The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I haven;t played my xbox in awhile but always claim their gold games and the 360 games they give away that are bc. Xbox has better racing games but they really need more than Gers of War and Halo to stand a chance going forward.

I read that they bought a few software companies and have some things up their sleeve. Time will tell. I always preferred the layout of the Xbox software better but I enjoy the PS4 as well.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I read that they bought a few software companies and have some things up their sleeve. Time will tell. I always preferred the layout of the Xbox software better but I enjoy the PS4 as well.
The interface and navigation don't lag like PS4 and is better suited to fly all over the place from game to app to store, etc.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
x3bKavr.gif
:lmao:

John813

Reaction score
FWIW, not much change in play style for Madden 20. Some new animations/contact physics.
The difficulty is finding which plays work the best against the All-Madden defenses. Not so much the actually difficulty. IE star corners can still get fooled by certain routes when PA is called.
Read option runs I've found are effective.

The superstar players is a cool feature, as once one of those players become "on fire" they definitely become a force unless you can stop them a few series.

Franchise mode has more coach to player interface in that you'll get texts from anyone from your OC/DC and certain players. The texts with players can be about getting them involved more and if you do they can get morale boosts/XP.

Scouting unfortunately is the same 3 unlockable traits you can find out about. Haven't made it to the draft yet.

The new ratings do provide a better shift between stars and average starters. Williams definitely is the weak link on the offensive line due to his launch rating.
Playing as the Dolphins is a challenge lol.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Currently, I'm playing The Golf Club 2019. My buddy and I play a round a couple of nights a week.

Overall it's an awesome game, but it does have what I can only guess is a random screw up the guys swing percentage. What I mean by this is every once in a while. Even if everything in your swing was perfect. It will still shank the shot. It was happening to my buddy and I we couldn't figure out what was happening. Then we found others on the web reporting the same thing.

They seriously need to get that garbage out of there. I'm a damn pro. I don't shank my shots! :)

SlammedZero

Reaction score

Man, the graphics these days are getting beautiful.

FWIW, not much change in play style for Madden 20. Some new animations/contact physics.
The difficulty is finding which plays work the best against the All-Madden defenses. Not so much the actually difficulty. IE star corners can still get fooled by certain routes when PA is called.
Read option runs I've found are effective.

The superstar players is a cool feature, as once one of those players become "on fire" they definitely become a force unless you can stop them a few series.

Franchise mode has more coach to player interface in that you'll get texts from anyone from your OC/DC and certain players. The texts with players can be about getting them involved more and if you do they can get morale boosts/XP.

Scouting unfortunately is the same 3 unlockable traits you can find out about. Haven't made it to the draft yet.

The new ratings do provide a better shift between stars and average starters. Williams definitely is the weak link on the offensive line due to his launch rating.
Playing as the Dolphins is a challenge lol.

Gamefly just e-mailed me today that they shipped Madden 20. I figured as much on the game (with what you're saying in your post) but I still thought I would give it a whirl.

I just had NBA2K19. It wasn't bad! I had fun with it. And of course the morning I mailed it back, later that afternoon Gamefly e-mailed me and offered me the "Keep it now" price of $6. I would have done that. :laugh:

John813

Reaction score
Man, the graphics these days are getting beautiful.

Gamefly just e-mailed me today that they shipped Madden 20. I figured as much on the game (with what you're saying in your post) but I still thought I would give it a whirl.

I just had NBA2K19. It wasn't bad! I had fun with it. And of course the morning I mailed it back, later that afternoon Gamefly e-mailed me and offered me the "Keep it now" price of $6. I would have done that. :laugh:

I'll definitely get my $60 worth of gaming on Madden, even with the minor changes. I just enjoy football too much to worry about what the game lacks (especially when they had competition years ago).
The drastic overalls/talent does make the game harder on franchise, so hoping the draft classes(imported by others) keep the same type of lower overalls for most of the class.

I just bought 2k for dirt cheap not too long ago. Man, it's been years since I've played a NBA game. Think it was 2k11 the last time I've owned one. Felt like a noob relearning the controls

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I still look forward to the yearly TecmoBowl.org roster hack more than Madden.

I downloaded Tecmo Bowl Throwback a few months back when they offered it free on Xbox Gold. It stays mostly true to it's roots. I love the original Tecmo Bowl. Talk about nostalgia playing that game. I remember being young and going over to your friend's house in the summer to play that game. I love that people still do roster updates and whatnot to support it. Definitely a game cemented into video game history.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Just picked up Shadows of War on sale. Its alot of fun, and a big improvement on the already excellent Nemesis system. However story and the world just arent sucking me in
I love that series for the combat but you're right about the story being underwhelming. Your basically a middle earth bounty hunter, moving up on the levels/opponents until you get to the top and take out the lieutenants, mercenaries, leaders, etc. I see it as a darker Assasins creed with the gory combat.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love that series for the combat but you're right about the story being underwhelming. Your basically a middle earth bounty hunter, moving up on the levels/opponents until you get to the top and take out the lieutenants, mercenaries, leaders, etc. I see it as a darker Assasins creed with the gory combat.
I love all the possible dynamics now of dominating Orcs now as opposed to fighting them. Sometimes when Im going place to place Ill just set up battle royals lol

A did a mission yesterday where I helped on of my captains track hunt an captain. I had him, I summoned my follower and during the battle two more enemy captains just happened to be in the area an hopped in. Pretty solid brawl

Master22

Reaction score
Played the trial for Madden 20 and did the Face of the Franchise mode, was alright but does seem that in no way can you play for the Cowboys. Don't think you will ever get drafted by them and by year 4 didn't get an option to sign after I demanded to be released from the Dolphins. Trial ended...