"The Walking Dead" Season 4– Episodes 9-16...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Was Terminus in the comic with same storyline? This was very Logan's Run with "sanctuary" in it being a robot that freeze dried everyone for food.

Even with Rick and the gang sneaking in it still seems out of character to put himself in that kind of position with his trust issues. I would like to believe he would have went in by himself or sent someone in with the others laying back if there was trouble.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was Terminus in the comic with same storyline? This was very Logan's Run with "sanctuary" in it being a robot that freeze dried everyone for food.

Even with Rick and the gang sneaking in it still seems out of character to put himself in that kind of position with his trust issues. I would like to believe he would have went in by himself or sent someone in with the others laying back if there was trouble.

I thought he handled it well.

Certainly much better than the first group that waltzed in without a fear.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

Nope. There are some very small resemblances, but the "Sanctuary" itself and how the season ended is vastly different. I actually give the writers and Kirkman a big nod here. They ended the season with a cliffhanger that leaves even the most well read Walking Dead fan wondering. Bravo.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why did Rick get violent in Terminus unprovoked?

Sometimes I think you are trolling (with this and the beth thing) other times I think...this guy honestly does not get it.

Either way.

He saw the one guy with the pocket watch. The pocket watch was the one that Hershel gave Glen.
He saw the riot gear the one guy was wearing...that was riot gear from the prison and what Glen would wear on occasion.
He saw the pancho the one person was wearing and again had seen it in the prison. I think Daryl had worn it at one time but Maggie started wearing it afterward.

So he knows there are items that are from the prison and from their friends that these other people are wearing.

That tells him that they are dead or they have been taken and the items stolen/taken from them.

I am not totally sure if he thought they were cannibals at that precise time that he slapped the food down or if he did it thinking they were going to poison them with the food.

Either way he knew something was wrong because he did not see the people those items belonged to and he saw other people wearing them.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Nope - how would he know they were cannibals when he first went outside?

Cannibals? He saw Glenns' body armor and Maggie's poncho and the pocket watch which is IDK whose so he knew some more of the group was there but nowhere to be found so instant red flag. The cannibals thing better not be a spoiler.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cannibals? He saw Glenns' body armor and Maggie's poncho and the pocket watch which is IDK whose so he knew some more of the group was there but nowhere to be found so instant red flag. The cannibals thing better not be a spoiler.

It went by really quick and I had to rewind the DVR and check it. But when Rick and the group are running, or I happen to believe they were being herded to where the terminus group wanted them to go, there is a quick part where you can see something.

If you have it recorded or have a place you can watch it again...

Find where Rick is running and he is checking his gun or reloading his gun. Right about that part he passes a fenced in square that would be to his left. Within that fenced in square is a pile of Spines and ribs and I would imagine other skeleton parts. They appear like they are red...like they were fresh bodies that the meant had been stripped from the bone and not old zombie bodies.

That is not a spoiler if you watched the episode...you just might have missed it.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I didn't see any cows, pigs, or other animals and they seemed to have plenty of meat. What they have plenty of seem to be a railroad car of people.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't see any cows, pigs, or other animals and they seemed to have plenty of meat. What they have plenty of seem to be a railroad car of people.

Yeah, I don't think there's any confusion about the "meat" these folks are eating.

My question is the cannablism strictly a "Hey we need meat and humans will do" or it seemed like there could be some oddball religious connotation to the whole thing connected to the fact of the undead craving human flesh after turning.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
It went by really quick and I had to rewind the DVR and check it. But when Rick and the group are running, or I happen to believe they were being herded to where the terminus group wanted them to go, there is a quick part where you can see something.

If you have it recorded or have a place you can watch it again...

Find where Rick is running and he is checking his gun or reloading his gun. Right about that part he passes a fenced in square that would be to his left. Within that fenced in square is a pile of Spines and ribs and I would imagine other skeleton parts. They appear like they are red...like they were fresh bodies that the meant had been stripped from the bone and not old zombie bodies.

That is not a spoiler if you watched the episode...you just might have missed it.

I do have it recorded. I'll have to go back and check that. Ugh.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think there's any confusion about the "meat" these folks are eating.

My question is the cannablism strictly a "Hey we need meat and humans will do" or it seemed like there could be some oddball religious connotation to the whole thing connected to the fact of the undead craving human flesh after turning.

The candle thing did seem pretty weird. There seem to be a lot of dudes (youngish dudes) in that group and I saw a frazzled girl in the pancho and two chubby old ladies. I'm thinking Maggie, Sasha, and Rosita would have more use to them than those other ladies. Or is that just me?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The candle thing did seem pretty weird. There seem to be a lot of dudes (youngish dudes) in that group and I saw a frazzled girl in the pancho and two chubby old ladies. I'm thinking Maggie, Sasha, and Rosita would have more use to them than those other ladies. Or is that just me?

The candle-thing, the manner of speech, the cultish-nis of the whole thing sorta screams a religious connection to the eating of the humans... And not just a quest for meat.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
Sometimes I think you are trolling (with this and the beth thing) other times I think...this guy honestly does not get it.

Either way.

He saw the one guy with the pocket watch. The pocket watch was the one that Hershel gave Glen.
He saw the riot gear the one guy was wearing...that was riot gear from the prison and what Glen would wear on occasion.
He saw the pancho the one person was wearing and again had seen it in the prison. I think Daryl had worn it at one time but Maggie started wearing it afterward.

So he knows there are items that are from the prison and from their friends that these other people are wearing.

That tells him that they are dead or they have been taken and the items stolen/taken from them.

I am not totally sure if he thought they were cannibals at that precise time that he slapped the food down or if he did it thinking they were going to poison them with the food.

Either way he knew something was wrong because he did not see the people those items belonged to and he saw other people wearing them.

I don't know if you caught it or not, but he also spotted the backpack that he and Michonne grabbed from the Walker-bait hitch-hiker at the end of the episode where they went back to Rick's town and encountered Morgan.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score

Here a pic if you wish to view it. Certainly looks like human remains.....

http://i.imgur.com/LKjHH6k.jpg

There were also other people crying for help from the other crates they ran by. Seems a fairly reasonable assumption that they are about to serve up some Rick Grimes BBQ.

Nomad

Reaction score
The only thing that bugged me a little was when they were getting in the rail car why didn't Glenn's group realize what was happening earlier or hear Rick outside, rail cars aren't THAT big. I get it though they wanted a big reveal at the end that the group was all there.

So who's left outside now? Carol and Tyreese, and Beth. I'm just speculating for next season.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing that bugged me a little was when they were getting in the rail car why didn't Glenn's group realize what was happening earlier or hear Rick outside, rail cars aren't THAT big. I get it though they wanted a big reveal at the end that the group was all there.

So who's left outside now? Carol and Tyreese, and Beth. I'm just speculating for next season.

As far as we know it's those 4 (including Judith) outside Terminus.

Now we could get a reveal in 5-1 where it's shown all have been captured also. But I have my doubts that Beth was kidnapped by a Terminus-person.

Certainly we have lots of time to speculate how/when Tyreese/Carol/Judith show up.

blindzebra

Reaction score
There are two possibilities going on and both can be supported by what we saw.

If they were just cannibals they would have been more likely to have killed them instead of herding them.

They did that to not waste meat.

The train car is to isolate them to cause them to become dependent on them...Helsinki syndrome...we saw the food outside the car.

It is a storage container and they are fattening them up.

The candles were honoring loved ones lost to walkers.

They are honoring the people they sacrifice and eat.

The funeral home is a separate group that grabbed Beth.

It was a trap by the Teminus folks to get those that don't come to them.