The three most important positions on defense, and on offense

Hadenough

Reaction score
Most important positions on offense are
QB, LT, C
Defense
DE, MLB, DT
The Giants won a SB with a poor secondary and the Chiefs did it with a mediocre secondary.
For me it's o line and d line

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I don’t think you have to have the best quarterback in the league to win a championship. Yes but they understand the importance of Center, left tackle wide receiver. Yeah they definitely screwed up the running game. But I don’t think it’s the most important position when it comes to top three
QB is widely regarded as the most important position in any sport. Why? Because it is. It’s not even debatable.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I don’t think it starts with the quarterback. I don’t think you have to have the best in the league. I’d rather have the best center . You don’t give the quarterback time I don’t care who you have. But that’s just my opinion. If I’m starting a team. I think the first player I’m taking. Middle linebacker. Depending on the quality obviously. Captain of the defense. And an offense center
Do you still think it’s 1974?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Even Jimmy new to take a center in the first round. Why do you think we give a first round pick for Freddy when people had him in the second. I’m not seeing it works for every team or every time. I’m just saying in my opinion that’s where I’m starting my Offense. Just like my middle linebacker for my defense.
Jimmy?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And that’s why they’re not winning championships. In my opinion. You can’t protect the quarterback you’re not winning. The worst quarterback in the world has a ring. Some of the best don’t . Who needs a great pressh rusher when you can Collapse the pocket in the middle . If they have to double the nose tackle your defensive ends will get there.

I think DT or NT is important never said it wasn't however the league in general looks high and low for DE/OLB and pay big. I'm sorry having a DT does not mean you will get pressure on the QB. I think all position matter and any weakness will be exploited. If you have a great DT but you can't bring pressure it will cost you, if you have bad play in the secondary it will cost you.

Brax

Reaction score
The best so-called quarterback, but not in my opinion. Mahomes. Choked in the second half because they couldn’t protect him. So what good was having him. Yes I know it goes deeper than that
This is a really funny post, choked in the second half of the SB, his second and you forgot that was a makeshift OL. You would pass on taking Mahomes and take Fredrick in a draft at say # 4-5 because a center is more important. It gets better every day on CZ. Please tell us you don’t really believe this because you are the only person on the planet of 7 billion people who believes this. Are you really Jerry, no even he knows better.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I think DT or NT is important never said it wasn't however the league in general looks high and low for DE/OLB and pay big. I'm sorry having a DT does not mean you will get pressure on the QB. I think all position matter and any weakness will be exploited. If you have a great DT but you can't bring pressure it will cost you, if you have bad play in the secondary it will cost you.
Bingo! In this era of free agency and the cap, no team is great at every spot. It’s just impossible. Some teams prioritize positions a bit differently, but ALL have QB, pass rusher, LT, and corner at the top. I guess you can put WR in there since it’s such a pass happy league, but they’re easier to get and much more plentiful than the others I mentioned.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is a really funny post, choked in the second half of the SB, his second and you forgot that was a makeshift OL. You would pass on taking Mahomes and take Fredrick in a draft at say # 4-5 because a center is more important. It gets better every day on CZ. Please tell us you don’t really believe this because you are the only person on the planet of 7 billion people who believes this. Are you really Jerry, no even he knows better.
Mahomes sucks .

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No he only wanted to Johnny football LMAO

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Funny, you take that center and keep the jokes coming.
I don’t expect someone like yourself to understand. You start with the group and then you find someone’s attributes that fit with that group. That doesn’t mean a certain person isn’t more important than another. It’s just that some people have tunnel vision and they can’t look past

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
you are the only one on the planet that thinks so, I know you jest or you are just so envious wishing Dallas had a QB like that JAG Mahomes
You would be so wrong, I’ve been saying it from the beginning. I know most of the NFL realize it. Most overrated quarterback ever. Now they’re saying he won’t be anything without Hill. He wasn’t anything before

Brax

Reaction score
You would be so wrong, I’ve been saying it from the beginning. I know most of the NFL realize it. Most overrated quarterback ever. Now they’re saying he won’t be anything without Hill. He wasn’t anything before
2 SB appearances, one win, 4 championship games, 2 wins and it was Hill, just have to laugh, you have a very difficult time understanding football. Too bad the Cowboys QB isn't so pedestrian.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
2 SB appearances, one win, 4 championship games, 2 wins and it was Hill, just have to laugh, you have a very difficult time understanding football. Too bad the Cowboys QB isn't so pedestrian.
Yeah all by himself

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
a long snapper, a mascot, and another jones grandson will make this a SuperBowl contender.
My only issue is some of your people think it’s just one person making or breaking a team . I bet you don’t blame Romo. And you shouldn’t

Brax

Reaction score
Yeah all by himself
Not by himself but a huge difference maker who elevated those around him to championship level football. Tell us about all those centers that did that, please just stop it’s embarrassing what you are doing to yourself.