The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Alright, alright. I had no interest in Hogwarts Legacy, if I am being honest with everybody, but I haven't heard one bad thing about it. My buddy I gameshare with on Xbox bought it, which means I can download it for "free" on my end, so I think I'm going to have to do it.

Just what I need......another game. :laugh:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I finished Far Cry 5 last night. I bought the game a couple of years ago but I never got into it then. I’m a fan but I think when Far Cry 5 came out I was a burned out on the premise of the game(s). This time I was ready and I had a good time. As with most Far Cry games there are a lot of repetitive things you have to do to get ahead in the game, but in the end it was worth it. I know the series (and other Ubisoft games) has gotten a lot of flak, but each their own.

I did play the sequel, New Dawn, as it was a smaller game before I played Far Cry 5. I had fun playing it. I wished I had waited until after I played Far Cry 5 before playing its sequel. The sequel was based 15-17 years after the first game so a few of the characters who survived the original were in the sequel and they had aged appropriately. It would have made so much more sense knowing their backstory. The sequel gave some clues to what happened to some of the original characters that were not in the sequel. I do have Far Cry 6 as well, but the little I played I determined I will have to warm up to it like I did Far Cry 5.

Anyway, I got God of War: Ragnarok in yesterday. I just put the disk in a few minutes ago and it’s doing its thing now. I'm looking forward to playing it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Ok, officially finished Last of Us last night. Fantastic game!! Fantastic story!! I was concerned at first, as a majority of the game is stealth play, and I am just not a fan of stealth play. Don't have the patience. lol Once I powered through the first part though, the story pulled me in and away I went. I can see why the game was as popular as it was.

I was actually a bit surprised that most of the fighting was against other humans vs zombies. I actually enjoyed that immensely. It was refreshing that they didn't shove the zombies down your throat.

I also couldn't wait and I watched the first episode of the TV series. I was impressed with how closely they stuck to the source material, and, there were some scenes that were straight up verbatim from the game. Loved that! Now that I have finished the game, I can't wait to dive in on the rest of the show.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, officially finished Last of Us last night. Fantastic game!! Fantastic story!! I was concerned at first, as a majority of the game is stealth play, and I am just not a fan of stealth play. Don't have the patience. lol Once I powered through the first part though, the story pulled me in and away I went. I can see why the game was as popular as it was.

I was actually a bit surprised that most of the fighting was against other humans vs zombies. I actually enjoyed that immensely. It was refreshing that they didn't shove the zombies down your throat.

I also couldn't wait and I watched the first episode of the TV series. I was impressed with how closely they stuck to the source material, and, there were some scenes that were straight up verbatim from the game. Loved that! Now that I have finished the game, I can't wait to dive in on the rest of the show.
I'm glad you enjoyed the game. The story is what makes the game. I'm not a fan of stealth play either. I'm the kind of guy who like to go in with guns a'blazin'. I had to do stealth the first couple of Far Cry 5 outposts because I didn't have the weapons or money to upgrade to be able to fight wave after wave of the cult soldiers. Once I did get better weapons where I could fight adequately, I announced my arrival with gusto! It was a lot more fun having to fight multiple bad guys than to sneak around disabling alarms.

rags747

Reaction score
Ok so I just ordered an Xbox X off of AMZN. I had the original Xbox and 360 for my daughter but have not played since so got the itch recently to get back into it. First off, I say I ordered but what it really is is an Invite to buy, Invites go out two times per week and so far it’s been one week.

has anyone else ordered this way or am I just wasting my time? Also, thoughts on quality vs the old stuff I mentioned. Thx…

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My PSVR2 order has shipped! Supposed to be here 22 Feb, but I will believe it when it gets here. I say that because it's being shipped by UPS and they haven't impressed me a lot of times. Their shipping dates have slipped using them professionally and personally too often for my liking.

I'm too old to be this excited.

Shinaoi

Reaction score

Do you plan on jumping into last of us 2? That game got mixed reactions story wise, but I did enjoy my time with it quite a bit.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Ok so I just ordered an Xbox X off of AMZN. I had the original Xbox and 360 for my daughter but have not played since so got the itch recently to get back into it. First off, I say I ordered but what it really is is an Invite to buy, Invites go out two times per week and so far it’s been one week.

has anyone else ordered this way or am I just wasting my time? Also, thoughts on quality vs the old stuff I mentioned. Thx…
I've never used the Invite to Buy on Amazon, so I can't really speak on that. I figured console stock was better these days where you no longer needed an invite. Either way, whatever gets one delivered to you.

As for the Series X (I'm assuming you meant a Series X), you'll love it. Fantastic console. You will notice massive improvements in performance and graphics coming from the Xbox 360, especially if you have a capable monitor/TV.
My PSVR2 order has shipped! Supposed to be here 22 Feb, but I will believe it when it gets here. I say that because it's being shipped by UPS and they haven't impressed me a lot of times. Their shipping dates have slipped using them professionally and personally too often for my liking.

