly, I think things will get super interesting in the NFCE.

But either way, I'm super happy that we'll finish our NFCE road trips by week 5 and be able to enjoy home field advantage when you guys come to play us at FedEx.
You really are a credit to any fandom. I mean that.