The Walking Dead-Season 10

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yea, same premise when it started but done very well. now it's just impossible escape after impossible escape.

if michonne has to carry a dead judith out to the water through the villages on fire and dump her dead body off a boat into the ocean during the height of a hurricane so she can run away and become a lumberjack in the pacific NW they take the title for most BS in a series.

Michinne wont be sticking around much longer. She hasn't appeared in either of theses two episodes and from what I've read, Danai Guirira is done after this season. She sees the writing in the wall and wants to abandon ship too. Anyone with options is looking for the door.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm still watching it.

Stash is right with the plot-holes.

But I still like the underlying premise– zombies coming back to life and essentially taking over the world.

The character of Negan has been the most interesting to me so far in season 10. Many of the rest are just meh at this point. Just too many characters and locations to get to know any one character very well except for the small handful from the first five seasons.

I do find Alpha to be an interesting villain in that she isn't like either The Governor nor Negan.

I still expect The Whisperer arc to be over and done with by the next six episodes.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It's awful.

It was bad enough when they had that one ridiculous encounter between Negan and Rick awhile back. Crazy to think that they would somehow meet and have a confrontation and both would somehow walk away from it. Now they decided to do it on a weekly basis. Insulting garbage storytelling.

What’s this? Negan and Rick have met since Rick got blown up?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's awful.

It was bad enough when they had that one ridiculous encounter between Negan and Rick awhile back. Crazy to think that they would somehow meet and have a confrontation and both would somehow walk away from it. Now they decided to do it on a weekly basis. Insulting garbage storytelling.
it seems almost every "high drama" show i've seen sooner or later just makes the extreme normal, negating the effect of the extreme.

dexter. the mere fact he worked for the police department and they never caught on was bad enough. by the series end when his sister dies and he carries her limb body through a paniced hospital due to a hurricane OF WHICH isn't enough to keep him from boating out and dropping off his sister in the waters so he can go flipside and the pacific northwest and become a lumberjack and be ok.

billions. good lord how many laws can you break and keep your job as a DA?

justified. man, how many people will get killed today? 7? slow day.

sons of anarchy. i gave up long before flew into the diesel. my brother told me how it ended and i was so glad i didn't invest into the last season and a half.

the next show up for me that is about to take extreme to normal life is ozark. season 3 coming and while i look forward to it, the previous alone show impossible situation after impossible situation. again, it negates the mere premise of "impossible".

they just got nothing left for walking dead. really haven't since terminus. the main characters they have left in darrell, carol and so on have such small bit parts, we're forced to deal with other characters who are not developed either and there simply isn't any one person you WANT to follow anymore like rick for so many seasons.

nothing else is on sunday so likely to watch still but it's more can't turn away from the accident than anything else.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it seems almost every "high drama" show i've seen sooner or later just makes the extreme normal, negating the effect of the extreme.

dexter. the mere fact he worked for the police department and they never caught on was bad enough. by the series end when his sister dies and he carries her limb body through a paniced hospital due to a hurricane OF WHICH isn't enough to keep him from boating out and dropping off his sister in the waters so he can go flipside and the pacific northwest and become a lumberjack and be ok.

billions. good lord how many laws can you break and keep your job as a DA?

justified. man, how many people will get killed today? 7? slow day.

sons of anarchy. i gave up long before flew into the diesel. my brother told me how it ended and i was so glad i didn't invest into the last season and a half.

the next show up for me that is about to take extreme to normal life is ozark. season 3 coming and while i look forward to it, the previous alone show impossible situation after impossible situation. again, it negates the mere premise of "impossible".

Good thing I've never watched any of them. I can see I didn't miss much.
:laugh:

they just got nothing left for walking dead. really haven't since terminus. the main characters they have left in darrell, carol and so on have such small bit parts, we're forced to deal with other characters who are not developed either and there simply isn't any one person you WANT to follow anymore like rick for so many seasons.

nothing else is on sunday so likely to watch still but it's more can't turn away from the accident than anything else.

If it wasn't for my wife wanting me to sit and watch it with her, I would already be gone (like the majority of former fans). Now, we watch it and I end up *****ing to her about the stupidity we're being forced to watch while she's openly campaigning for Carol to die already.

It's become insulting to the viewer.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good thing I've never watched any of them. I can see I didn't miss much.
:laugh:

If it wasn't for my wife wanting me to sit and watch it with her, I would already be gone (like the majority of former fans). Now, we watch it and I end up *****ing to her about the stupidity we're being forced to watch while she's openly campaigning for Carol to die already.

