"The Walking Dead" Season 4– Episodes 9-16...

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Did anybody else think Joe would form a stronger alliance with Daryl? He saved Daryl's *** when the other guy accused him wrongly of something he didn't do.

I kind of liked his "claimed" mentality and leadership style. It was tough but required discipline.

I thought the member of the group suddenly becoming gay and trying to rape Carl was way over the top.

pedophilia <> homosexuality

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did anybody else think Joe would form a stronger alliance with Daryl? He saved Daryl's *** when the other guy accused him wrongly of something he didn't do.

I kind of liked his "claimed" mentality and leadership style. It was tough but required discipline.

I thought the member of the group suddenly becoming gay and trying to rape Carl was way over the top.

what was way over the top is how does a dude stay that fat 18+ months after society went to hell?

blindzebra

Reaction score

Seriously? Gay is not pedophilia...geesh just go away already.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Seriously? Gay is not pedophilia...geesh just go away already.

And who said he "suddenly" became anything? It's not like that guy had a lot of characterization up to that point to know how he was about anything.

Stryker44

Reaction score
One of Joe's strengths was his ability to evaluate people. He recognized Daryl wasn't maggot scum like the rest of his group. So he wanted to align himself more with someone as capable as himself. Someone who won't also stab him in the back at a moment's notice.

Over the top huh? Well, if you ever find yourself in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, don't underestimate the extremes maggot scum will go to. The precaution may save your life. Then again, forget the zombie apocalypse. Don't ever underestimate the extremes maggot scum will go to in everyday life.

True, but its just odd that all of a sudden a guy becomes a gay pedophile in his group, and he condones the behavior simply to avenge the death of a comrade. It seemed like before this episode Joe at least had some sense of honor and a code in his group.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, but its just odd that all of a sudden a guy becomes a gay pedophile in his group, and he condones the behavior simply to avenge the death of a comrade. It seemed like before this episode Joe at least had some sense of honor and a code in his group.
Hmm. People (or fictional characters) do not suddenly become gay. The character was a pedophile. There isn't any reason to include the word gay in the description.

The character was behaving more as a pedophile than as an avenger. Honor and codes bond a group of individuals together but they have zero influence over moral conduct. Moral conviction comes from within. Daryl has it. Joe may have had it in a much lesser degree. No one else did.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmm. People (or fictional characters) do not suddenly become gay. The character was a pedophile. There isn't any reason to include the word gay in the description.

The character was behaving more as a pedophile than as an avenger. Honor and codes bond a group of individuals together but they have zero influence over moral conduct. Moral conviction comes from within. Daryl has it. Joe may have had it in a much lesser degree. No one else did.

Like money, the Zombie Apocalypse doesn't define character it reveals it.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

don't be gay, sparky.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like money, the Zombie Apocalypse doesn't define character it reveals it.
Agreed. Daryl's brother Merle is the first person I thought of while reading that. Merle cared little for anyone other than Daryl and himself. But he rose to the threat of the Governor alone when it mattered most. The world could have easily twisted him into something far worse, but he didn't allow that to happen in the end.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I fully expect that in the first half of S5 the major set piece will be the train car. Probably 90-95% of every episode inside it. Should save AMC plenty of money, too.

Section446

Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty weak season overall, but the ending was awesome. Rick tried really hard to have a Walter White moment there at the end, and it just didn't work.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought it was a pretty weak season overall, but the ending was awesome. Rick tried really hard to have a Walter White moment there at the end, and it just didn't work.

I thought the season was a mixed bag. Which is what we've kind of had since season 1. Going to a longer season (13, 16 & 16 episodes) is bound lead to a few uneven spots.

The front half of season 4 didn't knock my socks off. I was entertained but I wasn't enthralled with it like I was back in season 1.

I thought the last half of season 4 was much better with "Carol shooting Lizzie" episode being the strongest in the series since season 2.

The first half of the finale was outstanding... The last half-hour left me sort of flat. As far as finale's go I thought it was the weakest since the CDC episode in season 1.

On a scale of 1-10, here's how I would rate the seasons...

Season One - 10
Season Two - 8
Season Three - 8
Season Four - 7

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I really liked the finale. I thought they did a great job with it.

I really liked how they they did what i thought was a good job of showing how Rick will become a completely primal person, despite how good a guy he really is, when it comes to protecting Carl. They've flashed that through out the series where Rick will just go crazy in the way he goes after someone. I like how they finally did that and then talked about it with Darryl saying that wasn't him and Rick admiting that yes it really was him. Look at how he beat on Tyrese and now the way he ripped the throat out of a guy, and gutted another one, to defend his son.

I love how they showed that even though Rick is geniunely a good man, who wants to do right by people, that he has an uncontrolable savage side that will come out in defense of his kid. I loved that. I also thought it tied pretty well to the flash backs where I felt like what they were trying to convey was Rick, in his mind, is thinking that becoming the farmer, and taking the edge off of himself, was a huge mistake. I think that in Rick's mind he believes doing that is what cost them the prison because it made him become to complacent, to easy going, rather than having that edge to do whatever you've to do when the moment calls for it.

I also liked that they brought out Ricks ability to notice things around him, quickly, when they got to Terminus. I was thinking surely Rick notices that riot gear and the pancho and sure enough he did. I loved that too. His Walter White moment wasn't as good as Walter White, but then no ones ever could be, but I think it's going to play well when season 5 rolls along.

The one big question I'll have going into next season is how it plays out when Tyrese, Carol, and the baby show up at Terminus.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IThe one big question I'll have going into next season is how it plays out when Tyrese, Carol, and the baby show up at Terminus.
I'm hoping Tyrese and Carol were in the vicinity, heard the gunfire herding Rick's group, and witnessed their capture. That way, they can help coordinate any escape plan for Rick's group by aiding them from outside Terminus.