The Trade Down Will Generate Quantity over Quality

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is where we are at.

Like it or not Center is just not a premium position.

Dallas skipped FA and we got holes to fill. A center isn’t changing anything.

I like what they did.

3 picks tomorrow.
I think we got lucky. It was a need pick. A lot of mocks had Guyton going to us at 24. If somebody had jumped us to take him, there is a drop off in quality after him. Picking up the extra 3rd pick was pretty slick. Now we just have to convert it into starter.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah the thing that played out. That’s what I’m talking about.

We didn’t need a center with a premium pick.

We need players.

We got a tackle and a extra pick.

Had we got Barton at 29 that would’ve been great but another player and Guyton is going to help dig us out of this debacle these contracts have created.
If there’s one thing we really like around here, it’s a good debacle.

Verdict

Reaction score
I’m cool with the trade down, but what we’re not gonna do is act like the Center position isn’t an important position.

I know you’re old enough to remember Phil Costa.
He had some really nice short arms but no one ever mentioned if he had a quick wit or great personality. That may have been a factor in why we kept him around.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
The reason is good ones are hard to find. If you think the center position is not important say it here to everyone.

He’s not saying centers are not important. Every position is important in a team game, obviously.

He’s saying that if you have to choose between the stud tackle and stud center, the stud tackle makes more sense in today’s NFL.

Plus we got a 3rd with the trade down, and considering this team needs a big infusion of talent, that is a huge deal.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
look at you guys pretending the draft is going to make this crap show better.

Jerry and I love you guys.

gtb1943

Reaction score
That is where we are at.

Like it or not Center is just not a premium position.

Dallas skipped FA and we got holes to fill. A center isn’t changing anything.

I like what they did.

3 picks tomorrow.
coming from someone that thinks the O line should be populated by UDFA's....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
coming from someone that thinks the O line should be populated by UDFA's....
I don’t think that at all.

Luckily Dallas agreed with me.

Even when they took Frederick they traded way back.

If you want to learn football keep reading my posts for more.

dlobell

Reaction score
Frederick and Biadaisz didn’t make a difference big picture.

Centers are most line calls and double teaming someone. Well be ok.

Dallas made the right move.
You’re saying Frederick didn’t make a difference? Are you actually a fan of the Cowboys?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You’re saying Frederick didn’t make a difference? Are you actually a fan of the Cowboys?
Frederick was a really good player. No denying that.

Some players no matter how good they are just don’t have impacts on the outcomes of games because of the position they play.

Center is not a premium position. Is what it is.

conner01

Reaction score
Not sure i agree with center not being a premium position. It makes a huge difference if your center is getting pushed into the qb constantly
Center is an under valued position. But I think we may have got a center but we will see

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Frederick was a really good player. No denying that.

Some players no matter how good they are just don’t have impacts on the outcomes of games because of the position they play.

Center is not a premium position. Is what it is.
Center should be a premium position. It's the main reason we have struggled to run between the Tackles ever since Frederick unexpectedly retired several years ago.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No I did. It’s still not a premium position.
Center is the only other player on the offense besides the QB to handle the football on every play. The center is responsible for making reads on the defense and calling blocking schemes. A center's vision, football IQ and speed are vital if the offense is to move quickly and get past the defense.

It is one of the 5 most important positions in football.

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/ame...ositions-in-the-nfl/89l2v1y1uzp71fyo0szw0osvm

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Center is the only other player on the offense besides the QB to handle the football on every play. The center is responsible for making reads on the defense and calling blocking schemes. A center's vision, football IQ and speed are vital if the offense is to move quickly and get past the defense.

It is one of the 5 most important positions in football.

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/ame...ositions-in-the-nfl/89l2v1y1uzp71fyo0szw0osvm
It’s not a premium position.