The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Gamefly shipped me Ace Combat 7 yesterday. Excited to see how it is. That used to be on of my favorite games back on the original PlayStation. Then, when I went over to Xbox, I didn't get to play any of them after like 2 or 3 as they were always Sony exclusives. Of course now that I have a PS4 they decide to release it on both platforms. :laugh: Anyway, I rented it for the PS4 for nostalgic reasons and because I understand there is a VR section. I'm interested in that, though, the last flying VR game I tried gave me motion sickness. So, we will see.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Gamefly shipped me Ace Combat 7 yesterday. Excited to see how it is. That used to be on of my favorite games back on the original PlayStation. Then, when I went over to Xbox, I didn't get to play any of them after like 2 or 3 as they were always Sony exclusives. Of course now that I have a PS4 they decide to release it on both platforms. :laugh: Anyway, I rented it for the PS4 for nostalgic reasons and because I understand there is a VR section. I'm interested in that, though, the last flying VR game I tried gave me motion sickness. So, we will see.
OMpKCNO.jpg
:muttley:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So Call of Duty BO4 has their Blackout mode free this month. Just a heads up. They added a new map of Alcatraz. It's absolutely nuts. It is like if multiplayer, battle royale, and zombies all had a baby together.
:laugh:

Lutonio

Reaction score
Just wanted to bring up the Division 2 again. I was looking forward to the game but it's way better than anything I could have expected. It really sets the new standard for loot based games.

For once, one of these games has launched that you can buy and enjoy now instead of having to bank on the promise of them fixing it six months down the road.

The game is loaded with content and secrets. From *spoilers* in the tunnels underneath the city that you would never find just following the game's main line to riddles that lead to boss fights with mask wearing mercenaries after you solve them.

Really loving it. The game plays a little differently than the first one in that everything kills so much quicker--both you and enemies. It's pretty tactical and you have to make use of cover rather than face tank things.

If you like loot based games, you will not be disappointed.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Just wanted to bring up the Division 2 again. I was looking forward to the game but it's way better than anything I could have expected. It really sets the new standard for loot based games.

For once, one of these games has launched that you can buy and enjoy now instead of having to bank on the promise of them fixing it six months down the road.

The game is loaded with content and secrets. From *spoilers* in the tunnels underneath the city that you would never find just following the game's main line to riddles that lead to boss fights with mask wearing mercenaries after you solve them.

Really loving it. The game plays a little differently than the first one in that everything kills so much quicker--both you and enemies. It's pretty tactical and you have to make use of cover rather than face tank things.

If you like loot based games, you will not be disappointed.
Is there a single player campaign?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Hey Slammed, would you recommend the Ace Combat game wo VR? I used to like some of the older ones on ps2 and looks cool. Don't have VR so was thinking just old school planes shooting stuff out in air/ground, etc. highlight where you shoot your missiles, 1P view in combat?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have hundreds of $$ of half started games on my PS4. The games I have I want to play but real life prevents me from even turning the system on. It was the first week of January when I last played and it was Far Cry 5. That game is too big to wait months in-between sessions to get anything out of. On Sunday, on a whim I logged in and downloaded Resident Evil 2. I played about two hours and I enjoyed it. I hope I can find the time to play that game. It seems cool. My soon to be wife seems okay with it.

Has anybody played the game (remastered version) and what did you think of it?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Hey Slammed, would you recommend the Ace Combat game wo VR? I used to like some of the older ones on ps2 and looks cool. Don't have VR so was thinking just old school planes shooting stuff out in air/ground, etc. highlight where you shoot your missiles, 1P view in combat?
Dang! Sorry man! I somehow am just now seeing this post. I'm can't answer that yet. I haven't tried the VR section of that game yet. I will this weekend though and report back. I'm curious as well. The game itself though, so far, isn't bad. A bit repetitive and definitely challenging. I've had to do missions several times over to pass them. You can't change the difficulty level once you start a campaign either, which, I'm not a fan of.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have hundreds of $$ of half started games on my PS4. The games I have I want to play but real life prevents me from even turning the system on. It was the first week of January when I last played and it was Far Cry 5. That game is too big to wait months in-between sessions to get anything out of. On Sunday, on a whim I logged in and downloaded Resident Evil 2. I played about two hours and I enjoyed it. I hope I can find the time to play that game. It seems cool. My soon to be wife seems okay with it.

Has anybody played the game (remastered version) and what did you think of it?

I hear ya! I play almost daily but I get where you're coming from. I have SO many great games and just not enough time to get to them all. Especially when games these days are just massive. Doesn't help I've been stuck on Apex Legends. Haha

Anyway, I did play, briefly, RE2 and I really liked it. Seems like a solid game. Probably scary at night in the dark too. Haha

Lutonio

Reaction score
A friend and I burned through RE2 in a Saturday/Sunday marathon after he got permission from his wife and she agreed to handle the kids that weekend. He's been a huge RE fan since the series was on PSX.

It was great, and it's a tight experience if you're looking for something you sit down and playthrough in several hours with a definite end. But there's also some replay like the Second Run mode that changes up the levels and cut scenes a bit.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Dang! Sorry man! I somehow am just now seeing this post. I'm can't answer that yet. I haven't tried the VR section of that game yet. I will this weekend though and report back. I'm curious as well. The game itself though, so far, isn't bad. A bit repetitive and definitely challenging. I've had to do missions several times over to pass them. You can't change the difficulty level once you start a campaign either, which, I'm not a fan of.
No sweat homie appr the overview. I think I'll hold off in that case...was more didn't know it was coming out and the nostalgia factor. tks again