The top 5 free agent signings in Dallas Cowboys history

kskboys

Reaction score
Yup. Proof of the amateur hour front office we have. They sign a bad deal, instead of getting better at evaluating free agents, they just stop signing any of them. Lol.
That is exactly what happened.

BTW, me and a few others were screaming at the top of our lungs that Carr was a #2 CB. If we know it, how in the world did Jerry not know it?

Havic

Reaction score
Tony romo was one of the biggest udfa’s in franchise history, def has to be considered in the top 5 unless we are just poaching from other teams

kskboys

Reaction score
Tony romo was one of the biggest udfa’s in franchise history, def has to be considered in the top 5 unless we are just poaching from other teams
Or unless you consider the talent level of other FA's such as Cliff Harris, Laroi Glover, Everson Walls, Drew Pearson, Nate Newton, and James Washington. He wasn't better than any of those guys.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Why?

Pearson, Washington, Walls, Glover, Nate Newton. All better players than Romo.
Premium position. To find a QB that pretty much carried the franchise for a decade supercedes some of those names. Any ranking/list is going to be subjective, so that's just my opinion.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is exactly what happened.

BTW, me and a few others were screaming at the top of our lungs that Carr was a #2 CB. If we know it, how in the world did Jerry not know it?
Yup. And Jerry would make genius statements like "I feel like if you pay a guy like a star, he'll become one". Lol. Yeah..how's that working out JJ..

kskboys

Reaction score
Premium position. To find a QB that pretty much carried the franchise for a decade supercedes some of those names. Any ranking/list is going to be subjective, so that's just my opinion.
That's a completely different judgment. You are judging the importance of a player, not judging talent. That's not what this thread is about.

gtb1943

Reaction score
That's a completely different judgment. You are judging the importance of a player, not judging talent. That's not what this thread is about.
You clearly look for excuses to dump on Romo
Seriously, James Washington? He just happened to be in the right place at the right time; what did he do before and after that game?
Nate Newton was a pro bowl guard; but a GUARD.
And yes the position means something; only a fool claims otherwise.
Drew Pearson is definitely top 5, same with Everson Walls.
But to claim all were better than Romo is simply your bias against him

TheSport78

Reaction score
Oh, so you decide what the thread is about and how to rank? Importance vs talent? Who said that’s what the required rules were for making our own list?

kskboys

Reaction score
You clearly look for excuses to dump on Romo
Seriously, James Washington? He just happened to be in the right place at the right time; what did he do before and after that game?
Nate Newton was a pro bowl guard; but a GUARD.
And yes the position means something; only a fool claims otherwise.
Drew Pearson is definitely top 5, same with Everson Walls.
But to claim all were better than Romo is simply your bias against him
Huh? That doesn't even make sense. I think you should save your Romo agenda for those who are interested in it.

Your argument is, because of his position, Romo tops the list. OK,but, once again, that's a different discussion.

Would you frickin' quit w/ your childish accusations. I mean, it's ridiculous and your making a fool out of yourself. If you don't have any arguments to support your opinon, just say so instead of the silly agenda drivel.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh, so you decide what the thread is about and how to rank? Importance vs talent? Who said that’s what the required rules were for making our own list?
So, then your list shouldn't name any names, as you're simply listing positions of importance, not naming players.

This isn't my decision, it's common sense.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Huh? That doesn't even make sense. I think you should save your Romo agenda for those who are interested in it.

Your argument is, because of his position, Romo tops the list. OK,but, once again, that's a different discussion.

Would you frickin' quit w/ your childish accusations. I mean, it's ridiculous and your making a fool out of yourself. If you don't have any arguments to support your opinon, just say so instead of the silly agenda drivel.
I treat your comments with the respect they deserve
leave out your Romo hatred and sometimes they are quite good

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Agree? Disagree? Who got left out? Who shouldn't have been included?

1. Deion Sanders: Was the missing piece to beat the 49ers and get us our 3rd SB title in 4 year.
2. Charles Haley: Biggest differencemaker on the defence after Sanders.
3. TO
4. LaRoi Glover

.... rest idk....

i dont see Novacek as a very good TE. He was good no question. But to see him on that list surprises me

TheSport78

Reaction score
So, then your list shouldn't name any names, as you're simply listing positions of importance, not naming players.

This isn't my decision, it's common sense.
My rationale for my list was the position of importance (QB). I said it was my opinion, but that wasn’t good enough for you, because you seem to think your opinion holds more value over mine or anyone else’s. You could simply just say “cool,” and move on.

By your rationale, just name any 5 free agents in Cowboys history and there’s your list right there. Use a brain cell.