The truth the Jones boys won't admit

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This team is rebuilding and because of their need to keep their season tickets at a 95+% renewal rate they will never truly tear it all down or be like the Eagles and go for broke at every opportunity because it can lead to some 4-13 years down the road when it catches up with you.
Consistently on the edge of relevance, with a few stars, has been the Jerry way for 20 years now.
The last ten of those have been as the most valuable sports franchise in the world.
It's working just fine for Jerry.

JustChip

Reaction score
do rebuilding team usually reset the market on qb contracts?
That was the stupidest decision in a long list of stupid contract decisions. And I include the contract they offered RG, even though it ultimately didn’t come to fruition. It only didn’t because RG saved them from themselves.

I’m not a Dak “hater”, nor”lover” for that matter. But they’ve tied themselves to Dak for 4 more years without any flexibility. Dak’s days will end here only when their hand is forced such as with Romo. As with Romo, their succession plan will be pure luck which may not shine on them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This team is rebuilding and because of their need to keep their season tickets at a 95+% renewal rate they will never truly tear it all down or be like the Eagles and go for broke at every opportunity because it can lead to some 4-13 years down the road when it catches up with you.

The coaches are actually fine. Theres just not enough talent on this team. Kneeland is a rookie from Western Michigan and while I’ve spent time at Western, and appreciate the program it is a big jump from the MAC to the NFL. Thinking he would be a great run defender day 1 was nuts.

The DTs they keep trying to find bodies in the clearance aisle but they aren’t any good. Mazi just has the Michigan curse that seems to apply to everyone but Hutchinson.

The OL supposedly is giving enough holes. Analytics said this team should be averaging 5.3 YPC. But they had to get Liufau instead of an actual RB in the 4th, so there’s no one capable of taking advantage of the holes.

There’s no one on offense that scares defenses besides Lamb.

Diggs is not himself yet coming back from an ACL. It takes time. Behind him is Lewis and 5th round rookie Carson.

Firing McCarthy or Zimmer won’t help. When you don’t have the players there’s nothing you can do. 9ers are facing that problem now without Kittle, McCaffery or Deebo.

It’s going to be this way next year too because they lose 30 players whose contracts are up. They have I believe about 30 million to divvy up among those 30 players (currently just 39 players signed for next season).

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys

Not going to be able to get too rich. Probably best to trade Parsons to get some draft capital/relief for the future. He sure isn’t much help right now when teams can run right over them and negate his pass rush.
Not drafting a RB in 4th round is probably biggest mistake Cowboys made this offseason.

Bagman

Reaction score
What it comes down to is you can't fill 15 holes with 10 players. There are always FA departures or injuries that need to be replaced. They only use the draft and refuse to spend big bucks in FA. Then factor in that not every draft pick is a home run. The net result is a less talented team. Big surprise. This is all happening while the rest of the league is improving by drafting AND spending cash.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The coaches are actually fine. Theres just not enough talent on this team. Kneeland is a rookie from Western Michigan and while I’ve spent time at Western, and appreciate the program it is a big jump from the MAC to the NFL. Thinking he would be a great run defender day 1 was nuts.

The DTs they keep trying to find bodies in the clearance aisle but they aren’t any good. Mazi just has the Michigan curse that seems to apply to everyone but Hutchinson.

The OL supposedly is giving enough holes. Analytics said this team should be averaging 5.3 YPC. But they had to get Liufau instead of an actual RB in the 4th, so there’s no one capable of taking advantage of the holes.

Diggs is not himself yet coming back from an ACL. It takes time. Behind him is Lewis and 5th round rookie Carson.

Firing McCarthy or Zimmer won’t help. When you don’t have the players there’s nothing you can do. 9ers are facing that problem now without Kittle, McCaffery or Deebo.

It’s going to be this way next year too because they lose 30 players whose contracts are up. They have I believe about 30 million to divvy up among those 30 players (currently just 39 players signed for next season).

Not going to be able to get too rich. Probably best to trade Parsons to get some draft capital/relief for the future. He sure isn’t much help right now when teams can run right over them and negate his pass rush.
It shocks me how many fans are giving up already. I WANT IT NOW!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Belichick would be the worst move this team could make. Unless they trade Parsons there’s no way to stock the talent on the roster and if you trade him your first pick has to be to replace him.
Like you're a Super Bowl team builder. Bill has the know-how that hasn't influenced this team since Jimmy Johnson walked out.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
What's so funny in here :lmao: Fans think Dumb and Dumber actually want to win. So are they dumb or is it the fans??? I say it's the fans ....Hands down....Dumb and Dumber is pulling up money trucks doing nothing.....while putting nothing on the field. One thing I can say about Laker fans. They don't hate too much on the players. But they will shut the stadium down with protest and media. Dallas Cowboy fans just complain-bend over- and check out.....all along the way bowing to Jerry...

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Belichick is the equivalent of Zeke. Retread with high expectations in a league that has evolved. NO to Belichick! We picked McCarthy because it appeared that he "owned" us in the playoffs. When actually it was Aaron Rodgers. Belichick won many super bowls or was it Brady? This FO can't run a hotdog stand. The highest paid player in the league has 1 playoff win? Every player will eventually regress until retirement. Why did Jerry think his QB has upside at this point? I hope there are voidable options in the contract. Either way Dak will be mediocre and overpaid playing for your team or another team reaping the benefits of guaranteed money for this stupid albatross of a contract.
Belichick is like Zeke? Yeah, if Zeke had 6 SB rings in his vault. :muttley:

bsbellomy

Reaction score

Screw that, 4-13 years are way better than 9-8 or 10-7 years where you get bounced easily.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Like you're a Super Bowl team builder. Bill has the know-how that hasn't influenced this team since Jimmy Johnson walked out.
How have the Patriots been since Brady retired? He may still be a great coach. But he definitely can’t pick players like he did in NE. McClay runs circles around him there

JBS

Reaction score
The coaches are fine? This is the most asinine thing I’ve read on this board all week. The coaches are absolutely trash and they’re the biggest weakness on this team.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How have the Patriots been since Brady retired? He may still be a great coach. But he definitely can’t pick players like he did in NE. McClay runs circles around him there
You're nitpicking over a tiny sample size, just 4 seasons. That's Belichick's coaching time after Brady left NE. It's not enough time to say what you wish it said. But you go right ahead and keep grasping at straws. :muttley:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

After the debacle that was the Packers loss earlier this year, Jerry proclaimed that he was " ALL IN ".
He then proceeded to do mostly nothing in free agency, while we had a ton of free agents leave.
He then drug his feet most of the off season before signing CD to a fair market value contract.

The cherry on top of this crapfest of an off season was to give a good regular season QB the largest average salary contract in NFL history.

I have said this until I am blue in the face, this team is never having meaningful success until Jerry and and son are no longer in their current front office positions.

The NFL is a very competitive league. We are at a severe competitive disadvantage having two amateurs at the two most important front office positions.

No other NFL team has the lack of accountability in the front office that the Cowboys have.
This dysfunctional set up filters down to the coaches and players.
This is why the team has no heart and folds like a cheap suit the moment they get punched in the mouth.

I am at my limit after 49 years of giving this team my undying loyalty.

So I am stepping back and limiting my involvement with this team.

I am no longer having my Sundays revolve around this teams schedule.

If they are on local TV fine, I will watch. No more trips to the sports bars.

No more rearranging my families plans to accommodate watching games.

Until Jerry gets serious enough about winning to make meaningful changes thats gonna be my strategy.

I am beyond fed up with this poorly run excuse of a football team where the mantra seems to be just staying relevant.