The Video Game Thread

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Looks like Bestbuy will have some stock tomorrow after 9am est, no specific release time just anytime after 9am looks like.

If i see one available tomorrow i will buy again and keep which ever one arrives first and return or cancel the other one.

Lutonio

Reaction score
https://hardcoregamer.com/2020/12/1...ate-of-cyberpunk-2077-on-ps4-xbox-one/394247/

The gaming world can be weird sometimes. This game was was hyped up the likes of which I haven’t seen since Halo 2. People everywhere were defending it and dubbing in the new messiah before having even ever played it. You couldn’t even comment on CDPR also becoming one of the companies that subjects their crew to the crunch without getting blasted.

I personally haven’t played it. It doesn’t look like my kind of game. I didn’t like Skyrim or the Witcher much either, but I get why others enjoy them.

What do you guys think? Rushed for the holiday release?

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I hope you get one, hopefully they will be more available very soon!

I never got that far into gameplay but i read that if you do something wrong a cop will magically teleport to wherever you are. :laugh:I had higher expectations given the developers track record.

When I first got my car there was a guy standing right in front of it and I bumped him then I was alerted that I had a warrant out and BAM, cops chasing me. You just have to get away from them for a minute and the alert goes away but I thought that was a bit much.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
https://hardcoregamer.com/2020/12/1...ate-of-cyberpunk-2077-on-ps4-xbox-one/394247/

The gaming world can be weird sometimes. This game was was hyped up the likes of which I haven’t seen since Halo 2. People everywhere were defending it and dubbing in the new messiah before having even ever played it. You couldn’t even comment on CDPR also becoming one of the companies that subjects their crew to the crunch without getting blasted.

I personally haven’t played it. It doesn’t look like my kind of game. I didn’t like Skyrim or the Witcher much either, but I get why others enjoy them.

Yep, like i said above could have used another couple months of work. To list a config file in the PC version that has the same settings as the console version is just a real head scratcher. As much as i wanted to love this, i expected much better. Refunded.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

It's not my type of game but I was thinking to buy it if it still had hype a month after it releases.

I think the longterm plan is for this to be the next GTA but first there needs to be multiplayer.

Right now i'll pass on Cyberpunk until we see some multiplayer because it's not my type of game either.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I haven't had TOO many issues on Cyberpunk, but, if I'm being honest I've only played maybe 2 hours into the game. There were some dialogue issues and some screen tearing going on, but nothing that would stop me from playing. I'm playing on a One X currently. I'm game sharing with my buddy and his account is currently tied to my One X. I will change it over to my Series X sometime later (was waiting for him to find a Series X so we could do it at the same time). I was hoping the open-world would be a little more immersive and I go back-and-forth with myself if I think the graphics are that great or not.

With all that said, I have kind of "shelved" the game for now, so to speak. I was already drawn into the GTA story so I'm just going to finish that and let Cyberpunk get the kinks worked out in the background and then hop back into it later. So far, what I've seen, the game didn't blow me away (as we all hoped) but I didn't find it bad either. Had enough of a neat storyline to get me back. I have heard it get's better as you get deeper into the game, so, there's that.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I'm personally enjoying Cyberpunk but it was way overrated and hyped (by me lol), maybe all the patches will help it eventually, but I doubt it considering everything going on with the game. I was wrong, no chance it wins game of the year next year. Despite a remake, Demon's Souls was the game of the year for sure. And I think God Of War Ragnarok takes the crown next year.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I need Elden Ring or a Bloodborne remaster.

I may have to play the original Bloodborne.

I'm still playing Souls.. Now i'm in love with this type of game and I want to play all of the Fromsoftware games.
Lol...welcome to the thunderdome brother. You took the blue pill and have now entered the SoulsBourne Matrix. They are all incredibly addictive and special in their own ways. It is rare to become a master at these types of games, so I salute you good sir. Bloodbourne IMO is the GOAT. But my lord Demon's Souls is one of the absolute masterpieces of all time. Git Gud indeed!

But man seeing "You Died" over and over over across all these games gives you nightmares am I right @BigStar and everyone else lol

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best Buy site not showing console page since 9am est start time. Maybe they're trying to get rid of bots somehow or maybe it's just all jammed up.

Anyone else trying, any luck?
I tried a couple of times and only once did I make it to the PS5 page and the page still said "Coming soon". All other times the site returns with an error.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Best Buy site not showing console page since 9am est start time. Maybe they're trying to get rid of bots somehow or maybe it's just all jammed up.

Anyone else trying, any luck?
Nothing on my end yet either, YT people are trying too so we're not alone, etc. Why anounce 9am and then back off it, I appr if it helps with bots but weird nothing for almost 2 hours now.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Lol...welcome to the thunderdome brother. You took the blue pill and have now entered the SoulsBourne Matrix. They are all incredibly addictive and special in their own ways. It is rare to become a master at these types of games, so I salute you good sir. Bloodbourne IMO is the GOAT. But my lord Demon's Souls is one of the absolute masterpieces of all time. Git Gud indeed!

But man seeing "You Died" over and over over across all these games gives you nightmares am I right @BigStar and everyone else lol

Funny song lol Everything you do, then die...eat and sleep and die lol Wake up brush your teeth then die...

That stuff does take over "everything" dreams, vivid nightmares (joking) and the not eating for days lol It does make you feel all weathered and thickened..been out hunting in the tundra for months, now I'm home type vibe:laugh:

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just the regular old PS4. I am hoping to get the 5 in January.

My controller is already having some type of stick drift

Barely a month old.. They had some kind of update to the controller the other day and all of a sudden now i'm having an issue.

It turns out there is a lot of people having stick drift issues. There is also a problem with Right Triggers just breaking.

These controllers may be busted.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
My controller is already having some type of stick drift

Barely a month old.. They had some kind of update to the controller the other day and all of a sudden now i'm having an issue.

It turns out there is a lot of people having stick drift issues. There is also a problem with Right Triggers just breaking.

These controllers may be busted.
Man, that's not very long to get drift. I'm pretty hard on the joysticks so I eventually will get that anyway but not that fast.