It's become insulting to the viewer.
yea. and i'm sure this monday i'll be *****ing about how bad it was. :)

scarlett o'hara on mushrooms just needs to go away. if this stands any chance at all we need new characters to develop and focus again on the rebuilding efforts and less on the cheesy blood over the eyes effects.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yea. and i'm sure this monday i'll be *****ing about how bad it was. :)

scarlett o'hara on mushrooms just needs to go away. if this stands any chance at all we need new characters to develop and focus again on the rebuilding efforts and less on the cheesy blood over the eyes effects.

Speaking of new characters, how about that new crew that they brought onboard this season (why I have no idea). I'm actually rooting for all of them to be killed off. But I'm not getting my hopes up about the two in the mine. Unfortunately, I'm sure they survived. But how bad is it when I wait to see unlikeable characters killed off?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Speaking of new characters, how about that new crew that they brought onboard this season (why I have no idea). I'm actually rooting for all of them to be killed off. But I'm not getting my hopes up about the two in the mine. Unfortunately, I'm sure they survived. But how bad is it when I wait to see unlikeable characters killed off?
my guess is the 2 in the mine just find another way out.

face it - no way you brought 10 acres of zombies into a half acre cave by shoving them through like thread into a needle. you also don't toss them in the way everyone FELL in or they'd all be broken legged zombies chewing your ankles off.

so even though there was a huge ARROW pointing in how to get out, they missed the big passage and decided for the sardine can approach to their exit. then they had to go F that up with carol, who was once rambo taking on terminus all by herself to free her peeps has now gone full bore stupid and wants to set off dynamite in caves.

so they'll show up just in the nick of time to save someone from an impossible situation and rejoyce, the band is back together. only in this case its the starland vocal band and no one cares.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
my guess is the 2 in the mine just find another way out.

Sadly, I'm sure of it.

face it - no way you brought 10 acres of zombies into a half acre cave by shoving them through like thread into a needle. you also don't toss them in the way everyone FELL in or they'd all be broken legged zombies chewing your ankles off.

How about the fact that Alpha was able to lure the entire bunch of them into there at once? Ugh! It's nauseating to think about.

so even though there was a huge ARROW pointing in how to get out, they missed the big passage and decided for the sardine can approach to their exit. then they had to go F that up with carol, who was once rambo taking on terminus all by herself to free her peeps has now gone full bore stupid and wants to set off dynamite in caves.

She needs to go, written off or killed off. But the current writing of her character sucks and has made her a totally unsympathetic and unlikeable character.

so they'll show up just in the nick of time to save someone from an impossible situation and rejoyce, the band is back together. only in this case its the starland vocal band and no one cares.

Bingo! Even when this group 'wins', we all lose.

Dodger12

Reaction score

if this stands any chance at all we need new characters to develop and focus again on the rebuilding efforts and less on the cheesy blood over the eyes effects.

There aren't any characters left for the viewer to become invested in or care enough about. I really thought Abraham was a good character that they could build on and was surprised when they killed him off. Darryl's character can't carry the show and what they've done to Carroll is criminal. Negan is a character I thought they'd build around and Jeffrey Dean's a great actor but they've just about ruined him dragging this thing out with the Whisperers.

The show needs an alpha character to build around but it's just limping along at this point. And I'll say this....whatever momentum they may have had for a movie is dwindling.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There aren't any characters left for the viewer to become invested in or care enough about. I really thought Abraham was a good character that they could build on and was surprised when they killed him off. Darryl's character can't carry the show and what they've done to Carroll is criminal. Negan is a character I thought they'd build around and Jeffrey Dean's a great actor but they've just about ruined him dragging this thing out with the Whisperers.

The show needs an alpha character to build around but it's just limping along at this point. And I'll say this....whatever momentum they may have had for a movie is dwindling.
darryl could carry it if they let him. they just don't. back when he and the young blond chic that eventually got killed in the atanta police/hospital building did their entire show to develop the character, you got into darryl quite a bit. the story was there to take and darryl to learn from rick and lead. instead they put him away and only bring him out when they need a dirty country boy to show how bad hair can be and still function in life.

negan was the odds on to lead. his character and growth could have taken this to another level. instead he was whining like a little beyotch when he thought alpha was about to kill him. the only saving grace is if negan comes back around and does what he did in the comics to end this.

even that storyline i fear is too little, to late.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
as i feared, i watched it last night. it was either that or the season finale of worst cooks in america and im pretty tired of that show now.

