The Walking Dead (S5) - 2nd half of season thread ***Spoilers***

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Finally started seeing a little development of other characters like Abe, Eugene and Gabriel.

I don't quite get the leap from 'Rick, Pete's beating Sam and maybe Jessie,' to 'There's only one way this can go Rick...you're going to have to kill Pete.' Seems like there are at least a few other things you could try. Maybe, if he only beats them when he drinks, you could just not make beer runs.

Can't remember a time when the show got that gruesome. Here I thought Buttons' death was bad. Glenn's going to be seeing that one in his dreams for awhile.

And man...Father Gabriel. What a guy. Carol needs to give him the cookie speech.

Going to be interesting to see how Deanna reacts, given the seeds of doubt the writers planted.

Phoenix

Reaction score
I don't quite get the leap from 'Rick, Pete's beating Sam and maybe Jessie,' to 'There's only one way this can go Rick...you're going to have to kill Pete.' Seems like there are at least a few other things you could try. Maybe, if he only beats them when he drinks, you could just not make beer runs.

Carol is just drawing on her own personal tormented domestic violence past with her long deaded hubby...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Eguene was the one who was going to get killed off.

With him being honest about no mission it got rid of that arc and his connection to abraham.

Plus with him being honest finally, with him making a friend with the one girl and tonight with him finally being brave and taking a leadership/hero role (for a brief time) I thought...bam he is going to go next.

Still might.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
It's interesting how quickly Rick has seemingly concluded that he needs to start controlling this new group.

Compare that to his patience with Herschel when they first came together. This new group may not be as battle tested as they should be, but they're miles better at protecting themselves than Herschel's family was. At least they're not putting leashes on walkers and feeding them. In the last episode, he was even starting to show interest in another man's woman. His journey to Shane-dom is almost complete!

Stryker44

Reaction score
What was the deal with Gabriel turning into such a castrated coward and ratting out the group to Deanna?

jrumann59

Reaction score
What was the deal with Gabriel turning into such a castrated coward and ratting out the group to Deanna?

I think he wanted to do it before his secret got out. ie Rick and group hold him accountable for his past injustices.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carol is just drawing on her own personal tormented domestic violence past with her long deaded hubby...

That's a good point.

Even in a world that was screwed-up, Carol couldn't get the help she needed, nor would Ed change his ways.

It's the same path she took in order to kill the two sicklings in their bunks at the prison which suffering with pig-flu– make your first action your best action.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Eguene was the one who was going to get killed off.

With him being honest about no mission it got rid of that arc and his connection to abraham.

Plus with him being honest finally, with him making a friend with the one girl and tonight with him finally being brave and taking a leadership/hero role (for a brief time) I thought...bam he is going to go next.

Still might.

Agreed. I think he could go in the next two episodes.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Eugene actually becomes very important in the comics, if they stick to that arc.

Gabriel is in essence suffering from PTSD and survivors guilt and being a yellow belly coward, all of that is coming home to roost, his paranoia and religious background is creating things that only he sees some of it may be transference remember he denied shelter to people in need back at the church.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I already disliked Gabriel's character, this episode shows just how big of a coward and loser he really is.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Does anybody have a feeling that perhaps Pete gets killed and then we find out he didn't do anything of what he is accused aside from being a sullen drunk?

All the evidence is circumstantial at this point.