The Walking Dead

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4244319 said:
Darrell (sp?) seems to be the most interesting character in the series...hard to think of it with out him in it.

Yea he is my favorite character in the show.

Always liked that actor in The Boondock Saints.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;4244342 said:
Yea he is my favorite character in the show.

Always liked that actor in The Boondock Saints.

Wow...did not even make the connection.

Of course yesterday was the first time I seen the boondock Saints...yeah yeah I know but better late than never.

For some reason I kept thinking that guy kind of looked like the furlong kid from the 2nd terminator movie and the detroit rock city movie.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4244356 said:
Wow...did not even make the connection.

Of course yesterday was the first time I seen the boondock Saints...yeah yeah I know but better late than never.

For some reason I kept thinking that guy kind of looked like the furlong kid from the 2nd terminator movie and the detroit rock city movie.

He was also Blade's turncoat partner in Blade 2.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;4244361 said:
He was also Blade's turncoat partner in Blade 2.

Yeah you are right...Scud.

That dudes eyes always make me think of the Furlong guy...Don't know how I missed that all along.

You seen the second boondock saints movie? Have not watched it and wanted to know if it was worth watching compared to the first one.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4244369 said:
You seen the second boondock saints movie? Have not watched it and wanted to know if it was worth watching compared to the first one.

Its not as good ...... but I still liked it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;4244332 said:
You cannot make a TV show just like the comics.

As long as it has the same "feel" I am happy.

The end of last years season was horrible with the whole exploding building thing.

No you can't.

That would be goofy.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Daryl is turning into a pretty good character with a wide range of traits, which I guess is what makes him interesting.

At first (which of course is how the writers wanted it) you figured he was going to be the top-jerk on the show (after his brother of course), but now it appears Shane is top-dog and Daryl is starting to show a little warmth and concern.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Either the zombies in the barn are people who have been bit or maybe they have been feeding the zombies with vistors on their farm lol

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4244612 said:
Daryl is turning into a pretty good character with a wide range of traits, which I guess is what makes him interesting.

At first (which of course is how the writers wanted it) you figured he was going to be the top-jerk on the show (after his brother of course), but know it appears Shane is top-dog and Daryl is starting to show a little warmth and concern.

Daryl is going to have a great storyline I suspect, especially when his brother really does show up again.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4244369 said:
Yeah you are right...Scud.

That dudes eyes always make me think of the Furlong guy...Don't know how I missed that all along.

I liked it, but not nearly as good as the first. But I don't even know what they could have done different, it was more of the same but I mean that's what they do. I guess just to have never made a second move. I was disappointed but at the same time I didn't feel like I wasted my time watching it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;4232781 said:
I don't claim to have seen every zombie movie. I don't claim to have seen more zombie movies than every member on this forum. I do however claim that I am a big zombie movie fan and have probably seen more than the vast majority. Between high budget films to lowly B rated (and worse) ones.

Just a few things to consider.

Some people tune into zombie movies just to see the gore, to see how the zombies look, to see what new ways a zombie can be killed or to see new ways to see a zombie kill someone else. The same could be said of the multitude of Friday the 13th movies, Halloween movies and Nightmare on elm street movies. Most know going in that most of these movies are using the same basic story lines so not much new in that department but they love seeing the main bad guy and how he is going to destroy someone or how he gets destroyed. In the case of the nightmare on elm street series it turned into what new funny lines Freddy can make.

There is another factor that is truly at the heart of zombie movies that some people seem to miss and it is odd that they would miss it or marginalize it because for the most part it is, like I just said, the heart of zombie movies.

It is the story lines of how the living interact with each other during desperate and intense times under almost unbearable situations that seems to have little to no hope of changing.

Well put BP.

And when you're doing a weekly series, if you didn't have interesting character to charater interaction, things would get boring fast.

The really bad zombie movies just don't develop the characters enough. Take for example the newest Romero flick "Survival of the Dead". Just awful because you couldn't care less about any of the characters.

Sorta the same for me with Rob Zombie's zombie flick. Way too much emplasis in the "video game" action and too little character development. And it had the potential to be a pretty good film.

The first zombie movie I watched... At least this type of zombie, where they devour the living and not the Bela Lugosi type of voo-doo zombie, was "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things". Even that low-budget zombie film is a good watch because of the character development and interaction.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
At this point, I hope the little girl is in the barn and her mother either stays on the farm or joins her in the barn. This storyline has made me dislike both of them.

