The Video Game Thread

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously Walmart's servers can't handle the traffic. I tried once again to order the PS5. I got it in my cart and tried to checkout but there was error after error on their webpage. Finally I got the notice it was sold out and it was put on my saved list.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No chance against the scalpers and their bots.
Yeah, I know. I tried for the 4th and final time a couple of hours ago on Walmart. I had it in my basket and went to checkout and I kept getting error after error. I still have it in my basket, but it now says it's out of stock. Oh well, I will wait until after the holiday season as I planned to all along. It became a quest for me to get one just "because". I have never tried to get a console on launch day until today and I truthfully never understood the scramble to get a console on launch day. I suppose I got hypnotized on the specs a little more than I should have.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. I tried for the 4th and final time a couple of hours ago on Walmart. I had it in my basket and went to checkout and I kept getting error after error. I still have it in my basket, but it now says it's out of stock. Oh well, I will wait until after the holiday season as I planned to all along. It became a quest for me to get one just "because". I have never tried to get a console on launch day until today and I truthfully never understood the scramble to get a console on launch day. I suppose I got hypnotized on the specs a little more than I should have.
I tried again at 6:00 EST and same result. Was going to do 9 and said, "you're being played here". The frustration isn't worth it tbh. I did like having that kid energy for a little bit getting psyched up, but felt more like Xmas morning when your parents are laid off by the end of the day, etc.

I even got an alert from Amazon about 6:15 that they were in stock, went to the site, actually added to my cart, and upon check out, long delay, nada. So it will get here when it gets here (in general)

Last edited:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tried again at 6:00 EST and same result. Was going to do 9 and said, "you're being played here". The frustration isn't worth it tbh. I did like having that kid energy for a little bit getting psyched up, but felt more like Xmas morning when your parents are laid off by the end of the day, etc.

I even got an alert from Amazon about 6:15 that they were in stock, went to the site, actually added to my cart, and upon check out, long delay, nada. So it will get here when it gets here (in general)
I wasn't going to do it at 8 PM (CST), but I was at my desk at home and I figured I would give it one last try. You're right about getting psyched up, I felt a sense of energy during the few minutes of trying to get one, but each time ending in frustration. That's screwed up from Amazon.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I checked out eBay again and some have an asking price of $2k! For that kind of money you can get a pretty decent gaming computer that I'm sure is more powerful than the PS5. I saw a few sellers that had sold multiple PS5s so those sellers know how to rig the system. I was hoping for one and they have dozens. Guys like me had a very (if non-existent) chance of getting one. X-box had inflated prices as well, but their prices wasn't as inflated as the PS5's prices.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I checked out eBay again and some have an asking price of $2k! For that kind of money you can get a pretty decent gaming computer that I'm sure is more powerful than the PS5. I saw a few sellers that had sold multiple PS5s so those sellers know how to rig the system. I was hoping for one and they have dozens. Guys like me had a very (if non-existent) chance of getting one. X-box had inflated prices as well, but their prices wasn't as inflated as the PS5's prices.

Swing and a miss for me on PS5 as well. Ain't no way I'm dropping that coin for one. I would be extremely upset if I didn't get my series x.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
r2u96kP.gif

QnYB3Kp.gif

LOL! The internet finally debunked these videos. People were blowing their vape smoke through them. :laugh::facepalm:

Ok gearheads get in here and talk to me about HDMI 2.0 vs HDMI 2.1, bought a Samsung 4K 65 inch a couple years ago that only supports 2.0
Is the difference noticeable?
The new consoles support both, right?
From what i understand 2.1 supports higher resolutions, 8K a better HDR.
Am i missing anything?
And i presume most console gamers are playing at regular HD or 4K?

Yeah you want, or would like to have, the HDMI 2.1 port. The catch to that is there aren't a TON of televisions out right now that offer that capability. Or, from what I have read, they do have the physical port(s) but they haven't released the update patch for it to work. With the 2.1 you get optimal signal for the 4K/120 fps we all strive for. As somebody above in the thread stated, as the release newer televisions this tech will become more and more common.

I'm pretty bummed. While I knew I had no HDMI 2.1, I swore my TV was 120hz. It says it is, but apparently not through the HDMI. I can't get my Xbox to see it. In fact, it won't even see 1440P/120fps. So, new console, but stuck on 4K/60fps. lol Oh well, I can tell you things still look super crisp and run buttery smooth. No complaints and I'm still future-proofed.

