The Walking Dead (S5) - 2nd half of season thread ***Spoilers***

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just my opinion but I think The Walking Dead is the best drama on television. I believe it is a good examination for how people would physically and emotionally cope within a post-apocalyptic zombie world.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Is anybody else just waiting for Daryl to snap and become the next madman?

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'll have to watch the last episode again for a refresher but the hospital exit scene I will always remember.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I really like this show a whole lot. I can't wait for its return Sunday as well as the premier of Better Call Saul.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I think The Walking Dead is the best drama on television. I believe it is a good examination for how people would physically and emotionally cope within a post-apocalyptic zombie world.

I think amc has a better overall show in hell on wheels, but it's going into it's last season, so it should be interesting.

Phoenix

Reaction score
ha ha, what timing. Re-watching "Pandorum" which I haven't seen in years, and OH HEY moment...Darryl Dixon! Er, I mean Norman Reedus! Sure enough, he had a short but nice little part as "Shepard" in the film.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
ha ha, what timing. Re-watching "Pandorum" which I haven't seen in years, and OH HEY moment...Darryl Dixon! Er, I mean Norman Reedus! Sure enough, he had a short but nice little part as "Shepard" in the film.

Yeah, about a month ago one of the cable channels was showing Six Ways To Sunday.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any guesses on which characters on TWD "meet their maker" in the last 8 episodes?

We've been around the show long enough to know there will be some folks that won't make it to season 6.

Here are the ones I think make it to season 6:

-Rick (they can't kill him off because it's his story)
-Carl (Rick has taken so many body-blows I can't see this happening now)
-Judith (No, can't see this one happening now either)
-Maggie & Glenn (At some point maybe, but not before the start of next season)
-Daryl & Carroll (May be more important to the show than Rick... at least right now)
-Michonne (No, the writers won't kill her off)

I think everyone else is fair game.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Any guesses on which characters on TWD "meet their maker" in the last 8 episodes?

We've been around the show long enough to know there will be some folks that won't make it to season 6.

Here are the ones I think make it to season 6:

-Rick (they can't kill him off because it's his story)
-Carl (Rick has taken so many body-blows I can't see this happening now)
-Judith (No, can't see this one happening now either)
-Maggie & Glenn (At some point maybe, but not before the start of next season)
-Daryl & Carroll (May be more important to the show than Rick... at least right now)
-Michonne (No, the writers won't kill her off)

I think everyone else is fair game.

I think you're pretty spot on except maybe Maggie. Taking her out would pretty much be the end of the Herschel crew, wouldn't it...? And think of what it would / could do to the mental stability of Glenn....he could catapult up to some pretty good possible story lines lol...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Episode 5-9... 2-8-15

A good, but sad & weird episode to start the second half of the season.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
SPOILER WARNING:

I dont think that town was run over by just the dead. The dead didnt cut themselves into pieces and shove themselves in those vehicles like that. Also the way the brick was broken near the fence that had a hole in it, and how the roofs of some of the houses were burnt makes it seem like they were attacked by humans. Feels like a prelude to another threat that is coming.

With the way Tyree was hanging on and being taunted, I thought for sure Rick was going to hack his arm off an save him. His character kind of ran its course in my opinion, it doesnt seem like a coincidence that his kindness ended up being his down fall.

Overall it was an ok start, not great imo.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SPOILER WARNING:

I dont think that town was run over by just the dead. The dead didnt cut themselves into pieces and shove themselves in those vehicles like that. Also the way the brick was broken near the fence that had a hole in it, and how the roofs of some of the houses were burnt makes it seem like they were attacked by humans. Feels like a prelude to another threat that is coming.

With the way Tyree was hanging on and being taunted, I thought for sure Rick was going to hack his arm off an save him. His character kind of ran its course in my opinion, it doesnt seem like a coincidence that his kindness ended up being his down fall.

Agreed about the character.

If he had survived he would continually be tormented.

Smith22

Reaction score
SPOILER WARNING:

My thoughts as well.

The amount of commercial breaks last night seemed insane. I'm guessing the commercials had more airtime than the actual show.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
while i don't disagree on tyree and whether or not he *should* have continued on, he *was* a fan favorite to many and it was a shock to see them kill off another so quickly after doing beth in.

it's no secret i hated the last episode of the dead cause it made no sense and seemed thrown together to simply get by and end the 1st 1/2 of the season. nothing lead to "tomorrow", nothing pointed out the direction they would go next, and beths death made as much sense as burned popcorn.

now, if *this* episode would have closed out last year, we'd still have beth and THEN it would have made sense. end the series in a death that makes logistical sense, and lead into the next season, who's doing all the body hacking out there? we'd know about noahs town and that drama could have been built up enough to make people WANT to know what happened this year. this just seems like a story late to the party thats still derailing things.

i'll keep watching but i do think the overall quality of the story line has dropped in the last several seasons.

1/2 seasons.

i lose track.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SPOILER WARNING:

Good points.

The dead that were hacked up looked like they had roman numerals carved in the foreheads or maybe that was just me.
The houses looked like they had been hit with molotov cocktails or maybe even artillery of a sort.

Tyree was kind of a boring guy in many ways. He was the gentle giant. He had the body to be a massive zombie slayer and killer but in the end he was all jane instead of tarzan and it just did not work out well. Frankly he had more lines and scenes than TDog but they seemed to garner the same amount of Meh from me for the most part. Plus I think Abraham coming in may have pushed out Tyree. Abraham is now the bulldozer so to speak. He was assertive and agressive but now we will have to see how his character will go on with him having no true mission...will he turn into a bundle of confusion like tyree or will he shake it off, rub some dirt on it and turn back into hard charging Abraham again.

I will like how they set it up to make you think they were burying Beth at the beginning only to end it with them actually burying Tyree.