The Video Game Thread

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Looks interesting. Looks gorgeous too. Graphics just continue to floor me with each passing year.

I am such a sucker for Ninja/Shinobi/Feudal Japan style stuff! Plus throw in some Giant Demons/posessed headless Samurai/Buddhist monk monsters and I'm freaking sold!

Anybody remember Onimusha and 2 for The PS2 I believe? I played the holy hell out of those. So epic. Ninja Gaiden Black anyone? One of the hardest games of all time! I just love this stuff! I'm even old school Shinobi arcade!

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I am such a sucker for Ninja/Shinobi/Feudal Japan style stuff! Plus throw in some Giant Demons/posessed headless Samurai/Buddhist monk monsters and I'm freaking sold!

Anybody remember Onimusha and 2 for The PS2 I believe? I played the holy hell out of those. So epic. Ninja Gaiden Black anyone? One of the hardest games of all time! I just love this stuff! I'm even old school Shinobi arcade!
Loved the Ninja Gaiden series before part 3 but Black was notorious for diff. (game gave me hand cramps bad); worse than Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Whatya guys think about this google Stadia streaming service?. Supposed to be able to play games in your Chrome browser and all tablets, phones, in 4K etc. similar to PS Now where you stream games being a member to a service. See a game on youtube and can click a play now option to upload that game. It would probably depend on your internet speed/$ and if you have to deal w caps. Ps Now lagged too much and I have 5G so not sure about it yet.

Last edited:

Lutonio

Reaction score
Whatya guys think about this google Stadia streaming service?. Supposed to be able to play games in your Chrome browser and all tablets, phones, in 4K etc. similar to PS Now where you stream games being a member to a service. See a game on youtube and can click a play now option to upload that game. It would probably depend on your internet speed/$ and if you have to deal w caps. Ps Now lagged too much and I have 5G so not sure about it yet.

The idea is interesting, but I just don't think this kind of stuff ever works. Game streaming services have ways been pretty bad.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The idea is interesting, but I just don't think this kind of stuff ever works. Game streaming services have ways been pretty bad.
I hear you esp with the lagging/buffering aspect. Tbh the coolest option I liked was watching a game on YT and then clicking a play now option to have it open in your browser. You're right tho up to this point they have all suffered (streaming services).

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yeah I think the game of the year came out today guys.

Looks tight, may be right on game of the year but From Software's difficulty may make it less likely unf. It does look like they put a good element of story into this compared to souls/bloodb so that angle should help. Might stop off at game stop on way home even with my backlog.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

It's an interesting concept and I believe Xbox is pushing for this direction too. They are dropping a disc-less console this May, and with them pushing Xbox live towards the Nintendo Switch, streaming could make the Nintendo a worthy candidate for more intense games.

I have a decent digital library. I do enjoy the convenience of it but it really does take away from the secondary market. I'm sure that is what they want to do, corner the market, but physical media still seems to have a place in the community so far.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
It's an interesting concept and I believe Xbox is pushing for this direction too. They are dropping a disc-less console this May, and with them pushing Xbox live towards the Nintendo Switch, streaming could make the Nintendo a worthy candidate for more intense games.

I have a decent digital library. I do enjoy the convenience of it but it really does take away from the secondary market. I'm sure that is what they want to do, corner the market, but physical media still seems to have a place in the community so far.
You're correct, I remember Xbox starting to try to promote the XBox1 this gen in that direction (digital only, online req) and the community backlash was too intense @ the time but seems to have evolved in that regard. Initially I hated it but have come around; only hang up point is digital sales not equating to used hard copies ($) but this has improved a lot recently as well. I do like the potential of Xbox and Switch teaming up to stream/make avail. both of their libraries. If they could incorporate Nintendo back into more adult gaming they could really run away with it.

Google has a long ways to go and will come down to original IPs on top of all the tech that needs to work functionally. The soulja boy console with better tech :D

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Looks tight, may be right on game of the year but From Software's difficulty may make it less likely unf. It does look like they put a good element of story into this compared to souls/bloodb so that angle should help. Might stop off at game stop on way home even with my backlog.

What is this?
Is a action like Dark Souls?
Any RPG elements?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
What is this?
Is a action like Dark Souls?
Any RPG elements?
Same company that makes Souls and Bloodborne. Action rpg but more focused on crafting your build along the way than making decisions that impact the game RPG. The builds (STR, AGI, END, etc.) are critical tho so that aspect is heightened comparatively to the Assasins Creed, Witcher type rpgs. This one looks like it has some story to it, but Souls and esp Bloodborne kind of lets the env tell its own story with the main focus on brutal diff. combat.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Same company that makes Souls and Bloodborne. Action rpg but more focused on crafting your build along the way than making decisions that impact the game RPG. The builds (STR, AGI, END, etc.) are critical tho so that aspect is heightened comparatively to the Assasins Creed, Witcher type rpgs. This one looks like it has some story to it, but Souls and esp Bloodborne kind of lets the env tell its own story with the main focus on brutal diff. combat.

Sounds like I might like it, will put in on my never ending wish list. Thank you!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You guys catch this?

I played the original a lot. That game came out 15 years ago. I very excited for this one.

This looks refreshing. Vampires. I like it. Seems like there are SO many zombie games out these days.

Sounds like I might like it, will put in on my never ending wish list. Thank you!

I feel you!! There are a ton of great games out these days and it is hard to keep up.

Juggernaut

Reaction score

I hear you esp with the lagging/buffering aspect. Tbh the coolest option I liked was watching a game on YT and then clicking a play now option to have it open in your browser. You're right tho up to this point they have all suffered (streaming services).
65I1BUc.gif
:lmao2:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The Division 2 has been really good. Everything Anthem should have or needed to be.

I need to try this still. Better throw it on my Gamefly. I can't seem to pull myself much from Apex. They really hooked me in. Damn you Respawn! :laugh:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
The Division 2 has been really good. Everything Anthem should have or needed to be.
The Division 2 reviews are all positive. I've read it has almost too much content. It's too bad Anthem doesn't suffer from that positive criticism. Unfortunately The Division 2 doesn't have flying robot suits.

Last edited: