The Trade Down Will Generate Quantity over Quality

Reaction score
Disagree. We’ve had good lines compared to the rest of the league for awhile.

We’ve also been winning games in the regular season and quickly getting eliminated in the playoffs just like we did with Frederick.
Faulty logic,,, so none of the other players on the team made a difference either?

DFWJC

Reaction score
That is where we are at.

Like it or not Center is just not a premium position.

Dallas skipped FA and we got holes to fill. A center isn’t changing anything.

I like what they did.

3 picks tomorrow.
What if they were going to take Guyton at 24
in their view,they may be getting same quality but also more quantity

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Faulty logic,,, so none of the other players on the team made a difference either?
Some positions are just more important than others.

That’s the reality.

Centers just don’t go high in drafts and it’s for a reason.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
we are now in a great position, and I disagree over Quality vs Quantity. This is a deep draft and we drafted a good player that can help us. A guard/center wasn't going to fix LT. Loe Barton but JPG is still sitting there as well as Frazier. We are ok.
Not picking on you but if I had a nickel for every time I have heard this year is a deep draft I could buy the cowboys from jerry.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
And it’s true.

We were more than fine without Frederick. That’s the reality.

If this team is going to take steps forward it will come off our QBs arm.

Not the center position.
Well it's obvious a QB is the most important position but if you cant tell the diff with the O-line with Fred and without. dont know what to tell you.

And BTW that C and O-line led a Rookie "Mr Comeback route" Dak to the Play-offs in 2016.

This year Dak has an MVP type season and what happened...

No one with a brain cell would argue the importance of a QB vs a Center but I wouldn't downplay the C position either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That is where we are at.

I like what they did.

3 picks tomorrow.
I agree. But a center changed a lot. Ask Ravens….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well it's obvious a QB is the most important position but if you cant tell the diff with the O-line with Fred and without. dont know what to tell you.

And BTW that C and O-line led a Rookie "Mr Comeback route" Dak to the Play-offs in 2016.

This year Dak has an MVP type season and what happened...

No one with a brain cell would argue the importance of a QB vs a Center but I wouldn't downplay the C position either.
Center is very important. 3 of the 4 teams in the conference championship had great center play and that’s not a coincidence…you are right.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So tomorrow if they somehow end up with

2 (24) Edgerrin Cooper
3 (9) Zach Frazier
3 (24) Trey Benson

we aren’t happy?
If this happens…..you’ve significantly improved your team and I didn’t think it was possible in this draft.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That is where we are at.

I like what they did.

3 picks tomorrow.
You can say that. But look at who made the conference championships….3 out of the 4 had great center play. You can’t look past that…..

zekecowboy

Reaction score
He’s a beast if healthy but I’m not a huge fan of taking a RB off a torn ACL.

I’d go Benson or Lloyd.
Dallas talked to Zeke Elliot. The Dallas plan is to bring Zeke back until Brooks recovers from ACL. 2024 is basically a lost season and Dallas is drafting for playing in 2025. Will McCarthy and Dak be in 2025 plans?? Not sure.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
LT is one of three most important positions on the team after quarterback. Guyton has tools that Barton does not have.

Beaker42

Reaction score
It already has, Barton and JPJ were in their lap and they gave them up for another 'raw' talent guy. Sometimes they work out, sometimes not. I would have liked to see them trade back again if they could have gotten a spot in the early second round because there were quite a few guys that could have been taken would have been similar to Guyton IMHO
We got another high 3rd rounder …….. relax.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That is where we are at.

I like what they did.

3 picks tomorrow.
I don't see it that way. We did not have a normal 1-7 pick draft. We had 1-3, no 4th, a comp 5th(which is a 6th), a comp pick in the 6th(which is a 7th), and 2 7ths.

We were desperate to add picks, especially after FA. Don't be surprised when we trade up with next years picks.