The Walking Dead

ethiostar

Reaction score
I watched the show for the first time online this week. Watched all of the episodes in the last few days and i like the show. Some characters I can do without but most of them are complex and very entertaining.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Shane character is important to the dynamics of the show at this point.

Even though his decisions could be argued by some as being "understandable" because of whatever circumstances he was experiencing at the time, he brings a needed "bad guy" character to the group... At least until the one-handed guy shows back up.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4223680 said:

Even though his decisions could be argued by some as being "understandable" because of whatever circumstances he was experiencing at the time, he brings a needed "bad guy" character to the group... At least until the one-handed guy shows back up.

Oh I agree... a diabolical antagonist is in the recipe for pretty much every TV show. play, movie, etc... ever made...

Audiences need to "love to hate" someone...

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4223680 said:

Oh I completely agree, I still don't like him, ha. Also do you think the man and son from the first episode is still alive? Or do you think he made his last stand when he killed his zombie wife?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyeric8;4224088 said:
Oh I completely agree, I still don't like him, ha. Also do you think the man and son from the first episode is still alive? Or do you think he made his last stand when he killed his zombie wife?

I think the man & son will show up at some point. Probably when we least expect it. ;)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;4224054 said:
Oh I agree... a diabolical antagonist is in the recipe for pretty much every TV show. play, movie, etc... ever made...

Audiences need to "love to hate" someone...

Exactly.

And some of the questionable calls he's made, could be viewed as acceptable by some due to the circumstances.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4224088 said:

I had forgotten about them

pupulehaole

Reaction score
This show is great! Can't wait for the 1 handed redneck to show up n cause some havoc!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Spoilers.....in case you aren't caught up.

Another "meh" episode. I feel like they are going to spend most of the season at this ranch house.

I don't know why being pregnant is such a big deal. The children are the only chance at the human race's survival in such a hell like world. JMO. Also, the baby can't possibly be Shane's can it? Crap, a zombie movie is now sounding like a soap opera.

trickblue

Reaction score
This episode was VERY slow tonight after a stellar offereing last week...

I think it could be Shane's... or she thinks it could...

Looks like Michael Rooker is finally back next week from last season... this is good news...

k19

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4228267 said:
Crap, a zombie movie is now sounding like a soap opera.

Exactly. I'm thinking I'm about done with this show to be honest. Last season was really good but this ones all drama and little action. C'mon man how long are we going to drag out the missing girl, the cheating wife, and the I have a secret from the cdc guy. Plots just really gotten stagnent

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

Another "meh" episode. I feel like they are going to spend most of the season at this ranch house.

I don't know why being pregnant is such a big deal. The children are the only chance at the human race's survival in such a hell like world. JMO. Also, the baby can't possibly be Shane's can it? Crap, a zombie movie is now sounding like a soap opera.

Yes, it can certainly be Shane's and I'm sure that was weighing very heavy on her mind in addition to the other obvious disadvantages.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
trickblue;4228312 said:
This episode was VERY slow tonight after a stellar offereing last week...

I think it could be Shane's... or she thinks it could...

Looks like Michael Rooker is finally back next week from last season... this is good news...

Man, talk about long overdue! Something tells me that T-Dog isn't going to have a good episode and Daryl is going to have some tough decisions to make.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Crap, a zombie movie is now sounding like a soap opera.

That's kind of what the graphic novel is like.

I think it can be taken too far in either direction. You need the "soap opera" stuff to keep things fresh. You just can't have them being chased by zombies episode after episode. That will work in a 2-hour movie, but not when you're cranking out 13 1/2 hours of programming for season 2.

But you do need some zombie action to keep things hopping a little. I thought Daryl going through the house added a creepy factor, even without finding a Z in there.

And the make-up/special effects of the "water-well" zombie were pretty good. Great scene where it tears in half. LOL!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Zombies and a Soap Opera? I definitely wouldn't watch it now. :laugh2:

trickblue

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4229368 said:
Zombies and a Soap Opera? I definitely wouldn't watch it now. :laugh2:

It's not a soap, but rather a drama... heck... old superhero comics were full of drama...

It's a pretty good show...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;4229428 said:
It's not a soap, but rather a drama... heck... old superhero comics were full of drama...

It's a pretty good show...

LOL!

Exactly.

"The Sopranos" was the same. Drama with a bunch of violence thrown in.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4229362 said:
That's kind of what the graphic novel is like.

I think it can be taken too far in either direction. You need the "soap opera" stuff to keep things fresh. You just can't have them being chased by zombies episode after episode. That will work in a 2-hour movie, but not when you're cranking out 13 1/2 hours of programming for season 2.

But you do need some zombie action to keep things hopping a little. I thought Daryl going through the house added a creepy factor, even without finding a Z in there.

And the make-up/special effects of the "water-well" zombie were pretty good. Great scene where it tears in half. LOL!

Yeah very true. Too much zombie killing gets old, and too much drama gets old. I guess I just don't like the pace the episode went.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyeric8;4229945 said:
Yeah very true. Too much zombie killing gets old, and too much drama gets old. I guess I just don't like the pace the episode went.

Yeah, I thought the pace was slow too.

Who knows, maybe they're setting us up a very fast paced episode.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;4230046 said:
Yeah, I thought the pace was slow too.

Who knows, maybe they're setting us up a very fast paced episode.

After watching the episode I felt ripped off .. not so much for time spent watching it but rather the fact that episodes are limited and one slot was just wasted on an episode that really showed nothing than a "day in the life" of everyone.

If I had to guess, that was a low budget episode filmed in order to make higher budget episodes in the other slots, before and after this one.

#reality