Here is a good video I watched awhile back and will share.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For those of you trying to buy yesterday you were defeated by computer programs that are faster than you.

I preordered mine back in September and I may not get it until Sunday or Monday. My games also won’t be here till Monday. Everything should have arrived yesterday and they had plenty of time to prepare.

It sounds like Amazon got it right and people I know who live in the same town as me got theirs.

NEVER pre order anything from Walmart.. They’re a joke.

The fact that they shipped it late and they didn’t send it quicker really upsets me even more. I can understand a delay but make it right and get it here ASAP.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
For those of you trying to buy yesterday you were defeated by computer programs that are faster than you.

I preordered mine back in September and I may not get it until Sunday or Monday. My games also won’t be here till Monday. Everything should have arrived yesterday and they had plenty of time to prepare.

It sounds like Amazon got it right and people I know who live in the same town as me got theirs.

NEVER pre order anything from Walmart.. They’re a joke.

The fact that they shipped it late and they didn’t send it quicker really upsets me even more. I can understand a delay but make it right and get it here ASAP.

Amazon is definitely not off the hook. I'm in a console group on FB and Amazon royally screwed the pooch with a lot of people. A substantial amount of people have reported that Amazon took the preorder and then just like a week before release day they either A) sent "your order is canceled" e-mails or B) your order went through, buuuuuuuut, sorry to let you know you may not see your console until December. lol

I'm glad I went straight through Microsoft. It was a rat race but they came through. Had my console on my doorstep evening of release date.

Juggernaut

Reaction score

I've been hearing of a few success stories from using PlayStation Direct, free shipping for PS+ members, when they're in stock as long as you willing to wait in a queue: https://direct.playstation.com/

Other than that and other online stores when they're in stock, videogamedeals has been updating followers on online store restocks, you could call your local retailers to see if they have any in stock.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I've been hearing of a few success stories from using PlayStation Direct, free shipping for PS+ members, when they're in stock as long as you willing to wait in a queue: https://direct.playstation.com/

Other than that and other online stores when they're in stock, videogamedeals has been updating followers on online store restocks, you could call your local retailers to see if they have any in stock.
Thanks brotha! I signed up with them around Sept after missing the first window and heard they were going to be selling some today 14th so keeping fingers crossed. Thanks for that twitter page too, bookmarked it for future gaming purchases. I've given up on Walmart tbh Really more hoping on this PS or Amazon who's being a little coy about it but word is they got some too.

I don't get Gamestop having "some" for physical purchase on black Friday...seems could lead to trouble, etc.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Thanks brotha! I signed up with them around Sept after missing the first window and heard they were going to be selling some today 14th so keeping fingers crossed. Thanks for that twitter page too, bookmarked it for future gaming purchases. I've given up on Walmart tbh Really more hoping on this PS or Amazon who's being a little coy about it but word is they got some too.

I don't get Gamestop having "some" for physical purchase on black Friday...seems could lead to trouble, etc.

Good luck man.. It’s a battle for these things.. Should be interesting to see what they sell for around Christmas on eBay if PlayStation doesn’t flood the market.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
LOL! The internet finally debunked these videos. People were blowing their vape smoke through them. :laugh::facepalm:

Yeah you want, or would like to have, the HDMI 2.1 port. The catch to that is there aren't a TON of televisions out right now that offer that capability. Or, from what I have read, they do have the physical port(s) but they haven't released the update patch for it to work. With the 2.1 you get optimal signal for the 4K/120 fps we all strive for. As somebody above in the thread stated, as the release newer televisions this tech will become more and more common.

I'm pretty bummed. While I knew I had no HDMI 2.1, I swore my TV was 120hz. It says it is, but apparently not through the HDMI. I can't get my Xbox to see it. In fact, it won't even see 1440P/120fps. So, new console, but stuck on 4K/60fps. lol Oh well, I can tell you things still look super crisp and run buttery smooth. No complaints and I'm still future-proofed.

Here is a good video I watched awhile back and will share.