BP, that was a good write-up on the character interaction. That is definitely a big draw to this show. I'm also intrigued by the survival aspects of the show. How they adapt to not having the things they used to take for granted. Rick & Shane's debate in the woods is interesting and gets you thinking.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
fifaguy;4244614 said:
Either the zombies in the barn are people who have been bit or maybe they have been feeding the zombies with vistors on their farm lol

I think it has more to do with religion, myself.

My theory is that the farmer either outlaws the killing of others, even if they are zombies because he thinks that salvation is at hand and god will turn them all back human.

When they thought Darrell was a zombie, remember Rick said Hershel wanted to handle Walkers himself. He also had that talk with Rick about religion and seemed pretty puzzled Rick would have such a negative view of the dead walking the earth.

He also doesn't want them having guns, which would probably be the easiest way to kill a zombie.

Speaking of which, I've never hit a woman in my life and don't ever plan to. But if I were there, I am pretty sure I'd have given Andrea a real thorough shaking after she shot at Darrell despite repeated warnings.

I think the season is getting better, it's already better than last year.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;4247226 said:
I think it has more to do with religion, myself.

My theory is that the farmer either outlaws the killing of others, even if they are zombies because he thinks that salvation is at hand and god will turn them all back human.

When they thought Darrell was a zombie, remember Rick said Hershel wanted to handle Walkers himself. He also had that talk with Rick about religion and seemed pretty puzzled Rick would have such a negative view of the dead walking the earth.

He also doesn't want them having guns, which would probably be the easiest way to kill a zombie.

Speaking of which, I've never hit a woman in my life and don't ever plan to. But if I were there, I am pretty sure I'd have given Andrea a real thorough shaking after she shot at Darrell despite repeated warnings.

I think the season is getting better, it's already better than last year.

On the talking dead show they also brought up that at one time Hershal (sp?) said something along the lines of them getting a cure sooner or later. Said something along the lines that nobody thought they would cure Polio (or some other disease/condition) but they did and they will find a cure for the zombies.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4247229 said:
On the talking dead show they also brought up that at one time Hershal (sp?) said something along the lines of them getting a cure sooner or later. Said something along the lines that nobody thought they would cure Polio (or some other disease/condition) but they did and they will find a cure for the zombies.

Ah that's true, maybe that's what he's waiting for. A friend of mine is heavy into the books and he said Hershel is more of a jerk in the shows than he is in the books.

It would make sense that if he's supposed to be nicer, he'd keep the zombies around while he waits for a cure.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;4247427 said:
Ah that's true, maybe that's what he's waiting for. A friend of mine is heavy into the books and he said Hershel is more of a jerk in the shows than he is in the books.

It would make sense that if he's supposed to be nicer, he'd keep the zombies around while he waits for a cure.

LOL!

I'm not sure if he's into "jerk" territory yet...

If something like that really did take place, it would shake everyone's belief system to the core. And just like what prison does to many, turning them inward towards religion, in essense, Hershel's farm is a prison cell, and if he was religious before (which most likely he was) then this has cranked up his religious convictions several fold.

I could definitely see folks like him not killing those around him that turned, just because of the religious overtones. He may not even believe that a cure could be found, it's simply one more reason not to destroy those that have perished.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4247578 said:
LOL!

I'm not sure if he's into "jerk" territory yet...

If something like that really did take place, it would shake everyone's belief system to the core. And just like what prison does to many, turning them inward towards religion, in essense, Hershel's farm is a prison cell, and if he was religious before (which most likely he was) then this has cranked up his religious convictions several fold.

I could definitely see folks like him not killing those around him that turned, just because of the religious overtones. He may not even believe that a cure could be found, it's simply one more reason not to destroy those that have perished.

I meant more in regards to his insistence that they leave and the little sly comments, like when he said they were running through the antibiotics (which Rick's group brought in the first place) too quickly and that it's a wonder they survived and that Rick needs to control his people.

I'm assuming that in the book, he seemed more fatherly. In the show he seems to be heading towards totalitarian dictator status.

But as I said, I agree that his unwillingness to kill them could be linked to his religious belief.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
TheCount;4247668 said:
I meant more in regards to his insistence that they leave and the little sly comments, like when he said they were running through the antibiotics (which Rick's group brought in the first place) too quickly and that it's a wonder they survived and that Rick needs to control his people.

I'm assuming that in the book, he seemed more fatherly. In the show he seems to be heading towards totalitarian dictator status.

But as I said, I agree that his unwillingness to kill them could be linked to his religious belief.

I agree that he's keeping them in hopes of a cure.

I'm curious to know the logistics of luring new zombies into the barn without letting the others out. The zombie in the well was only attracted to live bait, so I'm guessing they had to have someone lure them in without getting the captive zombies amped up.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
TheCount;4247668 said:

reverse actually.