The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yeah I definitely think the micro-transactions model is more profitable for a gaming company. It seems to be the trend right now, and unfortunately IMO, it has begun to somewhat ruin the gaming industry. As a Call of Duty fan, I have watched that franchise (along with Activision) go downhill over the years in terms of loot boxes and micro-transaction. Greed Greed Greed. Though, I will say, the new Modern Warfare looks promising, but, we will see.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I started playing Earth Defense Force 5 and OH HELL YES!!!

It's like you're in a B-monster movie!
A bunch of them!
Giant ants and spiders... cheap looking, towering robots... Rent-A-Center Godzillas... giant grey aliens... really goofy and silly dialogue with extra tons of cheese...

You guys know my love for really bad movies... this scratches an itch.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
long-live-these-lion-king-memes-30-photos-1.jpg

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I started playing Earth Defense Force 5 and OH HELL YES!!!

It's like you're in a B-monster movie!
A bunch of them!
Giant ants and spiders... cheap looking, towering robots... Rent-A-Center Godzillas... giant grey aliens... really goofy and silly dialogue with extra tons of cheese...

You guys know my love for really bad movies... this scratches an itch.
I Love Earth Defense series for the reasons you said. It is a starship trooper themed game where you're just shooting aliens and big bugs. Has a niche cult following evidently. I got part 5 too and like it to shoot around for a couple hours. Always fun stuff

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I Love Earth Defense series for the reasons you said. It is a starship trooper themed game where you're just shooting aliens and big bugs. Has a niche cult following evidently. I got part 5 too and like it to shoot around for a couple hours. Always fun stuff
If you play PC, hit me up one day.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
It's a joke .. one is from the animated movie, the second one from the live action movie recently released.

Someone just made a joke that one was without RTX ray-tracing and the other with it.
Oh cool (joke did fly over my head admittedly) but also was jus saying the img comp was also just odd in how it will be portrayed with the live action visuals movie out now. it will be different to see"real" lookin lions doin this new movie (just in general). One aspect is a cartoon lion can have facial expressions for example where this LA movie wouldn't be able to really do that. Not seein it in theatres, I forgot how much singing is in these kids movies (every 5 minutes for cryn out loud it seemed) when I took my nephew to see Aladdin.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Haven't really played much since finishing God of War. I did play about 30 minutes of Hollow Knight this past weekend. It was only the 2nd time I played it (first time also about half an hour). I can either continue with that, or stick with my plan of playing my games from shortest time to beat to longest...which would have me playing the Telltale Games Game of Thrones, followed by, South Park: The Fractured But Whole.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Detroit is the PSPlus free game this month. Anyone play it?

About 3 pages back. ;)

-----------------------------------------

So I've been playing Detroit: Become Human on the PlayStation. I'm really enjoying it! It's mostly a narrative based/storytelling type game, something I don't particularly dabble in much, but wow did the storyline suck me in. Sure, it would be cool to have a little more action or exploration in the game, but I feel very compelled to finish the game and story. If you are in the mood to kick back, relax, and play something chill, albeit interesting, I definitely suggest this one. Oh, and the graphics are fantastic.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

This got on my radar about two months ago. It's three weeks away now, and I'm pretty hyped.

One part Dark Souls, one part Resident Evil.

This games does look tight as hell. Wy hasn't it gotten more hype? Is it only online or f2p, otherwise looks like a take my $60 day 1 game. Thanks for the info

Lutonio

Reaction score
This games does look tight as hell. Wy hasn't it gotten more hype? Is it only online or f2p, otherwise looks like a take my $60 day 1 game. Thanks for the info

I'm not sure why I'm not seeing it advertised more. It's a smaller studio so maybe there isn't a budget for it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
For those with Xbox and enjoy racing games, Forza Motorsports 6 is going to be free on the Games with Gold in August. Just a heads up. Forza games are fantastic. I have FM7 already but I may download it just because, well, it's free. :D

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
For those with Xbox and enjoy racing games, Forza Motorsports 6 is going to be free on the Games with Gold in August. Just a heads up. Forza games are fantastic. I have FM7 already but I may download it just because, well, it's free. :D
I haven;t played my xbox in awhile but always claim their gold games and the 360 games they give away that are bc. Xbox has better racing games but they really need more than Gers of War and Halo to stand a chance going forward.