The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Have any of you seen this?!?! Absolutely blew my mind. I thought it was a joke. I had to look it up and figure out that this is an actual game being developed. Unfortunately (for me), I've read it's only releasing on PC. This alone makes me want a gaming PC.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Have any of you seen this?!?! Absolutely blew my mind. I thought it was a joke. I had to look it up and figure out that this is an actual game being developed. Unfortunately (for me), I've read it's only releasing on PC. This alone makes me want a gaming PC.

I'm really excited about it. For that game alone it was worth getting the overpriced 4090.

But let's wait until the release. Way too often trailers and gameplay footage got me excited, and then the full game was utter trash.

And while we're at it, another tactical shooter that looks pretty interesting is in development:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Star Wars Survivor was released today, only got to play for about an hour or so but seems like a great game. If you played Star Wars Fallen Order and liked you will enjoy this one.

Not too far into it but feels like they picked up where Fallen Order left off in terms of the combat, but added additional skill trees and stances. The graphics are great and the combat and platforming are very smooth. Looking forward to digging deep into it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Star Wars Survivor was released today, only got to play for about an hour or so but seems like a great game. If you played Star Wars Fallen Order and liked you will enjoy this one.

Not too far into it but feels like they picked up where Fallen Order left off in terms of the combat, but added additional skill trees and stances. The graphics are great and the combat and platforming are very smooth. Looking forward to digging deep into it.
Planning on diving into this today. Forgot to pre-download it the other night, and didn't get it started until after work yesterday. When I went to bed last night (which was late) it was still at only like 82%. lol

Crazy how massive in size games are getting.

HungryLion

Reaction score

It’s very very good so far. I was having trouble with mine. The HDR wasn’t working. There are some bugs. But they just released a patch two days ago. So I’m hoping that fixes the issue.

The gameplay is awesome so far. Storyline and voice acting are very engaging as well

HungryLion

Reaction score
Just grabbed the new Zelda Pro Controller as well. Ready to rock and roll. Game of the year I think. Game of the fi'ng century haha.

I really think there’s a chance this goes down as one of the best games ever.

I’ve been reading some of the previews from the folks who have gotten to play already and not a single one has been negative so far.

Hardline

Reaction score
Has anyone ever quit playing a game because they couldn't get past a level boss?
I am getting very frustrated that I can't get past the Hell Guards in Doom 2016.

maxresdefault.jpg

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Has anyone ever quit playing a game because they couldn't get past a level boss?
I am getting very frustrated that I can't get past the Hell Guards in Doom 2016.

maxresdefault.jpg
quackshot on sega genesis. I couldn't figure out how to get past a level where the ceiling collapsed, and I looked it up after about a month

The original kings quest game on apple IIgs. I spent an obscene amount of time walking around and not knowing how to play the game. About the only thing I accomplished was finding a carrot, looking under a bridge and finding something, and 1 or 2 other things. Years later I looked up the walk through, and discovered I had only figured out about 2 percent of the game

You better figure it out, you are not 7

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

maxresdefault.jpg
Yes, Bloodborne. I absolutely hate Soulsborne/Soulslike games. I'm older and have essential tremors which makes it almost impossible to beat the bosses in those.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It’s very very good so far. I was having trouble with mine. The HDR wasn’t working. There are some bugs. But they just released a patch two days ago. So I’m hoping that fixes the issue.

The gameplay is awesome so far. Storyline and voice acting are very engaging as well
Yeah I am enjoying it quite a bit myself. I haven't had too many issues with mine outside one crash. I did try bouncing between both Quality and Performance mode and I can definitely tell the difference. I much prefer the Performance mode. It looks so much smoother to me, at least for my setup (Series X/OLED).

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

I finished it and just started to play new game plus. I really like how there is a perk (doesn't use a slot) that you can activate that replaces some of the basic enemies with tougher ones for the 2nd play-through.

Overall I am really enjoying the gameplay and the storyline. One minor complaint is I don't like how some of the bosses still fling Cal around during their fights. I got it in the first game, he was developing into a Jedi Knight and relearning his skills but after 5 years of fighting the Empire and becoming more powerful, I would have liked it if that ended. I also think the enemies spam unblockable attacks a bit too much, and it is used as a substitute for good combat action. That purge trooper with the hammer is annoying as hell.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yeah I am enjoying it quite a bit myself. I haven't had too many issues with mine outside one crash. I did try bouncing between both Quality and Performance mode and I can definitely tell the difference. I much prefer the Performance mode. It looks so much smoother to me, at least for my setup (Series X/OLED).

I am using series X with an OLED too.

I’ll try performance mode with the new patch tonight. Hopefully it’ll run smoother.

Other than a couple hiccups it’s a great game. Even after I turned the HDR off it still looked pretty damn good lol