The top 5 free agent signings in Dallas Cowboys history

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I think the conversation would be more interesting if split in two . Because there is the annual, I guess you call it veteran free agents who are sought after and getting nice contracts, that is one interesting conversation.

But then there are misc type free agents such as:
guys were just cut by another team and available (I think that is how Dallas got Preston Pearson)
guys coming over from a folded competing league (like how we got Nate Newton)
undrafted rookies (Drew Pearson, Cliff Harris, Tony Romo)
and there was that brief 1989-1992 Plan B free agency thing, which was similar to an expansion draft for all teams (how we got Novacek)

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I have a completely different list. Deion is not on it, paying him those huge sums was a big factor in tearing apart the super bowl contender that had been built.

1. LaRoi Glover. Just a beast. Too bad Jerry couldn't surround him w/ much of anything.
2. Nate Newton. What a dominator. He and Erik Williams had formed the best 2nd level blocking tandem of all time before the wreck. Instrumental in all 3 super bowl wins.
3. James Washington. What a playmaker. Absolutely instrumental in super bowl wins.
4. BIGG. Completely dominated at OG.
5. Everson Walls. Do UDFA's count? Can't believe no one's mentioned him.
6. Keith Brooking. Completely changed our D w/ his leadership and tough play. Need another like him.
James Washington was above average and Keith Brooking was slow as molasses.