The truth the Jones boys won't admit

ArtClink

Reaction score
They should have blown it up but they want to keep fan interest going which is more important to Jerry than anything else. They had Dak on a final deal, CeeDee on a final deal and Parsons with one more year. They could have trotted this **** out there and then let everyone walk but they didn't because they need to sell tickets and idiots will go to the game. Hell, I am going to the Thursday night game in 3 days but I will never, ever, ever give Jerry money for merchandise or anything of the like.

They should have traded Dak, CeeDee and Parsons and got a haul and truly rebuilt but Jerry can not do that.
That likely would have been better but Jerry has had zero success over the past 28 seasons with an array of different head coaches, QBs, etc so I have zero faith that he could build a real winner since he hasnt had any real post season success since Clinton was in office and then it was all Jimmy Johnson who built that dynasty, not Jerry.

fansince68

Reaction score
All SB rings are just a memory. How about giving your irrelevant ageism a rest.
Maybe you should smoke or drink more. Not sure why you have a hard on to attempt to correct someone else's opinion. Maybe more fiber in your diet?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Look, the Cowboys are #1 on Forbes list, that's Jerry's Super Bowl. The Joneses don't really give a crap about much else, heck, they not even trying in football especially if it gets in the way of vacation.

Shane612

Reaction score
It shocks me how many fans are giving up already. I WANT IT NOW!!
“I WANT IT NOW!!”???
You know how long it been since cowboys last Super Bowl appearance?
You know how long it’s been since cowboys last NFC championship appearance?
Jerry’s cowboys are like your wife/girlfriend who has a headache every night.

:laugh:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe you should smoke or drink more. Not sure why you have a hard on to attempt to correct someone else's opinion. Maybe more fiber in your diet?
I don't drink or smoke. Thanks for revealing you are a heathen with your advice. Your delusion with time says it all. Your fondness for recency is faulty logic.

fansince68

Reaction score
I don't drink or smoke. Thanks for revealing you are a heathen with your advice. Your delusion with time says it all. Your fondness for recency is faulty logic.
Blind too? My "age" is a clue within my name. Its not a delusion. Was given "permission " decades ago to have an opinion.I guess your name appropriately makes you an average "clown". Maybe Google "delusion" while sucking on your vape pen then return with a more enlightened response. You are fun to barter with.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Blind too? My "age" is a clue within my name. Its not a delusion. Was given "permission " decades ago to have an opinion.I guess your name appropriately makes you an average "clown". Maybe Google "delusion" while sucking on your vape pen then return with a more enlightened response. You are fun to barter with.
You're a youngster in my book. But I'm not talking about your age, I'm talking about the value you place on championships based on when they occurred. Five SB championships are relevant no matter when they happened.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team is rebuilding and because of their need to keep their season tickets at a 95+% renewal rate they will never truly tear it all down or be like the Eagles and go for broke at every opportunity because it can lead to some 4-13 years down the road when it catches up with you.

The coaches are actually fine. Theres just not enough talent on this team. Kneeland is a rookie from Western Michigan and while I’ve spent time at Western, and appreciate the program it is a big jump from the MAC to the NFL. Thinking he would be a great run defender day 1 was nuts.

The DTs they keep trying to find bodies in the clearance aisle but they aren’t any good. Mazi just has the Michigan curse that seems to apply to everyone but Hutchinson.

The OL supposedly is giving enough holes. Analytics said this team should be averaging 5.3 YPC. But they had to get Liufau instead of an actual RB in the 4th, so there’s no one capable of taking advantage of the holes.

There’s no one on offense that scares defenses besides Lamb.

Diggs is not himself yet coming back from an ACL. It takes time. Behind him is Lewis and 5th round rookie Carson.

Firing McCarthy or Zimmer won’t help. When you don’t have the players there’s nothing you can do. 9ers are facing that problem now without Kittle, McCaffery or Deebo.

It’s going to be this way next year too because they lose 30 players whose contracts are up. They have I believe about 30 million to divvy up among those 30 players (currently just 39 players signed for next season).

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys

Not going to be able to get too rich. Probably best to trade Parsons to get some draft capital/relief for the future. He sure isn’t much help right now when teams can run right over them and negate his pass rush.
they aren't 'rebuilding'. they wouldn't have paid the QB and WR if they were.

khiladi

Reaction score
Screw that, 4-13 years are way better than 9-8 or 10-7 years where you get bounced easily.
There is an argument to that, as you know they aren’t going anywhere, so you don’t waste time in false hopes.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They aren't sold on McCarthy, which is why he is coaching on the last year of his contract. But paying Dak and CD and soon Micah is the tell. They think there is enough talent to be relevant at the end of the season, keep fans and media interested and receipts positive. They aren't going to intentionally ruin that with losing seasons in a rebuild. The problem is they have totally overestimated the talent they have and might get the losing season they dread anyway. Doesn't matter--McCarthy will be the fall guy for that.
Micah gonna get paid.

His 2025 cap hit is huge already. So expect a big signing bonus, which they can spread over the rest of the contract.

Dak is likely on his last season with us in 2025. Only 2024-25 are fully GTD.

I think you are right about Big Mike. He will be lucky to make it through the season.

They have Zimmer. So he can always take over.

The offense needs a revamp. The play calling is terrible.