The Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by SlammedZero, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

19,806 Messages
    29,364 Likes Received
    That's what I said though. I'm not down on the concept of VR but rather the current iteration of it does not impress me enough to want to use or play it. In time I think it will get there, hopefully sooner rather than later, but until that happens, there are just too many better options where I can spend my time and money.

JohnnyTheFox and BigStar like this.
  2. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

8,277 Messages
    6,900 Likes Received
    I hear you and that goofy headset doesn't help for practical gaming (they should ideally just have some 3D glasses type of thing like at the movies instead of the big headset). I don't want a Wii type experience, but with the new Doom VR and Resident Evil 7 type games I thought I might check it out but like Slammed referenced, I can see running through Doom and then have it collecting dust.

JohnnyTheFox and Reality like this.
  3. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

4,640 Messages
    10,620 Likes Received
    Fair enough! Microsoft was starting to push augmented reality, and it looked really impressive, but then it kind of took a back seat to their other product lineup. I think you can still buy one, but they are like $3k for something that is glitchy, and I'm not sure how many developers are creating content for it currently. The technology coming down the pipeline is intriguing though.

JohnnyTheFox, Reality and BigStar like this.
  4. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

8,277 Messages
    6,900 Likes Received
    I'm agreeing with your perspective tbh and good point about only a couple of good games being out (esp Borderlands). Wait until the tech catches up so developers will turn out more games for it if the demand/quality catches up. Ideally would want some simple 3d glasses type set up instead of full out VR/headset/controllers tbh I'm too old for that. Good points on developers having little incentive at the moment.

JohnnyTheFox likes this.
  5. SlammedZero

4,640 Messages
    10,620 Likes Received
    Ah man, you're never too old for anything. ;)

Really the headset isn't too bad! Never really bothered me. My only complaint is the lenses inside are not replaceable and over the years I have developed some scratches and whatnot. Not a big deal but sometimes it bothers me. With all that said, I will admit that the setup sometimes does hinder my desire to play. You have to pull out the headset. Plug everything in. Make sure the cameras and lights are all reading correctly. It can be a process. With a good game though it is very immersive and will take you out of reality for a moment. :)

6. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

8,277 Messages
    6,900 Likes Received
    Feel ya brotha, was just having wii flashbacks. Those were an intense 2-3 months :D

JohnnyTheFox and SlammedZero like this.
  7. SlammedZero

4,640 Messages
    10,620 Likes Received
    Well, I'm about 50% through the RDR2 story mode now. The story just took a turn I wasn't really expecting. :laugh: Nothing crazy, just didn't really expect to be where I am.

Juggernaut, BigStar and JohnnyTheFox like this.
  8. Lutonio

Lutonio Well-Known Member

1,169 Messages
    1,765 Likes Received

Still playing Blackout and Vermintide. Cautiously optimistic about Anthem.

Juggernaut and SlammedZero like this.
  9. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

17,628 Messages
    17,889 Likes Received
    I'm still patiently awaiting Half-Life 3..................

Juggernaut and SlammedZero like this.
  10. SlammedZero

4,640 Messages
    10,620 Likes Received
    Nice shot!! I've been playing quite a bit of BO4 myself, but surprisingly, I haven't hardly played Blackout at all. I like it, just for some reason I always gravitate towards the normal multiplayer modes (i.e. TDM). Blackout requires good teamwork and that is hard to find sometimes online without friends.

Also, yeah, Anthem looks good but we will see!

JohnnyTheFox likes this.
  11. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Well-Known Member

2,740 Messages
    7,475 Likes Received
  12. JohnnyTheFox

JohnnyTheFox Achilleslastand

5,414 Messages
    7,178 Likes Received
    Anyone else getting Resident Evil 2 releasing January 25th?
    Big fan of the first 4 titles including Code Veronica.
    A free 30 minute demo is out of your respective platform be it PC/PS4 or XBOX1.

Played the demo on both the PS4 and the PC and am impressed, it really feels like a old resident evil title with adding some new elements including a behind the shoulder view. Haven't decided which platform to get it on yet though. Some nice sales out there already for 20-25% off but that is the PC version though.

Shinaoi, lothos05, BigStar and 2 others like this.
  13. SlammedZero

4,640 Messages
    10,620 Likes Received
    I'll definitely check out the demo. Was never into the Resident Evil games until I had got my PSVR. Played RE7 in VR, what a trip. Scary too because I'm a baby when it comes to that stuff. :laugh:

14. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,803 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    I remember the original RE2...scared the bejeesus out of me.

Presently, Alien: Isolation is my favorite survival horror. So much fun. Producers did such a great job immersing you in that atmosphere.

BigStar, JohnnyTheFox and SlammedZero like this.
  15. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet

13,754 Messages
    12,273 Likes Received
    RE2 may have been my all time favorite in the survival horror genre

SlammedZero and BigStar like this.
  16. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet

13,754 Messages
    12,273 Likes Received
    Anyone else excited about Cyberpunk?

17. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

8,277 Messages
    6,900 Likes Received
    It does look good from what I've seen and almost seems like a futuristic sci fi Fallout w/rpg decisions and weapon mods. Should be cool.

18. SlammedZero

4,640 Messages
    10,620 Likes Received
    Yeah I will be checking out Cyberpunk for sure. I'm also interested in seeing what Anthem is all about. Being that it is an online co-op shooter, it seems to be getting a lot of Destiny comparisons.

19. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

8,277 Messages
    6,900 Likes Received
    I wish I could get back into online but haven't really played online since Black Ops 2. I'd do okay on KD ratios but didn't like the online 360 live atmosphere and same w/Madden. Glitch b's, camping, etc

JohnnyTheFox and SlammedZero like this.
  20. SlammedZero

4,640 Messages
    10,620 Likes Received
    I'm still a sucker for the Call of Duty games. They're definitely not what they used to be.

Reality, JohnnyTheFox and BigStar like this.