I hear you, man. It is nice to have the tech match up, but years ago I decided to get out of that rat race. For a long time, I did it and spent so much $ needing to have the latest and greatest, especially with TVs and PCs. For me personally, whatever the latest thing is almost immediately becomes the new standard that I no longer appreciate. It's like the first time I got a 4K TV. I was blown away but it only lasted a day or two. Now I only notice it if I look at a 1080P TV. I got a new TV a year ago that was a lot better than the old one and it was the same thing.

I have no doubt that the new console looks great on your current setup. Sure it will look even better with 2.1 and 120hz but you'll be able to get that for less than half the price in a few months. All of the tech industry is a brilliantly marketed deal designed to drain our bank accounts (can't really blame them because profits are what it's all about). Several years ago, I paid about 250 bucks for a 4K TV on a Black Friday deal. My brother bought the same TV for over 2K when it first came out.
All that being said, if I had more money than I knew what to do with, I would buy everything new that came out! :laugh:

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I’ve kind of already accepted that I won’t be able to get a new Xbox until after Christmas. Perhaps January or February.
I'm in the same boat. I'll wait until early next year to buy one of the new consoles. I've always been a PS guy but I admit that the new Xbox is intriguing. They still won't send us dev kits though. We're required to be backwards compatible and can't even test it out yet.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I hear you, man. It is nice to have the tech match up, but years ago I decided to get out of that rat race. For a long time, I did it and spent so much $ needing to have the latest and greatest, especially with TVs and PCs. For me personally, whatever the latest thing is almost immediately becomes the new standard that I no longer appreciate. It's like the first time I got a 4K TV. I was blown away but it only lasted a day or two. Now I only notice it if I look at a 1080P TV. I got a new TV a year ago that was a lot better than the old one and it was the same thing.

I have no doubt that the new console looks great on your current setup. Sure it will look even better with 2.1 and 120hz but you'll be able to get that for less than half the price in a few months. All of the tech industry is a brilliantly marketed deal designed to drain our bank accounts (can't really blame them because profits are what it's all about). Several years ago, I paid about 250 bucks for a 4K TV on a Black Friday deal. My brother bought the same TV for over 2K when it first came out.
All that being said, if I had more money than I knew what to do with, I would buy everything new that came out! :laugh:

I definitely cannot argue any of this and I will be the first to admit I'm a slave for technology. haha I try not to be the guy that has to have the latest and greatest of everything, but, as you can see I do fall in the trap from time to time (new Xbox waves from the background). With all of that said, it's hard to keep up anyway and crazy to witness. What's new today is old tomorrow.

The one I like to always lean on to reference this, and I have probably mentioned it here before somewhere, is 4K. I remember years ago when 4K just hit the market. I went to Best Buy and was standing in awe of the amazing picture at their assembled 4K TV display. The price of that TV I was staring at? $12K. Yes, 12 THOUSAND dollars! You know some guy just had to have it and is still paying on that today as he is now walking past $350 4K TVs in the store. haha

What's crazy to me is how fast they are pushing tech too. It was 1080P! Then it was 4K. Now it's starting to be all about that 8K. Like, woah!! Hold on!! We hardly even have that much 4K content out now! Are we just going to decide to skip right to 8K now or should we wait for 16K? lol

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I definitely cannot argue any of this and I will be the first to admit I'm a slave for technology. haha I try not to be the guy that has to have the latest and greatest of everything, but, as you can see I do fall in the trap from time to time (new Xbox waves from the background). With all of that said, it's hard to keep up anyway and crazy to witness. What's new today is old tomorrow.

The one I like to always lean on to reference this, and I have probably mentioned it here before somewhere, is 4K. I remember years ago when 4K just hit the market. I went to Best Buy and was standing in awe of the amazing picture at their assembled 4K TV display. The price of that TV I was staring at? $12K. Yes, 12 THOUSAND dollars! You know some guy just had to have it and is still paying on that today as he is now walking past $350 4K TVs in the store. haha

What's crazy to me is how fast they are pushing tech too. It was 1080P! Then it was 4K. Now it's starting to be all about that 8K. Like, woah!! Hold on!! We hardly even have that much 4K content out now! Are we just going to decide to skip right to 8K now or should we wait for 16K? lol
LOL, no doubt on that poor sap. They already have 32K (or more) tech that they are just holding back to bleed us dry with 8K, 16K, etc. The big one is going to be wireless electricity. Just imagine all the money people will spend replacing all appliances that support that. There will be $1200 refrigerators going for 12K initially when that happens.