The truth the Jones boys won't admit

Reaction score
They should have blown it up but they want to keep fan interest going which is more important to Jerry than anything else. They had Dak on a final deal, CeeDee on a final deal and Parsons with one more year. They could have trotted this **** out there and then let everyone walk but they didn't because they need to sell tickets and idiots will go to the game. Hell, I am going to the Thursday night game in 3 days but I will never, ever, ever give Jerry money for merchandise or anything of the like.

They should have traded Dak, CeeDee and Parsons and got a haul and truly rebuilt but Jerry can not do that.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They should have blown it up but they want to keep fan interest going which is more important to Jerry than anything else. They had Dak on a final deal, CeeDee on a final deal and Parsons with one more year. They could have trotted this **** out there and then let everyone walk but they didn't because they need to sell tickets and idiots will go to the game. Hell, I am going to the Thursday night game in 3 days but I will never, ever, ever give Jerry money for merchandise or anything of the like.

They should have traded Dak, CeeDee and Parsons and got a haul and truly rebuilt but Jerry can not do that.
There was a time when football trips were 90% of the enjoyment in my life.

The schedule release was like being a kid on Xmas morning.

Now I have little desire to attend games, even when they play in my backyard (NJ). I just don’t want to be associated with the buffoonery that runs this team. It’s embarrassing.

fansince68

Reaction score
The truth is, we had 2 stars that recently received the "bag" underperform. It's a shame, "highest paid" doesn't equate to higher performance. Couple this with questionable coaching and stubbornness to address chronic problems at certain key positions spells big problems for this team.
"Garbage Time King" " Two Yards Tank" , "Turnstiles Tackle", "Fashion Fumbler". And then theres Jerry. No nickname needed. The circus continues versus the Giants. I predict we will win and then return to reading our press clippings and again fall flat on our faces.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Jebbus ........ another Jerry has a plan thread.

Year 30 is when this long term plan will really start happening.
There is no plan. They are stuck between two worlds and right now can’t commit to either. They have to te hold but they won’t rebuild correctly by tearing it down.

But the FO knows they aren’t contenders

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
There was a time when football trips were 90% of the enjoyment in my life.

The schedule release was like being a kid on Xmas morning.

Now I have little desire to attend games, even when they play in my backyard (NJ). I just don’t want to be associated with the buffoonery that runs this team. It’s embarrassing.
It’s also too costly and too much of a hassle to attend games. I find much more enjoyable either at a sports bar or at home.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every team is “rebuilding”, the salary cap demands it. Some are just really good at it and some are clueless/worthless.

kskboys

Reaction score
This so the only solution becaue if they pay Parsons(whose worth it) but can’t supppement the other positions with some value then we’re beyond peaked. Parson is showing right now b that as great as he is, he’s not enough by himself. You can’t eat steak with Cheetos as a side.
Au contraire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
there are MANY TRUTHS they will never admit. Too many to mention. Zimmer is in WAY over his head. We lack the right players on defense. Too many players are making business decisions. Micah Parsons has been a no show all year and they now have a Micah problem on their hands. He appears disinterested, unfocused, and lost his want to. The guy isn't coachable. He thinks he's arrived. The team is a bunch of vastly overrated players that simply ARE NOT NEAR TALENTED ENOUGH OR COACHABLE. WE ARE ALSO SOFT. Lastly, Jerry is straight LYIN thru his teeth week after week after we witness beat down worse than the last seemingly, AS IF what we saw never happened! This is crazy town!!
Contradictory statements. Unless you mean he doesn't have the talent to work w/.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sadly, this isn’t rebuilding. This is just how it is.
I believe this is closer to the truth. There was a brief period where Garrett had built up a solid OL and running game but outside of that the Jones regular MO is to pump all their money and resources into a handful of star players for an aerial show and skimp on the rest. This defense hasn't been special in decades and the OL typically has, at a minimum, two weak links. Parcells used to say you build your team from the inside (OL/DL) out. Jerry and co build fantasy teams from the outside in (and they never finish on the "in").

visionary

Reaction score
Please God, make it stop!!

This team is not rebuilding anything

The moron GM and Dir of Player Personnel are totally and absolutely incompetent and have absolutely no idea what to do except sign a few stars and sell the team to stupid fans

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm hoping Belichick does better with this team next year. Get rid of the deadwood and bring in real talent.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Please God, make it stop!!

This team is not rebuilding anything

The moron GM and Dir of Player Personnel are totally and absolutely incompetent and have absolutely no idea what to do except sign a few stars and sell the team to stupid fans
Rebuild is the default position of what you have when you don’t go out to improve your team and you have a bunch of guys leave.

Yes they are rebuilding. Because they have no choice.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
This team is rebuilding and because of their need to keep their season tickets at a 95+% renewal rate they will never truly tear it all down or be like the Eagles and go for broke at every opportunity because it can lead to some 4-13 years down the road when it catches up with you.

The coaches are actually fine. Theres just not enough talent on this team. Kneeland is a rookie from Western Michigan and while I’ve spent time at Western, and appreciate the program it is a big jump from the MAC to the NFL. Thinking he would be a great run defender day 1 was nuts.

The DTs they keep trying to find bodies in the clearance aisle but they aren’t any good. Mazi just has the Michigan curse that seems to apply to everyone but Hutchinson.

The OL supposedly is giving enough holes. Analytics said this team should be averaging 5.3 YPC. But they had to get Liufau instead of an actual RB in the 4th, so there’s no one capable of taking advantage of the holes.

There’s no one on offense that scares defenses besides Lamb.

Diggs is not himself yet coming back from an ACL. It takes time. Behind him is Lewis and 5th round rookie Carson.

Firing McCarthy or Zimmer won’t help. When you don’t have the players there’s nothing you can do. 9ers are facing that problem now without Kittle, McCaffery or Deebo.

It’s going to be this way next year too because they lose 30 players whose contracts are up. They have I believe about 30 million to divvy up among those 30 players (currently just 39 players signed for next season).

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys

Not going to be able to get too rich. Probably best to trade Parsons to get some draft capital/relief for the future. He sure isn’t much help right now when teams can run right over them and negate his pass rush.

Agree Hutchinson has that Watts motor but the rest of Michigan players are JAGS except him. So the Lions strikes again in the draft.

Blue64

Reaction score
This so the only solution becaue if they pay Parsons(whose worth it) but can’t supppement the other positions with some value then we’re beyond peaked. Parson is showing right now b that as great as he is, he’s not enough by himself. You can’t eat steak with Cheetos as a side.
Excuse me but Parsons is a sham and that’s all he is. Maybe you should look at his stats during the last 6 games of the season or playoffs as he always seems to fade.

Compare him to TJ Watt…

Parsons calls himself a lion, but he’s nothing but a tabby

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I'm hoping Belichick does better with this team next year. Get rid of the deadwood and bring in real talent.
Belichick would be the worst move this team could make. Unless they trade Parsons there’s no way to stock the talent on the roster and if you trade him your first pick has to be to replace him.

fansince68

Reaction score
Belichick is the equivalent of Zeke. Retread with high expectations in a league that has evolved. NO to Belichick! We picked McCarthy because it appeared that he "owned" us in the playoffs. When actually it was Aaron Rodgers. Belichick won many super bowls or was it Brady? This FO can't run a hotdog stand. The highest paid player in the league has 1 playoff win? Every player will eventually regress until retirement. Why did Jerry think his QB has upside at this point? I hope there are voidable options in the contract. Either way Dak will be mediocre and overpaid playing for your team or another team reaping the benefits of guaranteed money for this stupid albatross of a contract.