The Walking Dead-Season 8, Episodes 1-8

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For a Sunday night cable show the numbers are very good... but relatively speaking the numbers are down in the area of season 2 range before it really became a huge hit.

That's what I expected.

So if you put it on a chart, the arrow is pointing down.

Now we just have to figure out exactly how down it is.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
For a Sunday night cable show the numbers are very good... but relatively speaking the numbers are down in the area of season 2 range before it really became a huge hit.
cause there's nothing else on sundays at this point.

i'll give "the mid-season finale" a chance. may as well at this point. but it's frustrating as others have said to have them milk a "stone" this long. it's pure "do something until we can think of something good!" at this point.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cause there's nothing else on sundays at this point.

i'll give "the mid-season finale" a chance. may as well at this point. but it's frustrating as others have said to have them milk a "stone" this long. it's pure "do something until we can think of something good!" at this point.

I do think something big is going to happen... Something that wasn't predicted by the comics.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see far more critique in this thread than praise.

Is the vaunted TWD going the way of the buffalo (i.e. American Idol)?

I think the problem is that seasons 1 and 2, essentially under Frank Darabont set the bar awfully high as far as the writing and overall production of the show.

Since then between a fall off in the writing and the obvious intention to slow the pace of the show down so that it did not overtake the graphic novel the overall quality has noticeably slipped.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I think the problem is that seasons 1 and 2, essentially under Frank Darabont set the bar awfully high as far as the writing and overall production of the show.

Since then between a fall off in the writing and the obvious intention to slow the pace of the show down so that it did not overtake the graphic novel the overall quality has noticeably slipped.
Season 1 was so damned good. Season 2 was pretty rad, too. I just couldn't take it anymore after they went to some hospital and local PD was patrolling it, inside. Chris (Noah/Tyler James Williams) from Everybody Hates Chris was pretty cool, tho. Even tho his storyline was underwritten

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not Wyatt Twerp

College makes sense though......he would be the first OG killed that I would cheer for

Lot's of folks cheered for Andrea's death.

I thought the TV folks kinda screwed up the development of the character.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I expected.

So if you put it on a chart, the arrow is pointing down.

Now we just have to figure out exactly how down it is.

The episode just concluded 8-07 had 7.47 million viewers.

That was the lowest number since episode 2-12 of season 2 (the next to last episode of that season).

The all-time high was 17.30 million viewers for the premier episode of season 5 (escape from Terminus).

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The episode just concluded 8-07 had 7.47 million viewers.

That was the lowest number since episode 2-12 of season 2 (the next to last episode of that season).

The all-time high was 17.30 million viewers for the premier episode of season 5 (escape from Terminus).

How the mighty have fallen.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've really enjoyed the show and always thought it did a great way of interpreting how it would really go down in such an event (people still fighting and bickering over each other). With that said, it is getting a little long in the tooth. 8 seasons for any show is a good run but I do think something needs to happen to either finish off the story or give it some excitability again.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've really enjoyed the show and always thought it did a great way of interpreting how it would really go down in such an event (people still fighting and bickering over each other). With that said, it is getting a little long in the tooth. 8 seasons for any show is a good run but I do think something needs to happen to either finish off the story or give it some excitability again.

And the graphic novel, which they've been adhering too is pretty boring after "All Out War" IMO.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh oh! That's not a good sign!

:(

SPOILER!

Other folks may have gotten a different impression from reading the graphic novel... But I thought the next "group" was lame.

I think there was some interesting things that transpired between the end of "All Out War" and the next part of the story within the graphic novel but the graphic novel makes a big time jump that leaves out all sorts of details... I think the TV show would benefit by covering some of those details rather than taking us through a time jump.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
<Bold> That is why I enjoy the series so much. It is not the easiest task quantifying the human condition in a dramatic setting, especially if the setting is completely hypothetical. No one can get it totally right but I think the show does a very good job showing how humanity would (basically) behave in this type of apocalyptic scenario. The writers should do a better job of creating believable dialogue for more genuine episodic situations but the overall show has done a wonderful job translating what people have done for thousands of years and inserted it into a grand What If.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SPOILER!

Other folks may have gotten a different impression from reading the graphic novel... But I thought the next "group" was lame.

I think there was some interesting things that transpired between the end of "All Out War" and the next part of the story within the graphic novel but the graphic novel makes a big time jump that leaves out all sorts of details... I think the TV show would benefit by covering some of those details rather than taking us through a time jump.

So I'm guessing that's what that silly "old Rick" stuff was alluding to?

And is the attempted hook to then fill-in-the-blanks along the way, hoping the audience sticks around long enough to find out? While everyone still around has to wear age makeup?

Great. This show is starting to go the way of "Lost". An apt description.