The three most important positions on defense, and on offense

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This forum can get outer-worldly at times
I don’t think it starts with the quarterback. I don’t think you have to have the best in the league. I’d rather have the best center . You don’t give the quarterback time I don’t care who you have. But that’s just my opinion. If I’m starting a team. I think the first player I’m taking. Middle linebacker. Depending on the quality obviously. Captain of the defense. And an offense center

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The best so-called quarterback, but not in my opinion. Mahomes. Choked in the second half because they couldn’t protect him. So what good was having him. Yes I know it goes deeper than that

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Imagine thinking QB isn't one of the 3 most important positions on offense.
Are you really surprised that one of the biggest Dak homers on the site didn't list QB as one of the 3 most important positions on offense?

If you minimize the responsibility of someone then it's easier to defend them when the team fails.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am looking at this as a question of where to spend your CAP dollars to get the most out of what you spend.

On defense it is DE, DT and CB. I would start with these positions and then move on to the others.

On offense it is QB, C, LT. I really believe the entire offensive line is important. Once you build a solid OL then you can work around RBs and WRs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
In my opinion it starts with defense .
Nose tackle, middle linebacker, strong safety.
And offense in my opinion,
Center, left tackle, wide receiver.
The franchise seems to understand the offensive side of the ball. But they’ve been lacking in that position on defense for years . Can’t wait for preseason football go cowboys

I think NT or DT is important to any team but DE/OLB based on what NFL teams are willing to pay them is #1 priority around the NFL. Pass rusher not even on your list?

Offense sorry QB is the #1 asset around the league

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t think it starts with the quarterback. I don’t think you have to have the best in the league. I’d rather have the best center . You don’t give the quarterback time I don’t care who you have. But that’s just my opinion. If I’m starting a team. I think the first player I’m taking. Middle linebacker. Depending on the quality obviously. Captain of the defense. And an offense center
This dude really said he'd rather have the best Center than the best QB......

kskboys

Reaction score
The best so-called quarterback, but not in my opinion. Mahomes. Choked in the second half because they couldn’t protect him. So what good was having him. Yes I know it goes deeper than that
That wasn't the only reason. Mahomes refused to change what he does to take advantages of the weaknesses. He insisted on doing what he does no matter what. To win a super bowl, at some point the O simply must have a ball control type O to use at times. Kyle Shanahan still doesn't get this, losing two super bowls(ATL and SF) after having nice leads because there was no adjustments.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You can have an average center, all day long if you have a great QB
No way, no how you can flip that script.

Can't believe I'm reading this....unless maybe I'm not paying attention and you are just playing all of us.
In that case, good job!

Nobody on any planet, anywhere, or any era would say a great Center is more valuable than a great QB

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Can't believe I'm reading this....unless maybe I'm not paying attention and you are just playing all of us.
In that case, good job!

Nobody on any planet, anywhere, or any era would say a great Center is more valuable than a great QB
I think you’re mistaking what I’m saying. I don’t think you need a great quarterback to win a championship. I think the center is the captain of the Offense. At least he should be. Without protection the quarterback is not going to succeed

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think NT or DT is important to any team but DE/OLB based on what NFL teams are willing to pay them is #1 priority around the NFL. Pass rusher not even on your list?

Offense sorry QB is the #1 asset around the league
And that’s why they’re not winning championships. In my opinion. You can’t protect the quarterback you’re not winning. The worst quarterback in the world has a ring. Some of the best don’t . Who needs a great pressh rusher when you can Collapse the pocket in the middle . If they have to double the nose tackle your defensive ends will get there.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

In that case, good job!

X Super Bowl champions, discuss this constantly. I guess it’s just an old-school way of thinking.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

In that case, good job!

Even Jimmy new to take a center in the first round. Why do you think we give a first round pick for Freddy when people had him in the second. I’m not seeing it works for every team or every time. I’m just saying in my opinion that’s where I’m starting my Offense. Just like my middle linebacker for my defense.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I guess all 32 teams have it wrong. They need to draft a center with the first overall pick

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess all 32 teams have it wrong. They need to draft a center with the first overall pick
No one said that did it wrong. Just said they do it different. I’m not Saying take a center with the first overall pic. I’m saying if I was starting a team that’s where I would start. I’m not even sure a great Center would even be there. People are mistaking what I’m trying to talk about. How do you start a team. That was the question. Then I would. But you’re welcome to your opinion Are you Telling,me all 32 NFL teams have championships. There’s a reason why they don’t. Aaron Rodgers with one ring. I think that’s all Patrick gets also.