The Video Game Thread

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Been playing FF7R lately (maybe 70% fone or so). I am enjoying it, but miced on some things. The combat is enjoyable, but I still miss the old style too.

I like getting a bigger and deeper dive into the world of Midgar, however, I feel there's too much filler, or at times things are just dragged out to pad the length.

Also, much of some of the added elements seem very random at this point, or that they're not going to mean much until future chapters. Speaking of which, I' not sure how they'll be able to keep up this level of depth through the entire story without needing like 8 chapters, which would take forever.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Anyone else watch any of the Madden games on ESPN this evening.
Did I see one of the competitors drinking Gatorade?
I thought what, are your thumbs tired :laugh::laugh:
And on top they have on football jerseys smh...should put some black paint under their eyes :facepalm: Those kids over in SKorea though, they don't play around over there with the comp gaming. saw a youtube vid where they "recruit" these kids to leagues at like 14 to play until around 18 bc that's when they burn out.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
And on top they have on football jerseys smh...should put some black paint under their eyes :facepalm: Those kids over in SKorea though, they don't play around over there with the comp gaming. saw a youtube vid where they "recruit" these kids to leagues at like 14 to play until around 18 bc that's when they burn out.

I shouldn't make fun, they would probably stomp me lulz. And your right though it is funny, football jerseys :laugh:Also some of them look they couldn't manage 10 push ups.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Ok, tried that Hunt:Showdown game. Going into it I was expecting something very different for some reason. Either way, chugging along, doing my thing, and eventually learn that your ultimate goal is to hunt a giant spider. I. Hate. Spiders. Borderline arachnophobic. So, that game got ejected real quick. :D

:lmao:

Outside that, I could see the appeal. I really liked the proximity chat with other players. That's a cool touch. Would be neat to see them incorporate that into a battle royale game where you could give your position away by talking with your team or something.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I'm finishing up RedDead2 (am not feeling these epilogues) and about to start up Outer Worlds on Ps4.
Spoilers:
Dutch --- If he calls me "son" one more time while I'm older than him...wth? They should've done a DLC over this epilogue nonsense in my opinion..feels half aced after ALL that effort into the main story, why drag this out? I get that some fans would've complained, but you can't hve a Disney ending every round. (I know the ending, etc.)

Back to Outer Worlds

Saw this using Realitys news engine. Evidently they had too many npc and environmental issues to release the full game. Wonder if they should've waited for next gen. See it doesn't run that well on Switch either (just released on there). Game is sharp, probably a remaster for PS5/Xb1
https://pureplaystation.com/the-out...snt-for-the-ps4/2020/04?ref=NEWSandRUMORS.com
"That problem arose from their over-enthusiasm when it came to NPC creation, whereby they had too many non playable characters for the console to cope. As a result, a lot of these faces were erased from memory – sacrificed for greater art quality in the environment itself"

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm finishing up RedDead2 (am not feeling these epilogues) and about to start up Outer Worlds on Ps4.
Spoilers:
Dutch --- If he calls me "son" one more time while I'm older than him...wth? They should've done a DLC over this epilogue nonsense in my opinion..feels half aced after ALL that effort into the main story, why drag this out? I get that some fans would've complained, but you can't hve a Disney ending every round. (I know the ending, etc.)

Back to Outer Worlds

Saw this using Realitys news engine. Evidently they had too many npc and environmental issues to release the full game. Wonder if they should've waited for next gen. See it doesn't run that well on Switch either (just released on there). Game is sharp, probably a remaster for PS5/Xb1
https://pureplaystation.com/the-out...snt-for-the-ps4/2020/04?ref=NEWSandRUMORS.com
"That problem arose from their over-enthusiasm when it came to NPC creation, whereby they had too many non playable characters for the console to cope. As a result, a lot of these faces were erased from memory – sacrificed for greater art quality in the environment itself"
:laugh:

I think I was so enthralled with the open world and graphics that the epilogue kind of missed me.

I started Outer Worlds and then for some reason just never ended up back on it. Didn't seem too bad. Too early to tell if it was up my alley or not.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
@Corso
Here are the recommended specs for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator coming later this year. I've seen some screens of the game and graphics look VERY realistic.
Hope your rig is ready.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Ideal System Requirements:

Ideal Spec (AMD) Ideal Spec (NVIDIA)
Minimum OS Version Windows 10 (Nov 2019 update – 1909) Windows 10 (Nov 2019 update – 1909)
CPU Ryzen 7 Pro 2700X Intel i7-9800X
GPU Radeon VII NVIDIA RTX 2080
VRAM 8GB 8GB
RAM 32GB 32GB
HDD 150GB SSD 150GB SSD
Bandwidth 50Mbps 50Mbps

Last edited:

Lutonio

Reaction score
Ok, tried that Hunt:Showdown game. Going into it I was expecting something very different for some reason. Either way, chugging along, doing my thing, and eventually learn that your ultimate goal is to hunt a giant spider. I. Hate. Spiders. Borderline arachnophobic. So, that game got ejected real quick. :D

:lmao:

Outside that, I could see the appeal. I really liked the proximity chat with other players. That's a cool touch. Would be neat to see them incorporate that into a battle royale game where you could give your position away by talking with your team or something.

Well then good news! It's not actually a spider at all. It's only a bunch of humans with cursed souls condemned to be slammed together into one mass with the behavior and appearance of a spider to catch agents of the American Hunter Association. Look!

DY0TgAsX4AAFhpo.jpg

On second thought, nevermind.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Bought Escape from Tarkov last week and have played every night since. It is an online MMO shooter that is extremely realistic, realistic ballistics, bullet drop, how weapons feel/perform etc. If you are playing your main character you can be looted for everything you have on you if you are killed. You can also play a "scav" aka scavenger which loads you in with a stock character/weapon. You can hunt human players playing their main and take all of their loot, you can then extract from the map and transfer all the loot to your main character{PMC}.
I have never played a shooter this realistic with this heightened sense of tension.

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

SlammedZero

Reaction score

The hours I spent playing THPS2...

tenor.gif

I know A LOT of people that are stoked about this.
Bought Escape from Tarkov last week and have played every night since. It is an online MMO shooter that is extremely realistic, realistic ballistics, bullet drop, how weapons feel/perform etc. If you are playing your main character you can be looted for everything you have on you if you are killed. You can also play a "scav" aka scavenger which loads you in with a stock character/weapon. You can hunt human players playing their main and take all of their loot, you can then extract from the map and transfer all the loot to your main character{PMC}.
I have never played a shooter this realistic with this heightened sense of tension.

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

Looks great!! PC only?