I'm too old to be this excited.

I'm expecting a full report by the 23rd!! haha I'm stoked for you. I've been reading reviews the last couple of days and they have all been really good. I should have just preordered myself, but just kept dragging my feet. I do plan on heading down to Best Buy on Wednesday and seeing if they have any to purchase. I've read conflicting things on the internet if they will be available at retailers on release day or not.
Do you plan on jumping into last of us 2? That game got mixed reactions story wise, but I did enjoy my time with it quite a bit.
Yup!! I do plan on it. Looks good and I'm sure I will enjoy it. Plus, I kind of look forward to cruising through a post-apocalyptic Seattle.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Ok, just snagged Just of Us Part 2 on sale on PSN for $9. Let it download and see how it is.

Also, I laugh at myself sometimes. I will catch myself feeling cheap and hesitating "well, shoot, do I want to spend $9 on this game?. What if it sucks?" Then I realize I spend $9 at any given fast food restaurant for a crappy value meal without pause. :laugh:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm expecting a full report by the 23rd!! haha I'm stoked for you. I've been reading reviews the last couple of days and they have all been really good. I should have just preordered myself, but just kept dragging my feet. I do plan on heading down to Best Buy on Wednesday and seeing if they have any to purchase. I've read conflicting things on the internet if they will be available at retailers on release day or not.

Yup!! I do plan on it. Looks good and I'm sure I will enjoy it. Plus, I kind of look forward to cruising through a post-apocalyptic Seattle
I'm giving up hope I will get the VR2 by tomorrow. PlayStation and UPS both say the item is waiting on pickup. In all the years I've dealt with UPS I've never been able to get something in two days after it has been picked up. There has been times it's been put on a local truck "out for delivery" but I still won't get it until the next day. I have to stay away from the reviews. It's getting me even more excited to get the thing. Some of the games I preordered have already downloaded (and upgrades applied) in anticipation.

I'm hoping UPS hasn't updated their site. It was supposed to be shipped last Friday and be here tomorrow. We will see.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, just snagged Just of Us Part 2 on sale on PSN for $9. Let it download and see how it is.

Also, I laugh at myself sometimes. I will catch myself feeling cheap and hesitating "well, shoot, do I want to spend $9 on this game?. What if it sucks?" Then I realize I spend $9 at any given fast food restaurant for a crappy value meal without pause. :laugh:
Please give an honest review of the Last of Us 2. I haven't played the game because of "reasons". I read too many reviews that trashed the game and it turned me off. Maybe after these years I can give it the truthful playthrough.

I know what you mean about the sales on older games. I don't think twice about getting a burger for that price, but will give pause to a game at the same price, even though the game will last a lot longer than a hamburger. Of course, there is a reason why I had to get a 2TB external hard drive for games I barely have touched. :)

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score

The Last of Us is in my top 10 of all time. Platinum'd it. Beat it least 5 times. Now part 2...im just gonna come out and say I hated it. Gameplay is fine but the story...im interested on your take. I highly recommend the "Left Behind" DLC as it's part of the show as well. Which is the best show on tv imo.

Also Hogwarts is amazing. I really didn't think I'd enjoy it this much. 10/10 which is rare for me.

The Metroid Prime remake is awesome as well. So many games my brain hurts and now the PSVR2 is going to really roast my noodles haha.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Please give an honest review of the Last of Us 2. I haven't played the game because of "reasons". I read too many reviews that trashed the game and it turned me off. Maybe after these years I can give it the truthful playthrough.

I know what you mean about the sales on older games. I don't think twice about getting a burger for that price, but will give pause to a game at the same price, even though the game will last a lot longer than a hamburger. Of course, there is a reason why I had to get a 2TB external hard drive for games I barely have touched. :)
The Last of Us is in my top 10 of all time. Platinum'd it. Beat it least 5 times. Now part 2...im just gonna come out and say I hated it. Gameplay is fine but the story...im interested on your take. I highly recommend the "Left Behind" DLC as it's part of the show as well. Which is the best show on tv imo.

Also Hogwarts is amazing. I really didn't think I'd enjoy it this much. 10/10 which is rare for me.

The Metroid Prime remake is awesome as well. So many games my brain hurts and now the PSVR2 is going to really roast my noodles haha.
Yeah I was cruising through the Gamefly reviews on Last of Us II and they were pretty mixed. A lot of negative, and of course, some positives. I'll absolutely report back here on what I think. It's a long one though, so it might be a bit. Think I read it was a 24 hour story completion time.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Hope you get your PSVR2 today @Jammer !!

It's looking like I won't be able to run down and grab one today, which, I don't understand why Sony is choosing to handle it this way. If you can't buy them at retailers, they should have just advertised that if you preorder, you get "early access" to the VR on the 22nd. Then just had the release date to whenever they decide to sell them at retailers. My buddy said they did the same with their Pro Controller. Seems weird to me.