The three most important positions on defense, and on offense

DFWJC

Reaction score
X Super Bowl champions, discuss this constantly. I guess it’s just an old-school way of thinking.
None would ever say Center is more valuable than QB.
Maybe you aren't saying that
And no, the center does not direct the offense, though he often directs the offensive line and may even help point out a key LB

DFWJC

Reaction score
Even Jimmy new to take a center in the first round. Why do you think we give a first round pick for Freddy when people had him in the second. I’m not seeing it works for every team or every time. I’m just saying in my opinion that’s where I’m starting my Offense. Just like my middle linebacker for my defense.
Stepnowski was drafted in the 3rd round

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Imagine thinking QB isn't one of the 3 most important positions on offense.

Yet you want to get rid of one that most NFL experts agree is a top 10 QB. LOL

And why because you makes a fool out of you every year?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
In my opinion it starts with defense .
Nose tackle, middle linebacker, strong safety.
And offense in my opinion,
Center, left tackle, wide receiver.
The franchise seems to understand the offensive side of the ball. But they’ve been lacking in that position on defense for years . Can’t wait for preseason football go cowboys

In my

For a defense

1) Pass Rusher DE/OLB- Have to get pressure to create turnovers
2) MLB- I think this position is often underrated but most of the elite defenses we've see over the past couple decades had a great one. Ray Lewis, Bobby Wagner. Having guys that know the plays and make adjustments makes a big difference between snaps.
3) CB- I was debating DT here too, but having all-pro quality players at all levels usually separates elite defenses from good ones. But could argue DT is of equal importance.

For Offense

1) QB (Far above all other positions)
2) LT- Having someone that can neutralize the most important position on the other side is important
3) WR- Obviously you need reliable weapons for your QB that can win matchups.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe you, I Could’ve sworn he took it center in the first round, Don’t get old too much to forget I mean remember lol

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
None would ever say Center is more valuable than QB.
Maybe you aren't saying that
And no, the center does not direct the offense, though he often directs the offensive line and may even help point out a key LB
Not more valuable. The word used is worthy let’s say. I know the value of a quarterback but I’m starting with the center. I think that’s the captain on Offense the intelligence That’s why I’m starting with middle linebacker also. Too many great quarterbacks never received a ring.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not more valuable. The word used is worthy let’s say. I know the value of a quarterback but I’m starting with the center. I think that’s the captain on Offense the intelligence That’s why I’m starting with middle linebacker also. Too many great quarterbacks never received a ring.
You might be one of the few people that would be a worse GM than Jerry.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The franchise seems to understand the offensive side of the ball. But they’ve been lacking in that position on defense for years . Can’t wait for preseason football go cowboys

I largely agree, professor, but the franchise is not as savvy today as you would think on offence.

Now, how does the franchise not understand that Sequel Elliott is finished as a star? He might be a serviceable back in a backup role for a team. Yet ...
36 yards against the 40whiners last playoff game?
The lady selling scones at the corner shop could eke out 40. And she is minimum scale!
Oh, he's hurt? Why did the team play a hurt guy? Why did dumb ash Sequel play hurt? But it is a swell excuse for 36 yards or, what was it, 70 ypg last season?
Do any good chaps here see a red flag as to Sequel on the decline, a decline that is gathering momentum.?
Anyone? Anyone?
The franchise has miscalculated --- hugely, me dudes --- on Sequel and don't get me started on Dak, a festering problem until 2026.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I largely agree, professor, but the franchise is not as savvy today as you would think on offence.

Now, how does the franchise not understand that Sequel Elliott is finished as a star? He might be a serviceable back in a backup role for a team. Yet ...
36 yards against the 40whiners last playoff game?
The lady selling scones at the corner shop could eke out 40. And she is minimum scale!
Oh, he's hurt? Why did the team play a hurt guy? Why did dumb ash Sequel play hurt? But it is a swell excuse for 36 yards or, what was it, 70 ypg last season?
Do any good chaps here see a red flag as to Sequel on the decline, a decline that is gathering momentum.?
Anyone? Anyone?
The franchise has miscalculated --- hugely, me dudes --- on Sequel and don't get me started on Dak, a festering problem until 2026.
I was sick of him tripping over, his own ego, on the go line. And fumbling

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just for the record. Just because I would spend a lot of efforts looking for a center. Does not mean I wouldn’t put energy into looking for solid quarterback. I think people are mistaken what my intention is. I usually don’t explain myself well not being in person . But I don’t mind the criticism because I understand what I’m trying to say. Lol I’m looking for team captains. I guess that’s the bottom line

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Jerry Jones said, "Let your free agent LBs walk on spend your money on the lineman". DLine is so crucial in football, not LBers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would say 3 most important on offense would be a franchise QB, stud LT, and stud C..... receivers and backs can be interchangeable and adequate. For defense, stud DE, lockdown CB, and stud MLB. DT would be close behind.

Agreed 100%. You get a great Oline and top 10 QB and you can put a whole bunch of WR's or backs in there and they will move the ball and the offense will be just fine.

Brax

Reaction score
Good thing you’re not a GM, tell us when a center was a #1 over all pick.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The best so-called quarterback, but not in my opinion. Mahomes. Choked in the second half because they couldn’t protect him. So what good was having him. Yes I know it goes deeper than that
What you fail to understand is that when you get pasr the first round of the playoffs everyone is good. Mahomes just got beat. But he is consistently getting to the playoffs and that drive against the Bills was crazy good. Yeah the Bills D was worn down but Mahomes did that through out the game. Mahomes has a ring and gets the pass from choking. Dak on the other hand has done absolutely nothing and if anyone needs to be labeled a choker it's him. Until he starts contributing to winning playoff games he is nothing special. His performance in these playoff games is poor compared to the regular season.