The Video Game Thread

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m getting Diablo 2.

I really don’t know what to expect. A couple of buddies say it’s one of the best game ever. Looks nerdy as heck to me but I’m intrigued.

What should I expect???

Lutonio

Reaction score
I’m getting Diablo 2.

I really don’t know what to expect. A couple of buddies say it’s one of the best game ever. Looks nerdy as heck to me but I’m intrigued.

What should I expect???

Your friends are right. Diablo 2 is the game that defined the action rpg genre 20 years, probably much like people will look at Dark Souls as defining its own genre in another 10 years.

I won’t lie — it’s nerdy stuff. The story is demons and wizards, and the gameplay is loot grinding and min/maxing skill trees. I love the story though. If you guys get it, don’t skip the dialogue and cutscenes your first time through. A lot of people just want to get straight to the back and slash.

The story picks up not long after Diablo 1, with the hero from that game trapping Diablo inside a magic gem and shoving it into his head (yes) to contain him. He starts to lose control, and you play a character always just a step behind him as you look for him. Like I said, nerdy but I love it.

This remaster adds a fresh coat of paint and some quality of life features, but the game is still defiantly old school. It’s fun as hell, but it’s definitely a 20 year old game. It’s in my top three favorite games, probably at #2, but I wanted to be clear on that stuff.

If you like hack and slash while always chasing the next piece of better equipment, you won’t be disappointed. If it sounds too nerdy and repetitive, it’s probably not for you.

Last edited:

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've been playing Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord for about 3-4 months now and it's one of the most entertaining games I've ever played. The actual battles and sieges are top-notch, not clunky like other games. It's that real mechanics of fighting that makes this game what it is. Having 1K soldiers on a field is insane. The most fun are the sieges of Castles. Everyone working in teams to man the catapults, trebuchets, throwing boulders from the top of walls onto people, pushing the ladders back away from the walls, it's engrossing. Bodies dropping everywhere, people screaming, fireballs smashing into the walls, blowing off chunks. Arrows and bolts flying everywhere hitting people in the eye sockets and throats before they flop to the ground. Chaos!

I thought the Fallouts, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemptions, etc really sucked up my time playing (150-200 hrs each), but I'm probably at close to 200hrs already in Bannerlord and I've yet to get bored. There are a ton of Mods to the game so that makes it even more fun. It's the perfect blend of hardcore battle, strategy, building/maintaining your fiefs, raising a family, and then drama between factions that you get swept into....or not (you can break away if you want). It's basically the Romans, Mongols, Nords, Celts, Normans, and Pre-Islamic Arab factions going at it with their different styles of weapons and tactics.

Last edited:

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I've been playing Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord for about 3-4 months now and it's one of the most entertaining games I've ever played. The actual battles and sieges are top-notch, not clunky like other games. It's that real mechanics of fighting that makes this game what it is. Having 1K soldiers on a field is insane. The most fun are the sieges of Castles. Everyone working in teams to man the catapults, trebuchets, throwing boulders from the top of walls onto people, pushing the ladders back away from the walls, it's engrossing. Bodies dropping everywhere, people screaming, fireballs smashing into the walls, blowing off chunks. Arrows and bolts flying everywhere hitting people in the eye sockets and throats before they flop to the ground. Chaos!

I thought the Fallouts, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemptions, etc really sucked up my time playing (150-200 hrs each), but I'm probably at close to 200hrs already in Bannerlord and I've yet to get bored. There are a ton of Mods to the game so that makes it even more fun. It's the perfect blend of hardcore battle, strategy, building/maintaining your fiefs, raising a family, and then drama between factions that you get swept into....or not (you can break away if you want). It's basically the Romans, Mongols, Nords, Celts, Normans, and Pre-Islamic Arab factions going at it with their different styles of weapons and tactics.
Looks interesting. Gonna have to give this a try.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Bought it over a year ago and liked it, i need to reinstall to see what has been added.

Lutonio

Reaction score
I’m one chapter deep in Diablo 2. Level 16 with my hardcore mode Paladin.

I’m having a blast, and I honestly don’t think it’s all nostalgia.

As a side note, the trophy list on my PlayStation said on Friday night that some players have the trophy for a level 99 character. Holy crap. Take a break and get a shower.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well I got hooked playing a game tonight I never thought I would ever enjoy. PGA Tour 2K21 lol My buddy that I Gameshare with on Xbox hit me up a few weeks ago and said he just bought it. He's pretty big into golfing. I downloaded it as I thought I would at least check it out. So, I did, and my initial thoughts were 'meh'. Fast forward a few weeks to tonight, I decide for some reason to give it another whirl, and about 2 hours later I finally put the controller down. I was surprisingly really enjoying it.

I'm currently doing a PGA Tour. :D

Lutonio

Reaction score
Lemnis Gate drops tomorrow, and I’m really interested to try it. The concept sounds so unique.

It’s being marketed as a “turn based FPS.” Teams take turns inserting an operative into the same 30 second time loop while the other team watches with a drone to track what the player is doing. Once those 30 seconds are up, it rotates to the other team while the actions you took with your previous character are recorded and repeated in the 30 second loop.

So if I use Character A in the first round to secure an objective, he might get killed by Character B in the next round. In the third round, I can use Character C to kill Character B, at which point Character A would continue his recorded actions and secure that same objective.

It sounds weird, but after watching some gameplay it looks like it really works.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m getting Diablo 2.

What should I expect???
It was pretty fun. Dark fantasy type stuff. 1 was better though

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It was pretty fun. Dark fantasy type stuff. 1 was better though

I had a good time playing it this weekend. I had friends who knew what they were doing so I could just follow them and hit stuff.

It’s definitely a chill game and not that serious.

The people who remastered it did a great job. The game looks great and the cinematic cut scenes really help bring out the story.