in all, it was one of the better ones of this season. eugene had a shot at his dream woman and backed away with the promise of meeting his fantasy girl in a week. that is, if they survive the horde! the same horde that was in a blown up cave that we never found out how people got in or out of it. :) but in any event, it was a good calm before the storm show and had it's usual cliffhanger.

what i simply don't understand is how these people are out-thought time and time again. if the zombies and whisperers are going to come through a wheat field, then YOU prep it to burn. YOU set it on fire when they're in there. simply standing there with praetorian shields and trying to mimic roman defenses was just strange.

the arm whacking of negan and alpha is just "***"? great. we already know she's a freak. taking a stick to each others arms is just out of place but indicative of the bad writing that does these things for "effect" but actually getting the wrong effect out of it.

in any event, nothing else on sundays now so i'll likely finish this season. just odd to me we're 3 shows in and still have not seen michonne and her boat trip to adventure island.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
as i feared, i watched it last night. it was either that or the season finale of worst cooks in america and im pretty tired of that show now.

in all, it was one of the better ones of this season. eugene had a shot at his dream woman and backed away with the promise of meeting his fantasy girl in a week. that is, if they survive the horde! the same horde that was in a blown up cave that we never found out how people got in or out of it. :) but in any event, it was a good calm before the storm show and had it's usual cliffhanger.

what i simply don't understand is how these people are out-thought time and time again. if the zombies and whisperers are going to come through a wheat field, then YOU prep it to burn. YOU set it on fire when they're in there. simply standing there with praetorian shields and trying to mimic roman defenses was just strange.

the arm whacking of negan and alpha is just "***"? great. we already know she's a freak. taking a stick to each others arms is just out of place but indicative of the bad writing that does these things for "effect" but actually getting the wrong effect out of it.

in any event, nothing else on sundays now so i'll likely finish this season. just odd to me we're 3 shows in and still have not seen michonne and her boat trip to adventure island.

I believe the limited role of Michonne was due to her leaving the series... Instead of cutting her loose mid-season, a-la Rick, they (the producers) simply parsed out her appearances over a larger number of episodes.

I get the idea of setting the field on fire but then the group would have had to keep the blaze from reaching the walls... And I do not think they had the time to prep the field and create fire-blocks, nor the gasoline to successfully pull it off.

In the graphic novel the size of the Whisperer herd was incredible... Just massive. If the producers are implying a similar sized herd for the attack on the Hilltop, then a field-fire would cut down a lot of the walking-dead, but there were enough behind them to continue the assault to conclusion.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe the limited role of Michonne was due to her leaving the series... Instead of cutting her loose mid-season, a-la Rick, they (the producers) simply parsed out her appearances over a larger number of episodes.

I get the idea of setting the field on fire but then the group would have had to keep the blaze from reaching the walls... And I do not think they had the time to prep the field and create fire-blocks, nor the gasoline to successfully pull it off.

In the graphic novel the size of the Whisperer herd was incredible... Just massive. If the producers are implying a similar sized herd for the attack on the Hilltop, then a field-fire would cut down a lot of the walking-dead, but there were enough behind them to continue the assault to conclusion.
while i won't argue much with that, this MASSIVE herd still lived in a small cave no one could get into or out of. that part will haunt me forever i'm afraid. :)

they had time to sit around and reminisce, they had time to set an electric sword in the way. they had time to build a flimsy wall with thorns in it and strange turnstyles with pointy sticks coming out of them.

and if you're really going to "Run Away" a downed tree in the road won't stop you, just walk around it and walk on to where ever it is you are going to go.

but i would agree on michonne. if she's fading then not much sense in giving her a lot to do this season.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Carol and Alpha need to go. Their characters are stale and boring.
Maybe they’ll take each other out?
Would like to see Negan and or Daryl take over the group, but with Maggie coming back at some point I don’t see Negan taking over as Maggie will be out gunning for him since he killed Glenn.

I really like the series and the story, it’s just gotten stale **.
Too many stale and boring characters and uninteresting storylines. The current bad guys “the whisperers” are not scary IMHO. Either big changes need to happen or it needs to end.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carol and Alpha need to go. Their characters are stale and boring.
Maybe they’ll take each other out?
Would like to see Negan and or Daryl take over the group, but with Maggie coming back at some point I don’t see Negan taking over as Maggie will be out gunning for him since he killed Glenn.

I really like the series and the story, it’s just gotten stale **.
Too many stale and boring characters and uninteresting storylines. The current bad guys “the whisperers” are not scary IMHO. Either big changes need to happen or it needs to end.

I think they're clearly running it into the ground and milking it for every cent along the way.