The Trade Down Will Generate Quantity over Quality

Chasing6

Reaction score
The Cowboys should with all the comp picks they are getting. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to use their regular 5th or 6th to move up.
It will take more than that. Next years picks are considered a round behind if not more.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
we are now in a great position, and I disagree over Quality vs Quantity. This is a deep draft and we drafted a good player that can help us. A guard/center wasn't going to fix LT. Loe Barton but JPG is still sitting there as well as Frazier. We are ok.
“ok” is good, right?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
That is where we are at.

Like it or not Center is just not a premium position.

Dallas skipped FA and we got holes to fill. A center isn’t changing anything.

I like what they did.

3 picks tomorrow.
I like the trade down too, 1 more chance to get an earlier contributor. However, I don't think the trade down equated to lesser quality and the players 5 picks lower are all in a similar talent pool.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Some positions are just more important than others.

That’s the reality.

Centers just don’t go high in drafts and it’s for a reason.
The reason is good ones are hard to find. If you think the center position is not important say it here to everyone.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
3 picks tomorrow to take a center.

Good night for for the Cowboys.
Reminds me of our draft 20 years ago when we took 3 CBs to find one starter. Dwayne Goodrich and alumni. Panned out great for us....

At least Centers are not known for shooting others. But who knows when they come to Dallas and smell the money.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah the thing that played out. That’s what I’m talking about.

We didn’t need a center with a premium pick.

We need players.

We got a tackle and a extra pick.

Had we got Barton at 29 that would’ve been great but another player and Guyton is going to help dig us out of this debacle these contracts have created.

Frederick was still one of the best Cs in the league. It was a good pick imo.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
we are now in a great position, and I disagree over Quality vs Quantity. This is a deep draft and we drafted a good player that can help us. A guard/center wasn't going to fix LT. Loe Barton but JPG is still sitting there as well as Frazier. We are ok.

Not to mention that they got who they wanted and an extra pick to go with it. It was a good move.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
That is where we are at.

I like what they did.

3 picks tomorrow.
Im not sure the post matches the title. Sounds like you think that the move down means we will get lesser players. It doesnt have to mean that at all. I just want us to avoid our second round trap of always taking an injured guy who would have been drafted higher. Guyton is a quality pick at a need position. We now have an extra pick inside the top 75. Definite win and there are centers that will be available. If team likes Hoffman as much as people are saying we might not even grab one...get a LB or DT.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The reason is good ones are hard to find. If you think the center position is not important say it here to everyone.
I think Center is an easy position to play after the snap.

Most of the centers job is done before the snap.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Frederick and Biadaisz didn’t make a difference big picture.

Centers are most line calls and double teaming someone. Well be ok.

Dallas made the right move.
I’m fine with the trade….but saying Frederick didn’t make a difference is just wrong.

visionary

Reaction score
That is where we are at.

I like what they did.

3 picks tomorrow.
LOL that you actually believe that C is not important